Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
    We'll be fine. It's a business.
    Yes it is. Although I don't know that just because it is a business insures success.

Comment

Perhaps our new assistant coach will bring a player with him?

Comment

Maybe we there is a 5 star player who’s pops needs a job. That’s how Missouri got Kevin Porter Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          Perhaps our new assistant coach will bring a player with him?
          Doubt it. Andres Feliz is already signed at Illinois.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by ARShocker View Post
            Lindsted was the lead on 80% of the recruits since he came in. Literally one of the best recruiters in the country. This is a huge loss for Wichita. One of the best guys and most respected coaches in the game.

Life will move on without him. But this is a big loss. Don't drink the Kool aid.

Linsted was not "the lead on 80% of the recruits" and the coach that is "one of the best recruiter in the country" is still here named GM. I certainly am done drinking your Kool aid.

Comment

3G is the closer, he’s not out there doing the dirty work. Don’t underestimate how important our assistant coaches are in recruiting. We lost recruits when some of our other assistants left.

Comment

Originally posted by ARShocker View Post
                Lindsted was the lead on 80% of the recruits since he came in. Literally one of the best recruiters in the country. This is a huge loss for Wichita. One of the best guys and most respected coaches in the game.

Life will move on without him. But this is a big loss. Don't drink the Kool aid.
                He may have been a valuable recruiter, but you lost credibility with "most respected coaches in the game."
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Linsted was not "the lead on 80% of the recruits" and the coach that is "one of the best recruiter in the country" is still here named GM. I certainly am done drinking your Kool aid.

Agreed, would have had a recruit or 2 " bail " by now if that was true.

Comment

Whether Lindsted is one of the best coaches in the game is clearly debatable, but I believe ARShocker has been in a better position than any of us here to know how significant his recruiting role on the staff was. The 80% number doesn't surprise me in the least, and it shouldn't surprise anyone else. When Kyle was hired, we all knew it was primarily for his recruiting acumen.

It might be a big loss, or an opportunity to bring another great recruiter into the program. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      ...When Kyle was hired, we all knew it was primarily for his recruiting acumen.

It might be a big loss, or an opportunity to bring another great recruiter into the program. Time will tell.
                      Exactly, Royal. When one door closes, another opens, and 3G has shown that he's a pretty good judge of coaches as well as of players. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

Kyle Lindsted was given the break of a lifetime when he was hired at Wichita State. There wasn't another National Power on the planet who would have offered him a job stapling papers. His contributions to the staff did not change the trajectory of our recruiting one iota and may have actually hurt us during games. Wichita State's position in the upper echelon of college basketball programs is safe and will continue unabated until Gregg Marshall retires.

You can etch that ^^^ mother rucker in stone if you like...

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Sam Axe
                          Sam Axe commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I heard that.

It seems to me that we had some pretty good players/recruits before KL and I anticipate having some pretty good players in the future. There have to be a tone of very good recruiter/teacher/strategists out there in the mid-major and Juco head coach/assistant levels.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I definitely hope he's replaced by an Xs and Os guy. That was certainly missing last year. Gregg is an awesome coach, but even he needs an extra mind or two.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                            C0|dB|00ded commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Gregg is a salesman - a motivator, not an analyst/strategist. He absolutely must be surrounded by X's and O's guys...

T

I have a feeling Teddy "Buckets" was a final recruiting gift from Coach Kyle. I would imagine he has connections from Sunrise years at Boys Town.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                            C0|dB|00ded commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I'd love to get that confirmed - that way we have someone to blame this on if it all goes tits up.

T

Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
                          I have a feeling Teddy "Buckets" was a final recruiting gift from Coach Kyle. I would imagine he has connections from Sunrise years at Boys Town.
                          I guess I don’t follow. The mission of Boys Town and Sunrise are quite disparate from one another. Sunrise prep team recruits at a facility for troubled youth?

Comment

• Windiwu
                            Windiwu commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I guess you never saw the stories about where he recruited Buddy Hield from and Buddy's circumstances. Sunrise Hoops is not necessarily run as a great money making operation but it is a Christian Mission. If they are going to go as far as the Bahamas to recruit players, they would also surely look as close as Omaha for boys with talent needing Christian guidance and assistance.

• SHOCKvalue
                            SHOCKvalue commented
                            Editing a comment
                            All I was asking for was what is the specific connection KL might have had. Whatever you were inferring specifically.

The Sunrise model doesn’t have a lot to do with a troubled youth facility hundreds of miles to the north. I’m sure Sunrise has their share of projects, but it is not as if they are a military boarding school.

Sunrise is somewhere between a for-profit enterprise and a Christian mission. At the family reunion of Christian schools, Sunrise is sort of like Cousin Eddie, who when not recruiting everyone to be his Essential Oil downline, tells everyone about the moon landing conspiracy. They’re.... different.
                        Working...
                        X