Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shock Top
    replied
    I looked for Teddy to be WSU’s Cumberlin.

Not amazingly athletic, but a guy who is a real pain in the ass to defend, can score at will, and also has some swag.

Just work on that 3-point shot Teddy!

Leave a comment:

• SHOXAAC
    replied
    Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that Huggins blocked Teddy transferring or made the waiver harder than it should have been? Is any of this true? The only reason I rehash this is because a WV fan was saying Huggins didn't stop/block him at all.
    And this "Fan" has a bat phone to Huggies strategies concerning transfer's.

Leave a comment:

• mjbaker84
    replied
    I thought I read somewhere that Huggins blocked Teddy transferring or made the waiver harder than it should have been? Is any of this true? The only reason I rehash this is because a WV fan was saying Huggins didn't stop/block him at all.

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    commented on 's reply
    Quality sports writers need to get more involved in calling out the NCAA's shenanigans. I know there were some who completely believed TA should get a waiver and none, to my knowledge, that thought he should not. However, when there are great discrepancies in who does and who does not, based on reasons for the waiver, they need to be publicized. I know the NCAA does not comment on their decisions in these matters, but put in their court to bad, or corrupt, to the public.

• WSUwatcher
    replied
    As I watch some of the movement in college football (the latest example being Justin Fields's waiver to platy immediately at Ohio State after leaving Georgia), it becomes more and more obvious what an arbitrary sham the decision was to deny Teddy Allen a waiver this year.

I once knew a guy who liked to refer to the Chickenhawks as the Forces of Evil, and I can't dispute that -- but the real FOE is the clowns at NCAA headquarters. A pox on them and their corrupt organization (and on Bob Huggins and West Virginia too, just for good measure, regardless of how much impact they had on the miscarriage of justice here). It may not be on quite the scale of what the NFL refs did to the Saints (although the Saints were certainly contributors to their own demise too), but there's no question this season would have a different look and feel with (at least) two or three more wins.

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
    Maybe it's been said previously and I've missed it (admittedly didn't read the entire thread), did the NCAA ever give a reason for this or just say, "nah"? This sounds like a case of me just telling my kid "no" before I even hear the question.
    Kid: Hey dad, can I...
    Me: No.
    Kid: But you didn't even hear...
    By policy, the NCAA does not give reasons for or against. So, yes, it's thumbs up or down only.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    commented on 's reply
    I'm feeling the same way; if the Shockers or an AAC team aren't playing, I don't care to watch. I haven't watched an entire NCAA football game in several years.

Last edited by WstateU; December 10, 2018, 11:33 AM.

• JVShocker
    replied
    Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
    It is interesting that the NCAA will let kids, who they have evidence of their coaches paying to come play for them, play all season and not see any ramification until after the final four, but a kid who wants to better himself and finds basketball to be one way to do that isn't allowed to play.
    It's not that interesting at all. It's business. Business as usual. And someone remarked that suit should be filed against the NCAA for this, and they're probably correct. It's my understanding lawsuits are filed against the NCAA pretty regularly. There are over 100 lawsuits pending against the NCAA just by football players for CTE.

What are the terms the NCAA uses to describe deviant programs...."lack of institutional control" or something to that effect? I think that pretty much sums up the NCAA - they're out of control. And if they're spinning out of control, how can they possibly regulate what happens at Universities all over the country on a daily basis? They have no control and no understanding of the potential fallout from all of these incidents. How many schools and shoe companies are involved in the "pay for play?" 50? 100? 200? What school hasn't had their name drug through the mud in the last couple of years? Anyone want to talk Michigan State? How about Baylor? North Carolina? KU? Maryland? Penn State? USC? At some point, small percentages of the fan base will stop caring, and the money will slowly start to trickle away. And when fans stop caring and move on, happily accepting a new form of entertainment to replace what was lost, how in the hell do you stand a chance of ever replacing it? To be completely honest, even I have begun to start losing interest in NCAA sports to a certain degree.

Leave a comment:

• shocker43
    replied
    It is interesting that the NCAA will let kids, who they have evidence of their coaches paying to come play for them, play all season and not see any ramification until after the final four, but a kid who wants to better himself and finds basketball to be one way to do that isn't allowed to play.

Leave a comment:

• GreatWhiteBuffalo
    replied
    Maybe it's been said previously and I've missed it (admittedly didn't read the entire thread), did the NCAA ever give a reason for this or just say, "nah"? This sounds like a case of me just telling my kid "no" before I even hear the question.
    Kid: Hey dad, can I...
    Kid: But you didn't even hear...

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    commented on 's reply
    Definitely didn't annoy. Letting us know that we were going to hear an answer that day was pretty darn cool -- even if we didn't like the answer.

• AZ Shocker
    replied
    Wow. A little "old school" teaching message moment (year) from the NCAA. Thought they were leaning a little more liberal these days. Oh wait...maybe they favor "capitalism" (Addias, North Carolina, etc). I'm so confused...

Leave a comment:

• WuShock Reaper
    replied
    "Shockers' Teddy Allen has appeal denied by NCAA, can't play this season" - ESPN

Dec 7, 2018
    Associated Press

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...aa-play-season

"WICHITA, Kan. -- The NCAA on Friday denied an appeal by Wichita State's Teddy Allen to play immediately after transferring from West Virginia, forcing the sophomore guard to sit out a redshirt season.

Allen appealed to the subcommittee for legislative relief, arguing that the transfer was so that he could be closer to his support system in Boys Town, Nebraska. The small village near Omaha provides care, treatment and education to at-risk children with behavioral, emotional and academic issues.

Allen arrived at Boys Town when he was 17 and blossomed into a star basketball player. He signed with West Virginia, where he averaged seven points in 12 minutes per game last season as a freshman.

The decision by the NCAA means Allen will be able to practice and travel with the Shockers, who are off to a 4-3 start, but he cannot play in games until next season."

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    commented on 's reply
    I annoyed many with my last comment here, I will do no more.

• AZ Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    KU's still cool though, right?

Effing NCAA...
    The bubbles have nothing ZERO to worry about EVER! Protected for life. Cheating is the law in NCAA land.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X