Donnie Jones leaving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donnie Jones leaving?

Wow there are going to be so many new people.

Comment

WTF is going on? Does Marshall still ask for a 2 year commitment from assistant coaches? Sucks from a recruiting standpoint, but I'm not sure he brought much else to the table with respect to X's and O's or player development.

Comment

I'd like the next assistant to come attached to a 5-star player for a change.

Why not?

T

...:cool:

Comment

Donnie seemed to reach a lot of high level kids but I’d like to know which of his targets we signed.

Comment

Many on here called it. Bad year last year. Staff was the problem. Almost a totally new staff now within one year. All of our problems are now solved. Right?

Comment

• ShockTalk
              ShockTalk commented
              Editing a comment
              I felt it was more the quality of CJ and/or GH we missed than the newer assistances being "a problem". Timing sucks big time unless......

I don't even know what to think about this one. He seems like a good guy but 3G's staff was missing something last year so this may be a mutually beneficial thing. Just hard not to associate it with the rest of this bizarre offseason purge though.

Comment

Interesting that Jones coached under Donovan longer than Grant, yet Grant was promoted to AHC in 2002 over Donovan. I guess Grant still is.

Comment

Go get Heiar. Make him top assistant and pay him whatever it takes. I'm sure there are other great assistants out there, but he is a known commodity. We're not in a position to gamble. He can help get this back on the tracks immediately.

Comment

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

3G could graciously give Heier half of 3G's half-million pay bump and add it to the existing pay for top assistant and be very, very competitive salary wise. Would you give up $250,000 if you were 3G? I believe he has more confidnece in his ability to recruit/train coaches than that.
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Uhhh... let's not lose our minds here. Gregg is not desperate to find help. All he needs is to surround himself with like-minded individuals who are driven, have recruiting ties, and will complete the tasks delegated to them with excellence. The rest is up to the players.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Win-win.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

This is fine... Good for Donnie and good for Gregg

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                            3G could graciously give Heier half of 3G's half-million pay bump and add it to the existing pay for top assistant and be very, very competitive salary wise. Would you give up $250,000 if you were 3G? I believe he has more confidnece in his ability to recruit/train coaches than that.
                            This is the key. We don't pay our assistant coaches at market and they don't appear to get many raises...all public information. Until GM and the AD decide to pay them, this is going to continue.

Comment

• Stickboy46
                              Stickboy46 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I thought I read that we gave them a pay raise recently

• pinstripers
                              pinstripers commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I would give it up if I really wanted somebody to stay, hell yes

• KBShocker
                              KBShocker commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Seriously? Then where did all those ticket price increases go?
                          Working...
                          X