AMA about Wichita State Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taylor,

I heard, you used to be really good at throwing pine cones...
    Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

• tayloreldridge
      tayloreldridge commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol I had that completely erased from my memory.

Taylor, will Evan Wessal be giving up his scholarship this season so WSU can bring in an extra player?!?!
    The Assman

Comment

• tayloreldridge
      tayloreldridge commented
      Editing a comment
      Negative. His lifetime scholarship is still in effect.

Do you have any new info on Keyshawn Bryant 2018 or Dimon Carrigan 2019 recruiting?

Comment

• tayloreldridge
      tayloreldridge commented
      Editing a comment
      Haven't heard anything on Bryant in a really long time, so I'm guessing WSU isn't active on him anymore. And WSU isn't in on Carrigan at all.

• GreatWhiteBuffalo
      GreatWhiteBuffalo commented
      Editing a comment
      Not in on Carrigan? Ugh. That's disappointing...

Originally posted by WuShocker2006 View Post
    Do you have any new info on Keyshawn Bryant 2018 or Dimon Carrigan 2019 recruiting?
    His response regarding Bryant from earlier today...

No word on Carrigan

Comment

Comment

Can't confirm anything yet because it's not official. But that's what is looking likely.

Comment

Originally posted by tayloreldridge View Post
          Can't confirm anything yet because it's not official. But that's what is looking likely.
          Taylor, anything out on who is being considered to replace Kyle on Marshall’s staff?

Comment

• tayloreldridge
            tayloreldridge commented
            Editing a comment
            Haven't heard any names yet in the rumor mill.

Who is the front runner to get the last scholarship?

Comment

• tayloreldridge
            tayloreldridge commented
            Editing a comment
            What Shock Top said. Amin has been top target, over Ndiaye, over Arop this whole time, in my opinion.

• Shock Top
            Shock Top commented
            Editing a comment
            Happy to help :)

• WSUwatcher
            WSUwatcher commented
            Editing a comment
            You da man, ST -- in the future, if we don't hear back from Taylor quickly enough on a given question, we'll turn to you. Keep that keyboard handy.

Because we have enough freshmen I bet

Comment

OK, so Taylor says he thinks that the grad-transfer was our top target. Does this mean that we told the other two kids, "we'll get you a skollie if Amin says no?"..........and they went elsewhere?

Comment

• Aargh
              Aargh commented
              Editing a comment
              I think that is entirely likely.

Well, pin, San Diego vs. Wichita may also have been a factor for a guy from Africa who's endured time in tropical Nebraska...

Comment

Any talks at all in regards to WSU football in AD office or is it dead and buried again? I realize it was a means to end so we could upgrade conferences but figured I would ask. If it's not completely off the table, how about an article this fall on what life would be like playing AAC football.

I realize this topic isn't popular with the basketball purist on here, but thanks.
              Last edited by Shockerman; May 8, 2018, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                C0|dB|00ded commented
                Editing a comment
                Great idea! Let's keep the topic in the forefront by having an article from time to time. My experience with AAC fans during the past year was strong support for WSU bringing back football. Many intimated that they would love to have Wichita State eventually play in the American. Regardless of the likelihood of that ever being feasible, it was heartwarming and invoked visions of WSU being taken seriously as a national university... something that remains difficult without the country's most popular sport.

T

...:cool:

Will you have enough time to write an article on Teddy Allen before he leaves?

Comment

• choida
                choida commented
                Editing a comment
                Touche'

Taylor, how many days is it until the basketball season starts? Taylor, any word on how to make the season get here quicker? Last question....Taylor what do with myself until basketball season starts in over half a year from now?

Comment

• tayloreldridge
                tayloreldridge commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, I would tell you that you could always watch last year's games but next year's team is going to be so much different. Even McDuffie won't look the same as he did last season. Expectations are for McDuffie to return and be the player WSU thought he was going to be before the injury, so I think there are big things in store for Markis his senior year. I know that's not much help, but you can definitely pay attention to WSU softball and baseball as both could make NCAA Regionals (softball already did). Don't worry, November is right around the corner.

Any updates on what the changes to UA entail?

I know new unis won’t be out for awhile, but are they getting any new special clothing/equipment/perks for being a UA school?
              The Assman

Comment

• shock
                shock commented
                Editing a comment
                A brand new FBI agent.

• tayloreldridge
                tayloreldridge commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll have to get back to you on this one. I'll talk to someone in the athletic department and see what the major changes are. Good Q.
            Working...
            X