Comment

• Stickboy46
      Stickboy46 commented
      Editing a comment
      oh god those uniforms are horrible....

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree... I did not like them, I did not like them at all.

• Walker
      Walker commented
      Editing a comment
      Get rid of the swirls and change the WSU wheat logo to either a Wu Shock or flying W and it might not be so bad.

Officials decided to resurrect the band — without a football team — because WSU was losing students to other universities with marching band programs, Sternfeld-Dunn said.

“We have been at music conferences with booths set up and had students come up and say, ‘Tell me about your marching band,’” he said. “And we say, ‘We don’t have one,’ and they turn around and leave.

“This has been a need in our school for a long time.”

Launching the new ensemble will cost about $300,000, Sternfeld-Dunn said — money that will go toward new instruments, uniforms and equipment, along with salaries for an assistant band director and two graduate teaching assistants.
    It seems they are making a pretty serious commitment if it entails hiring new staff.

Comment

sarcasm.jpg
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

This is one of those, we will slowly inch closer to bringing football back and shake off all the mid-major rust that started accumulating in 1987 and we will slowly find out how much football really costs. Lol. $300,000 for the marching band is just the beginning.

Comment

I knew it. What a waste of a name. Should have been a brass corp.

With saxes, I bet the first song they play something stupid like Havana.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
          I knew it. What a waste of a name. Should have been a brass corp.

With saxes, I bet the first song they play something stupid like Havana.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
            C0|dB|00ded commented
            Editing a comment
            LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

T

...:cool:

• shock
            shock commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, thats what it will sound like.

Higher, faster, louder. We'll see if they hit the mark this fall.

https://twitter.com/WichitaState/sta...00626293616647

Comment

Got a little info about the marching band. They are using the same drill designers that created the drill for my son's high school marching band last year. And it sounds like they are buying all new marching instruments (not a small expenditure). More evidence the music department is doing this right. Not just dipping their toes in the water.

Comment

Expect the Shocker Sound Machine to make their debut performance at the WBB game vs Creighton on 12/8

Comment

• RoyalShock
                RoyalShock commented
                Editing a comment
                That's the info I received today, as well.

• 1972Shocker
                1972Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                Makes it kind of a dress rehearsal without the pressure of a large audience plus maybe trying to entice a few folks to take in a Shocker women's game. I should be there so looking forward to that inaugural performance.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 31, 2018, 02:40 PM.

Here is an inside look at Shocker Sound Machine.

Comment

Here's a brief snippet from the debut of the Shocker Sound Machine at the WSU-Creighton women's basketball game on Saturday.

Comment

I was there and saw the band live. It was great to see and hear them in their first performance and impressive to have it go so well. The excellent school of music at Wichita State is often overlooked but never should be. So much wonderful talent and innovation. Congratulations on a great start for the Shocker Sound Machine.

Comment

Some friends of mine went and shared their video with me, and gave me permission to share it here. Wish I could have been there. I thought it was pretty good for a debut performance of difficult music in a new endeavor.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                      ShockTalk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Good stuff. Wonder if they'll feature a drum line at any point?

• Shocker1976
                      Shocker1976 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for sharing; look forward to watching them perform at a televised men's game

• 1972Shocker
                      1972Shocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Not sure how good your chances are of seeing them perform at a televised men's game. This women's game was televised on Yurview.com but out of a 15 minute halftime 10 minutes is commercials and 5 minutes is game commentary. You could hear the band in the background for a short period during the game commentary but their that band was not shown on the air.

Why would they debut it at a sparsely attended women’s game?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• ShockTalk
                      ShockTalk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Work out the kinks before playing to a full house. Think "scrimmage" or "exhibition game".

• TheShocktocles
                      TheShocktocles commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Practice. Practice.

• 1972Shocker
                      1972Shocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Or dress rehearsal. Or they just wanted to troll ShockerFever maybe.

Shouldn't be long before they show up at a men's game I would think. But that is where the 1st impression will be the most important obviously.
                  Working...
                  X