No announcement yet.

New Assistant Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn’t @coachingchanges just an open parody account? Seems to give off an Onion vibe.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      Isn’t @coachingchanges just an open parody account? Seems to give off an Onion vibe.
      Pretty accurate just snarky

Comment

• ArtVandalay
        ArtVandalay commented
        Editing a comment
        As noted earlier in this thread, this Twitter account has already had sources indicate Steve DeMeo was going to East Carolina before saying he was coming here to Wichita State. Now, it's saying we are getting this guy. The account just says a lot and hopes some of it proves true.

I'm sure we will know soon enough

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
        The latest rumor is Tyson Waterman. Head coach at Believe Academy in Tennessee. This is the same guy who played a year or two for Marshall at Wintrhop.

He had an interesting run-in with NCAA as an assistant at Southeast Louisiana: https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...investigation/

Sounds creepy. Didn't he deliver Dexter Dennis here?

Comment

If we get another prep guy I’m just gonna assume Marshall thinks having a prep guy on staff is required in the current recruiting climate.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
              If we get another prep guy I’m just gonna assume Marshall thinks having a prep guy on staff is required in the current recruiting climate.
              Would it be considered playing in the Slop if we hired a guy whose 5-star son will be graduating from HS next year? Because I'm all for that route. Pick the dad with the tallest son...

T

...:cool:

Comment

Liking the Prep School Coach connection idea. Wondering if there are existing players that might be recruit possibilities for next Season? If not, Tyson would be sure to have many connections in the basketball world to bring to the Shocker dance for future Big Dancing opportunities. His speaks on his site in volumes about the importance of hard work which will blend and mesh right into the Marshall Law Program.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Dexter Dennis played for Waterman, perhaps there is more where that came from.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    Pretty accurate just snarky
                    Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                    Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                    Liking the Prep School Coach connection idea. Wondering if there are existing players that might be recruit possibilities for next Season? If not, Tyson would be sure to have many connections in the basketball world to bring to the Shocker dance for future Big Dancing opportunities. His speaks on his site in volumes about the importance of hard work which will blend and mesh right into the Marshall Law Program.
                    Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    Dexter Dennis played for Waterman, perhaps there is more where that came from.

CBS Sports Article. Understand the connection to Marshall, what he meant to Winthrop as a player, and the "In Marshall We Trust" concept, but are none of you are a little concerned with the article @shocks2 posted if the rumor is true? It wasn't about just one player (including all being academically ineligible), it wasn't about just one school, plus his refusal to work with the NCAA.

Call me a little surprised if true.

Comment

• Dan
                      Dan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I would be concerned if we had a coach that wasn't smart enough to vet these issues, but I don't think that about Marshall. He will get to the bottom of any concerns and make a smart decision on his findings (and I doubt he announces those findings to us worry warts). To date, he has not proven himself to be a reckless decision maker.

I like this hire if it happens!
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Does anyone else feel (like I do) that WSU under Marshall could have made a counter offer to Kyle Lindsted to keep him if the Sunrise connection was working out as the great recruiting factory it has been given credit for in regards to WSU? Marshall has no responsibility to go find the new funds, but I give him credit for making good calls on these matters involving his program.

Comment

• Aargh
                        Aargh commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I don't think WSU could have kept Linsted. It's hard to just double an assistant coach's salary. It would have affected the salaries of all the other assistants as well.

I'm not convinced there is a great Sunrise connection. In my memory, Nurger is the only guy we've actually gotten from Sunrise. We've parked a couple guys there either because we didn't have a scholarship available, or because those players could benefit from a prep year before coming to WSU. Chandler, Moore, and Brown were all recruits who committed to WSU, and then took a year at Sunrise.

In that situation, it's Sunrise that has a great WSU connection

• AndShock
                        AndShock commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Heiar also left due to money.

• shock
                        shock commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not true. He left because of the Jans situation.

I don’t mind assistants moving to a better position. Marshall is producing quality head coaches like Andy Reid. Its very rare for a coach under Marshall to make a lateral move.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I'm totally fine with our current recruiting lines , whether they're through our asst. coaches or the HCGM. What Shocker basketball needs out of an asst. is the ability to develop players and game plan. Chris Jans was the best at doing that, and what has resulted is stagnant development and play. Lindsted and Heir were fairly adequate at doin that but we are really depleted at certain coaching talents.

Comment

Agree with many of your thoughts about this matter. All assistants would have to benefit from a raise in pay or it would not make sense. There are always discrepencies based on coachiing postioning order and experience. I do feel that this team suffered from losing Hier and Jans in the same year. Should be much better next year as Donnie Jones should be comfortable this season as well as the new assistant. The rest of the staff has been on board for years.
                          Last edited by homegrownshocker; May 16, 2018, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X