Chadrack Lufile's Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chadrack Lufile's Mom

Figured this deserved a topic. Lufile's mom is undergoing cancer treatments which has put a lot of pressure on him to help her out. He was recently looking to sell his final four ring but instead some fans offered to donate and let him keep that. They have set up a GoFundMe page if you feel like donating. He's apparently put a pause on basketball to work full time at a factory to take care of her.

Chipped in my little bit to help Chadrack and is Mother in a small way.

Comment

Anyone know of a good job they can set him up with here? Maybe people can help setup a nice living situation for them?

Let’s show him what Shocker Nation is all about!
      The Assman

Comment

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Since she is covered under the Canadian National Health Insurance system she is probably better off staying in Canada.

Can we get all of ShockerNet to contribute $20.13?

Comment

Glad I saw this before posting it, since I didn't know if it was on here or not. I helped out C.J. set this GoFundMe up and Connie Severe is a really close friend of his from his time here as a shocker student athlete and is the beneficiary since his banking account information is in Canada. Connie will be sending the money to him via PayPal. If we get every shocker fan to donate just a couple of dollars we'd help him out big time. He's willing to let go of his Final 4 ring to help his mother! Lets not let that happen and help out a fellow shocker and friend! C.J. is a great dude! We weren't getting very far posting on my facebook page and other places but once Taylor Eldridge wrote an article in the Eagle its soared in the last 24 hours. I'd hate to see him give up his hard earned Final 4 ring. If we all donated just 5 bucks it would help out so much!

Here the link if you want to make it easy and not find it in the Eagle Article
        GoFundMe page
        Last edited by WichitaHawk; April 20, 2018, 06:00 PM.
        Shocker Alumni
        Shocker Club Soccer alumni
        Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

• jocoshock
          jocoshock commented
          Editing a comment
          It was at $7500 when I donated about an hour ago....

• WichitaHawk
          WichitaHawk commented
          Editing a comment
          Its up to 10k now! Thanks to the Eagle, KSN, and KWCH the word got out. Back a week ago we were stuck at 2k for around a month . I know CJ is going to be so thankful!

Can someone make sure Ron and Fred see this?

Comment

• WichitaHawk
          WichitaHawk commented
          Editing a comment
          or Charles Koch!

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Or Gregg Marshall

• Stickboy46
          Stickboy46 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think Taylor tagged them on twitter

Big props for Taylor Eldridge for publicizing this. I, for one, would not have known about it otherwise. Also, thanks to the organizers and to Jacob Albracht at Channel 12 for the story on the news tonight.

Comment

I think it was at like 3500 when I posted this.. we are at 8000 now.

Comment

almost up to $8400 now!

Comment

$ 10 K ! ( and counting) ...Great work Shocker Nation.

Comment

This is pretty awesome. I donated back when it was at just about $4000 and I'm so happy to see it above $10k. Let's keep up the momentum!

Comment

We are close to the goal. Let's get it over the top today!
                  Keep The Celebration Going!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockEye View Post
                    We are close to the goal. Let's get it over the top today!
                    $13,595. Juat 1,405 to go. Of course, we don't need to stop at the $15,000 goal. Just sayin'
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Mike mentioned it on the Shocker baseball game broadcast yesterday and Don Hall mentioned this morning on his radio show. I's sure 3G, Ron and Fed and other teammates perhaps some of the more well-heeled, well-connected have reached out to Chadrack directly and behind the scenes. gofundme pages are a way for the little guy to show some love to Chadrack and his family.

Glad to see we are nearing the goal on his gofundme page. An ancillary benefit is this gives 3G one more arrow in his quiver when telling a recruit how you will be accepted and treated by Shocker fans and they won't forget you and throw you away when your career is done. And it's not like Chadrack was a star payer.

Comment

imo he was a very important piece of the “three headed monster” bigs lineup 3g put on the floor

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                          1972Shocker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I agree. But he was not a star like Fred or Ron or Landry for example.
                      Working...
                      X