X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semis of the MVC Tourney are:

Bradley vs. Loyola
    Drake vs. UNI

The non-football schools are pretty well represented. The idea that throwing money at FCS football will kill basketball programs seems to be accurate this year.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      There is speculation that Hinson may go into politics in Oklahoma or may replace Elgin.

I'd like to see him move into broadcasting. I think he could drive some ratings.
      Imagine him and Mark Adams on a crew together. I mean, I like them both, but how much hyperbole would come from such a pair?

78-65

Comment

• proshox
        proshox commented
        Editing a comment
        Any chance he goes back to Self’s staff?

• N Crestway
        N Crestway commented
        Editing a comment
        Any chance that Danny Manning goes back to Bill Self's staff...

• Speaking of the Valley, watching some of Loyola/Bradley exhibition... I just don't remember the level play being this low. Its Horizon League level at best. I mean, brutal stuff.
      Come to think about it, its mostly ex-Horizon League teams now, so I guess they are playing to their talent level after all.

That is all.
      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• The Valley is just horrendous. The winners of these games are the teams who throw up the less bricks.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Looks like LOLoyola's "dominance" has come to an end. It appears we may have dodged the 500 mentions of Sister Jean for another year.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Guess Loyola's final 4 won't be repeated.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• That Chicago-market looked like it helped Loloyla maintain it’s staying power and helped filled seats in STL....
              The Assman

Comment

• Guess 35-0 really was just a fluke for a (ex)Valley Final Four Team. This is more fitting.
                The Assman

Comment

• I assume by losing, Loylola gets an auto to the NIT. Seems like we would want to root for as many regular season - one bid league champs, to also win their conference tournament?

Nm...I see my answer on the NIT thread.

Comment

• How would Tulane and ECU do in the Valley?
                    The Assman

Comment

• Kashman
                      Kashman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ECU wins the valley. They've been in a lot of games in conference this year. No team in the valley could stop Gardner. Tulane still finishes last

• Temple beats UCF. Should guarantee 4 teams in for the American
                    The Assman

Comment

• Steeleshocker
                      Steeleshocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Depends on the number of bid stealers, but the situation looks favorable. Can someone explain the seeding tiebreaker for Temple/UCF? Said Memphis needs to beat Tulsa to give Temple the 3 seed.

• Well, those Quadrant 1 dreams for Baylor certainly didn't materialize. I can see how they lost the Sunflower road games, but what in the world happened against Okie State in Waco? That was a serious faux pas.

Comment

• I'm rooting for Northern Illinois!!!

MVC Tournament.JPG

Comment

• Aargh
                        Aargh commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I KNEW Elgin wanted another Illinois school.

That's how CBSSN has it listed in their on-screen guide, and how it shows up as what's being watched.

• ECU would not win the MVC. Loyola is much better than ECU. Tulane would still be last. Teams like Tulsa or SMU would win the MVC though

Comment

• I was told that the valley didn't need us because Loyola already accomplished as much as we did.

I guess a final four followed by an undefeated season and a 1 seed is the same as a final four then missing the tourney

Comment

Working...
                        X