Rafter Material?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rafter Material?

Not sure how long it is going to take (anybody know?) but RB and FVV’s numbers will be going to the rafters at some point—-hopefully, it won’t be too many years. The question is....should Landry’s? Yes, he is an NBA First Round Pick!!!! But, does that “automatically” get his number hanging?

No
    Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

I’m not sure if it’s official or unofficial but people have always said All-Americans get their jersey in the rafters. The rafters might get a bit crowded if you want to use any All-American appearance. If the process is subjective I’d have Cleanthony before Landry.

Comment

Shocker Hall of Fame, not rafters

Comment

I don't think rafters, but agree with Shocker Hall of Fame as Dan said. As a side note, for some reason the Shocker HoF has a backlog of basketball players that NEED to be added. PJ Cousinard and Jamar Howard are neither in the HoF, and if Toure isn't added this year I'll be really disappointed as well(dunno what the time frame for induction is but MEH went in last year therefore next year at minimum he would be eligible).

Comment

Not s chance. Perhaps if he would have stayed another year and advanced deep in the tournament. Nonetheless he proved all the doubters wrong last night.

Comment

Only way he makes the rafters is if he has an All-Star caliber NBA career and make it up there more for his post Shocker accolades.

Fred, Ron, and Cle before Landry (at this point).
              The Assman

Comment

I'm not big on Cle or Shamet going to the rafters. Fred and ron? Without a doubt.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Cle over Landry because he helped lead WU to the two greatest years in program history.

If Cle hadn’t derailed his NBA career (to this point), I think most people would believe he was rafter worthy.
                  The Assman

Comment

Rafter material? That would be Gregg Marshall.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• WuShock16
                      WuShock16 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Rafters? Might be looking too high. I wonder if Tom Devlin would mind putting Gregg’s name on the court. I mean, you don’t get to Tom’s position in life without being kinda proud of yourself, but I think I’ve heard that the two have a great relationship.

• C0|dB|00ded
                      C0|dB|00ded commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Too high you say? How about a 50 ft rotating statue of the man himself on top of the roof with arms outstretched? I'm envisioning something like this: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....RDE-i%2BFL.jpg

T

Fred and Ron - yes
                    Cle and Landry - no
                    Go Shocks!

Comment

I don't think you can put Gregg Marshall era players in the rafters until after the king retires. Everybody is expecting Fred and Ron 2.0 and 3.0. I know I am.

I used to think Fred and Ron were automatic, now with a little perspective, I'm not 100%. Ron was probably more loved than Fred. Fred will likely have a longer NBA career than Ron. Fred was probably responsible for more wins as PG, but then you have to add in the FBI snafu. It's a tough call...

Both are without a doubt the biggest Shocker stars in 30+ years but can you really compare them to X, Carr, and Stallworth?

It's great we're even having this discussion as it indicates the program is still on the rise.

I think the best is yet to come.

T

Comment

• ShockTalk
                        ShockTalk commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Different positions, teams had different strengths, different eras. Fred and Ron were a part of maybe the best 4 year run for the Shocks and they were the linchpins. Who else has been on teams with as much post season success or as successful a single season?

Originally posted by Singeril View Post
                      Not sure how long it is going to take (anybody know?) but RB and FVV’s numbers will be going to the rafters at some point—-hopefully, it won’t be too many years. The question is....should Landry’s? Yes, he is an NBA First Round Pick!!!! But, does that “automatically” get his number hanging?
                      Landry - no. What was his great accomplishments that would warrant it?

Comment

Fred, Ron, and Cle were all All-Americans. I’d be surprised if they don’t all make the rafters. Perhaps if we win 2 or 3 NCAA titles the bar will be set higher, but if not, then they are in.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• AndShock
                          AndShock commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Landry was a 3rd team USA Today All-American

• ShockerFever
                          ShockerFever commented
                          Editing a comment
                          wufan's game is starting to slip.

The only way Landry gets immortalized is if he becomes an NBA all-star and it makes PR sense to embellish his history at WSU. I personally love the kid but his mark seems small and short compared to Fred and Ron's 9+ years...

T

Comment

• pinstripers
                          pinstripers commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I suppose in that case, maybe. Otherwise, certainly not.
                      Working...
                      X