X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There only needs to be one constant... Gregg Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
      I personally don’t see this as a huge loss. Unless there is bad blood it shouldn’t hurt the Sunrise connection. They are in the same city after all. I’m guessing Kyle isn’t the only connection.
      Anyone who thinks that the Sunrise Connection will just go on without interruption hasn’t been paying attention. Lindsted was the lead on Udeze, Chance, Poor Bear, and Mittgardt. He started the Sunrise program and was all over Texas, Kansas, and Nebraska. Look. I’m not saying that there is a damaged relationship (I just don’t know and no one so far does) but it won’t be the way it was. Like I said Shoxlax has the Sunrise Connections and if anyone knows what’s going on he does. But everyone here thinks they know more. LOL

Comment

• Dan
        Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        I share your concern. Kyle was a good recruiter. Someone mentioned he was “assigned” certain guys, but I hardly think it works that way. Our asst coaches use their own connections and energy to look under every rock and they are the ones to bring the recruits to 3G for final evaluation. I have no idea about the other aspects of Kyle’s performance but the guy can recruit.

• Shockm
        Shockm commented
        Editing a comment
        I left off that Linsted was the main recruiter on Torres and had connections with his coach.

• Topshock
        Topshock commented
        Editing a comment
        A lot of people in Wichita had "connections with his coach". He is from Wichita and his wife played basketball at WSU.

Lindsted was the lead on 80% of the recruits since he came in. Literally one of the best recruiters in the country. This is a huge loss for Wichita. One of the best guys and most respected coaches in the game.

Life will move on without him. But this is a big loss. Don't drink the Kool aid.

Comment

• Shockm
        Shockm commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t know his pay but he was hired as a lower paid assistant. If his pay increased or doubled, it may be worth a risk. With the right recruits a team can change quickly.

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        "Most respected coaches in the game" Wtf lol?

I always thought of Lindsted as the guy who wiped off the white board after time-outs. No disrespect.

T

...:cool:

• Shockm
        Shockm commented
        Editing a comment
        From my experience, Sunrise staff and other supporters who house basketball players are a close community who know each other well and consider what they do (building men through basketball) a "mission" as a Christian. That's why most of SCA players have such good values and are good kids. Sunrise Christian Academy and it's special community, has been an important part of our recruiting strategy. I would hope that this would continue with someone in charge of relationship building in the future. Anyone who doesn't understand how important this is to WSU is just not serious. Linsted and his family ARE Sunrise Christian Academy. We will continue relationships and build up new ones (I would predict), but whoever, it is won't have the same status as KL did when walking the halls.

Originally posted by Aargh
      Last time he was an assistant at the D1 level, things did not go well.
      Could you explain what happened? I don’t know his full history I just know he seems to be an excellent recruiter and a coach who gets the job done.

Comment

• shock
        shock commented
        Editing a comment
        Nm. Aargh expained it better

Originally posted by 1989 View Post

Could you explain what happened? I don’t know his full history I just know he seems to be an excellent recruiter and a coach who gets the job done.
      I believe he was at UMKC as they got worse.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Dan
        Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        This comment is with regard to Steve Eck.

This probably won’t happen, but Steve Eck deserves a look.

Not that its old, I think Steve is like 63-64, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

• Shockm
        Shockm commented
        Editing a comment
        Somebody has to be trolling trying to have fun. :)

It was the 1999-2000 season, so the memory is murky, and there isn't a lot still available, but...

It appeared that Eck wanted to be the head coach, so he is thought to have sabotaged the head coach and got him fired. Bob Sunvold, the fired head coach, believes it was Eck that got him fired. The whole situation got ugly, and UMKC got more press from the mess that some thought Eck created, than they had gotten in their entire history as a basketball program.

Eck was not fired when Sunvold was fired, but in the aftermath, Eck was fired.

Eck does not appear to be a good subordinate.

I believe in the entire history of Eck as a JuCo coach , only SHJ has ever come to WSU from an Eck-coached JuCo. There is an appearance that Eck steers players away from WSU because he thought he should have been hired by WSU. He seems to be kind of a hateful guy.

For further reading, you might want to check out this thread from 2011

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• shock
        shock commented
        Editing a comment
        I forgot he logged on here a few times.

Originally posted by ARShocker View Post
      Life will move on without him. But this is a big loss. Don't drink the Kool aid.
      What does this mean?

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe ask his dad, Kyle...

T

...:cool:

I suspect this has more to do with a better opportunity for Kyle than anything. It's no secret that WSU ACs don't get paid big bucks. That was clear when Heiar left. Kyle was what, third chair on the bench? With the addition of Donnie Jones, and I think many of us are still not sure of his real impact on the program yet, and the tenure of Isaac Brown, it might be that he wasn't going to step up to get the coveted AHC position that probably comes with a significant pay raise. I wouldn't be surpised to learn that Kyle doubles his pay by taking the job in Minnesota, if not within the first day, certainly within a couple of years.

Congratulations to Coach Linstead and best of luck to him. I agree with others, he was a mad recruiter and had a knack for finding some upright student athletes to boot.

Comment

Kyle might have been a good recruiter and might have had the Sunrise connection, but it's not like the Shox were getting every good player coming out of Sunrise. The truth is the top notch kids were always going elsewhere. I think this is a matter of Marshall realizing he needs a top notch X's and O's assistant. We already have several great recruiters. What we lacked was someone other than maybe Donnie who could put together a top notch scout on our opponents. It was obvious in watching several games. I trust in Marshall.

Comment

I have to put myself in the same camp as Bluzrover. Most the time when assistants leave it is for better money or a promotion to a higher responsibility position. No need IMO to read any more into it then that.

Comment

• Shockm
          Shockm commented
          Editing a comment
          You’re using logic. Many act on drama and emotion.

• SHOCKvalue
          SHOCKvalue commented
          Editing a comment
          13th

111th

#EMOTION

I am trying to remember (without actually looking it up). Wasn’t Richard Pitino present at the Italian restaurant, while Rick was engaging in unseemly acts with a woman not his wife? That probably made Mom a little icy at Thanksgiving. Hopefully Pitino 2.0 has a better set of principles.

Comment

• Shockm
          Shockm commented
          Editing a comment
          That sounds even more unseemly than what I had thought and I thought it was really bad. I think you are wrong.

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
        I am trying to remember (without actually looking it up). Wasn’t Richard Pitino present at the Italian restaurant, while Rick was engaging in unseemly acts with a woman not his wife? That probably made Mom a little icy at Thanksgiving. Hopefully Pitino 2.0 has a better set of principles.
        No

Comment

"Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

I am trying to remember (without actually looking it up). Wasn’t Richard Pitino present at the Italian restaurant, while Rick was engaging in unseemly acts with a woman not his wife? That probably made Mom a little icy at Thanksgiving. Hopefully Pitino 2.0 has a better set of principles."

Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post

No
          No or No?

Happy-Monday-No-Such-Thing-600x579.jpg
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

We'll be fine. It's a business.
            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Working...
            X