2018-19 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post
    Half court 3! Redturd blog melting down. Fire Dan is the word!
    That was epic. I’ve watched it 10 times. But question: did MSU dude get away with a double dribble? Just curious. Freaking awesome!!!!

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      Quadruple dribble! :)

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Here you go

Epic. Thank you.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

That was epic. I’ve watched it 10 times. But question: did MSU dude get away with a double dribble? Just curious. Freaking awesome!!!!
      He absolutely did!!!

Comment

• The last-second shot at the MSU/IlSt game doesn't do the redbirds collapse justice.

1:24 IlSt 60, MSU 54
        Then MSU got a bucket and fouled. IlSt made 1 of 2 for a 5 point lead with :50 left.

Missed shots on both ends, followed by offensive rebounds and scores on both ends., but the clock is ticking.

0:23 IlSt 63, MSU 58

MSU misses again, gets the rebound again, scores, and fouls. IlSt makes both throws

0:13 IlSt 65, MSU 60

MSU got a bucket with 7 seconds remaining, and then came the ACTUAL play of the game. Phil Fayne (IlSt) evidently forgot it's the team that's BEHIND that's supposed to foul and put MSU on the line for 1 shot. They got it.

Then got a steal on IlST's inbounds play.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• WuDrWu
          WuDrWu commented
          Editing a comment
          And NUMBER 1 on TOP10 plays. Also, in case you forgot, that's TWICE this season. ISUr also lost to Valpo on a half court buzzer shot when leading by 1.

• ECU vs USF going to overtime

Comment

• Anybody else see that no call flagrant 1 in the ECU USF game? Maybe I just don’t understand the rules. ECU should have had two shots and the ball but instead looks like USF will get the win

Comment

• WstateU
            WstateU commented
            Editing a comment
            Shocked monkey reffing...

• I thought it was that if an elbow ever happens it’s a flagrant 1 regardless of how or why. And it’s a flagrant 2 if it is violent or intentional outside the normal flow.

Ecu I was up 2 and took an elbow. They call the foul on the ECU players chin instead of the USF players swinging elbow... that was with about a minute or two left and the rest is history. 2 shots and the ball would have probably changed the winner

Comment

• Pathway to 6th is through Memphis. That's the easiest way to avoid Houston and Cincy. Unless Memphis wins at UCF (and if they do it probably won't matter anyway because it's unlikely we'd catch them) then I think WSU would have the tiebreaker, ASSUMING Wsu beats Memphis here, finishes 5-2 and Memphis goes 4-3. They have a similar schedule....@ECU and Tulane home, of course here, @Cincy, Tulsa at home, then it differs with @UCF and Temple at home as compared to us at SMU and Uconn here. Certainly their 7 games are more challenging. If we can get them here, and tie, it looks to me like UCF would be the tiebreaker, and they'd be 1-1 and we'd be 1-0 and if I'm reading the tiebreaker rules correctly, we'd get the higher seed. Lots of ifs, and we have to win games that are dicey at best, but there's a path.

Edit: With all the struggles and shortcomings this year, all the challenges, just don't give up a 12-0 run at the end of the Temple game. Just that. 12-1, ok, 11-0 ok. We're 6-5 and in great shape to finish top half of the league. Ifs and buts, I know.
            Last edited by WuDrWu; February 10, 2019, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• I really used to like the Redbirds. For some reason, I thought their program was situated similar to WSU. With Chicago so close they have so many recruiting advantages over us. Also, I thought the fans on here and on MVC Fans had a lot of mutual respect with WSU fans. I am not sure, but I think Muller screwed all of that up. So in summary, screw them.

Comment

• IlSt fans have started a gofundme page to raise money to buy Muller out.

Please check the URL and try again or, alternatively, you can browse fundraisers currently receiving the most donations worldwide below.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• FadedCrown
                    FadedCrown commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The program probably can't even afford it so that is needed.

• 02/10/19 - RECAP

Non-Conference
                  Oral Roberts (8-17, 6-6 Summit League) Won at South Dakota (7-15, 3-8 Summit League) 86 to 72

Conference
                  Connecticut (13-11, 4-7 American Athletic) Lost at Memphis (14-10, 6-5 American Athletic) 71 to 78
                  UCF (17-5, 7-3 American Athletic) Won at SMU (12-11, 4-7 American Athletic) 71 to 65
                  #25 Cincinnati (20-4, 9-2 American Athletic) Lost at #12 Houston (23-1, 10-1 American Athletic) 58 to 65
                  East Carolina (9-14, 2-9 American Athletic) Lost at South Florida (17-6, 7-4 American Athletic) 68 to 72 in 1xOT

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                    I really used to like the Redbirds. For some reason, I thought their program was situated similar to WSU. With Chicago so close they have so many recruiting advantages over us. Also, I thought the fans on here and on MVC Fans had a lot of mutual respect with WSU fans. I am not sure, but I think Muller screwed all of that up. So in summary, screw them.
                    Jank started it by having Stutz repeatedly punched in the nuts during the Valley tournament. It escalated the next year when Carmichael kicked Cotton in the face. Cratered and never recovered at that point, and eff them forever.
                    There are nights when I think that Sal Paradise was right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffrey Korchek View Post

Jank started it by having Stutz repeatedly punched in the nuts during the Valley tournament. It escalated the next year when Carmichael kicked Cotton in the face. Cratered and never recovered at that point, and eff them forever.
                      And then warned STUTZ to "knock it off!"

Comment

• WuDrWu
                        WuDrWu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        ISUr will never be forgiven for that in my eyes. You talk about a kid that didn't deserve that treatment. Disgustingly cheap and dirty. They can't lose enough.

• Wathcing the game between UH and Cinci yesterday, seeing UH's new arena and thinking of Cinci's, it make me wish donors (one in particular) would drop some "FU Money" and make WSU's arena the best in the conference.

Play in IBA for a season or two while construction is going on. I like the idea of fans being able to hit downtown before and after the game too. Help stimulate the economy and interaction among fans.
                      The Assman

Comment

Working...
                      X