No announcement yet.

2018 Summer Scouting Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I just say, it's so awesome that the Shocker beat reporter gives us Intel on SN. Thanks Taylor!
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Here's a new pic to provide hours of speculation on various heights and attitudes based on poses

Comment

• Downtown Shocker Brown
        Downtown Shocker Brown commented
        Editing a comment
        So if the girl in front is 6’, and Chance is 8’3, that makes GodBear what, 9’?

• MJ23
        MJ23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Girl in front was 5' 2" at best

Teddy flashing the Shocker in its functional position. Bad Teddy!

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Slykryck
        Slykryck commented
        Editing a comment
        When did this distinction between “the shocker” and the “WSU W” start. It was all the shocker when I was in school.

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        https://i.pinimg.com/736x/72/71/ee/7...iversity-d.jpg

This is the correct Shocker "W" flash.

While he hasn't pinned his ring finger with his thumb, the angle he is holding his hand at is in anatomical alignment for the application purposes of the Urban Dictionary version of the shocker.

I know what's in your mind Teddy... BAD!!!

T

Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; June 26, 2018, 10:06 AM.

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        http://i65.tinypic.com/oizon7.jpg

The naughty angle (no thumb close).

T

My take: Rod and Jamarius are laughing because Chance just said "Ima get up on my tiptoes to freak out those Shockernet dudes trying to figure out my height from photos."
      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Erik is...……….6'2"?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          Erik is...……….6'2"?
          Obviously from that pic he is 6-2, same as DD. Meanwhile, JB is now 6-6.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by tayloreldridge View Post
            I've heard Teddy Allen is the real deal in pick-up ball. He's a dog and the most competitive on the team. Very unlikely he's eligible for this season, but he could be team's best player in 2019-20.
            Stevenson lives in the gym and will provide some much-needed shooting for this team. He looks more in the 6'3" range to me, but he's got some nice hops too.
            A lot of people are really high on Dexter Dennis. Dude is a freak athlete with legitimate skills, I've been told. Shot is still a work in progress, though.
            And I saw where someone said Rod did nothing but lift his redshirt year. Very accurate. Standing next to him at the beginning of last season and in June of this year was incredible. The guy is jacked and he looks ready to play some 4 if WSU needs it.

Still waiting on Ricky Torres and Isaiah Chandler to arrive, but everyone else is here.
            Even if Allen is not eligible this year, he has incredibly legit D1 experience and can give lots of experience on defending drives to the hoop in practice. He's nearly elite at getting to the basket.

Last year we didn't have anyone with the penetration skills to give our D a chance to really work on defending driving wings. That won't be a problem this year.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Random thought...I assume it has probably happened before...but has any other AAC school had two recent transfers from the Big-12 like we have?
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                C0|dB|00ded commented
                Editing a comment
                Who is the 2nd Big12 transfer? I apologize.

T

• ShockerPhi
                ShockerPhi commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe referring to Connor?

• C0|dB|00ded
                C0|dB|00ded commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh yeah, them. They don't exist in my consciousness so I'm vulnerable to experiencing history gaps where our paths cross... save for every second of the game in Omaha.

T

Shockers I'm currently looking forward to most, in order:

Erik Stevenson
              Ricky Torres
              Teddy Allen
              Dexter Dennis

Not that I'm not looking forward to the rest of the new guys, but these 4 have me giddy about the upcoming season and beyond. Would love for Teddy to be eligible this year, but I'm not expecting it.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                C0|dB|00ded commented
                Editing a comment
                If Teddy becomes eligible immediately I will be revising my AAC predictions upward. If they didn't have an answer for him in the Big12, they won't in the AAC either. It appears the only thing that can stop Teddy from becoming a future Shocker star is Teddy himself.

T

Is he the Shockers' next great dunker?

BY TAYLOR ELDRIDGE

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...213824259.html

Not only did Dennis establish himself as the favorite for the dunk contest at Shocker Madness later this fall, but Dennis gave a glimpse of the type of athleticism that has Gregg Marshall envisioning him as a future NBA player.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 26, 2018, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Yes...was referring to Conner recently and now Teddy.
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

#3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

#2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...213901814.html

This is an update on Rod Brown. He appears ready to be a real force with his size, versatility, and his realization that he will play for Marshall if he plays defense and rebounds. 6'6 and 225 sounds like a strong man.

Comment

• BOBB
                  BOBB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I stopped reading after Zach Brown was referred to as a "defensive stopper."

• Shockm
                  Shockm commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Are you sure that Marshall places more emphasis on the two posts or is that the writer of the article saying that? Obviously, they all compete for who is the best players to play together, and HCGM is going to spout the party line that all positions are totally open so competition is paramount. But I think there is more of a chance that both Markis and Rod will be the starters at the 3 and 4 than Udeze and Poor Bear at the 4. If Teddy is available, he will play the 3 and 4 too most likely.

Last spring, Marshall, during interviews, alluded to wanting to find players who could guard all positions so that they could switch and not have to fight through screens more often. I don't think that Udeze and Poor Bear are going to be able to guard the guard positions effectively.

Just my take, but we may want to ask Taylor Eldridge to clarify he comments more in light of Gregg's comments last spring. Are you reading this Taylor?

• WSUwatcher
                  WSUwatcher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Silly BOBB -- Zach Brown was regarded in some respectable quarters as one of the best defensive players in the country going into last season. Unfortunately, his bad wheel greatly limited his effectiveness, as bad wheels tend to do with basketball players. But there was a time when he definitely was a defensive stopper, and that's one of the aspects of his game that the new guys will do well to emulate.

"He'll compete for playing time on the wing with Markis McDuffie and Dexter Dennis, while also being able to spell Morris Udeze and Isaiah Poor Bear Chandler at power forward if needed."

Comment

• Aargh
                  Aargh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I noticed that too. Looks like the Shocker fans who don't like having two posts on the floor at the same time will be in for a long season.

Really like his work ethic and attitude. Can't wait to see him put all it altogether on the court.

But I thought we only have 4 returning scholarship players for this upcoming season. Taylor said 1 of 5. Am I missing someone???

SJ
                McD
                AM
                Rod Brown
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

#3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

#2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

"He'll compete for playing time on the wing with Markis McDuffie and Dexter Dennis, while also being able to spell Morris Udeze and Isaiah Poor Bear Chandler at power forward if needed."

I also noticed that. I don’t mind 2 posts on the floor, but I’m doubtful that’s what happens. My prediction is standing strong that McDuffie and Brown will get the majority of their minutes at the 4.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                  X