No announcement yet.

Teddy Allen - Man or Boy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is about the time I wait for an encrypted post from WuDrWu.

Comment

• Veritas
      Veritas commented
      Editing a comment
      He can always be counted on for ambiguity. That’s a given.

• WuDrWu
      WuDrWu commented
      Editing a comment
      I annoyed many with my last comment here, I will do no more.

• Kung Wu
      Kung Wu commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely didn't annoy. Letting us know that we were going to hear an answer that day was pretty darn cool -- even if we didn't like the answer.

• :ranting2: :banghead:

Comment

• Steeleshocker
      Steeleshocker commented
      Editing a comment
      It is a small thing, but being allowed to travel will be beneficial. That will allow him to be more connected to the team. Side benefits are being in every huddle and listening to the coaches as they make adjustments.

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

:ranting2: :banghead:
    I would love for someone to take them to court. ZERO reason why some of the others should get approved if this got denied.

Comment

• Cancun next year might be interesting.

Comment

• Shockadelica
        Shockadelica commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh please, plllleeeassse, let that matchup happen!

• Damn

Comment

• No surprise here. The NCAA will never give WSU a break. Unfortunately, our young man has to get the brunt of that.

Comment

• This year we will have to bubble our way to the big dance... Next year we will again be the hunted and have a higher odds then this year of making the big dance

Comment

• KU's still cool though, right?

Effing NCAA...

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              KU's still cool though, right?

Effing NCAA...
              The bubbles have nothing ZERO to worry about EVER! Protected for life. Cheating is the law in NCAA land.
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• "Shockers' Teddy Allen has appeal denied by NCAA, can't play this season" - ESPN

Dec 7, 2018
                Associated Press

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...aa-play-season

"WICHITA, Kan. -- The NCAA on Friday denied an appeal by Wichita State's Teddy Allen to play immediately after transferring from West Virginia, forcing the sophomore guard to sit out a redshirt season.

Allen appealed to the subcommittee for legislative relief, arguing that the transfer was so that he could be closer to his support system in Boys Town, Nebraska. The small village near Omaha provides care, treatment and education to at-risk children with behavioral, emotional and academic issues.

Allen arrived at Boys Town when he was 17 and blossomed into a star basketball player. He signed with West Virginia, where he averaged seven points in 12 minutes per game last season as a freshman.

The decision by the NCAA means Allen will be able to practice and travel with the Shockers, who are off to a 4-3 start, but he cannot play in games until next season."

Comment

• Wow. A little "old school" teaching message moment (year) from the NCAA. Thought they were leaning a little more liberal these days. Oh wait...maybe they favor "capitalism" (Addias, North Carolina, etc). I'm so confused...
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Maybe it's been said previously and I've missed it (admittedly didn't read the entire thread), did the NCAA ever give a reason for this or just say, "nah"? This sounds like a case of me just telling my kid "no" before I even hear the question.
                    Kid: Hey dad, can I...
                    Me: No.
                    Kid: But you didn't even hear...

Comment

• It is interesting that the NCAA will let kids, who they have evidence of their coaches paying to come play for them, play all season and not see any ramification until after the final four, but a kid who wants to better himself and finds basketball to be one way to do that isn't allowed to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                        It is interesting that the NCAA will let kids, who they have evidence of their coaches paying to come play for them, play all season and not see any ramification until after the final four, but a kid who wants to better himself and finds basketball to be one way to do that isn't allowed to play.
                        It's not that interesting at all. It's business. Business as usual. And someone remarked that suit should be filed against the NCAA for this, and they're probably correct. It's my understanding lawsuits are filed against the NCAA pretty regularly. There are over 100 lawsuits pending against the NCAA just by football players for CTE.

What are the terms the NCAA uses to describe deviant programs...."lack of institutional control" or something to that effect? I think that pretty much sums up the NCAA - they're out of control. And if they're spinning out of control, how can they possibly regulate what happens at Universities all over the country on a daily basis? They have no control and no understanding of the potential fallout from all of these incidents. How many schools and shoe companies are involved in the "pay for play?" 50? 100? 200? What school hasn't had their name drug through the mud in the last couple of years? Anyone want to talk Michigan State? How about Baylor? North Carolina? KU? Maryland? Penn State? USC? At some point, small percentages of the fan base will stop caring, and the money will slowly start to trickle away. And when fans stop caring and move on, happily accepting a new form of entertainment to replace what was lost, how in the hell do you stand a chance of ever replacing it? To be completely honest, even I have begun to start losing interest in NCAA sports to a certain degree.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
                        Maybe it's been said previously and I've missed it (admittedly didn't read the entire thread), did the NCAA ever give a reason for this or just say, "nah"? This sounds like a case of me just telling my kid "no" before I even hear the question.
                        Kid: Hey dad, can I...
                        Kid: But you didn't even hear...
                        By policy, the NCAA does not give reasons for or against. So, yes, it's thumbs up or down only.

Comment

Working...
                        X