2018-19 Expectations for Shocker Basketball – “Springtime Edition”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018-19 Expectations for Shocker Basketball – “Springtime Edition”

Full Steam Ahead - It’s all rainbows and unicorns on the horizon.
    20.00%
    Port of Call Needed - Change in scheduled Itinerary to board new passengers.
    49.09%
    All Stop - Someone get down to the engine room to see what just happened.
    10.91%
    Taking on Water - Need to find a safe harbor for needed minor repairs.
    10.91%
    SOS Full Panic - I’m putting on a life preserver and heading with the rats.
    9.09%

The poll is expired.

rats.jpg
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Just shittin’ you... I’m not worried!
      $hit happens.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Marshall is telling recruits there is no “rebuilding” but “reloading “ and winning. Sounds good to me - it is all rainbows and unicorns!

Comment

Sub .500 next year.

Comment

• choida
            choida commented
            Editing a comment
            I think it was several years before we beat KU was the last time we were sub .500

• UCONN_Husky
            UCONN_Husky commented
            Editing a comment
            Gregg Marshall is no Kevin Ollie.

A lot of 18 yr olds are coming in expecting minutes.

Comment

Wichita State will be right there in the top 3 in the AAC... Book it

Comment

I’ll take that bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
                Sub .500 next year.
                I really doubt that - remember the AAC tries to get the strongest teams to play one another for RPI reasons.

Comment

I'm quite sure the bubbles will wanna a piece of us next season. Look for hair-piece to make the call and try to schedule a game against us in....wait for it...Kansas City next year.

Come on Bill...you know you want it!!!!
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

All Stop - Someone get down to the engine room to see what just happened - captures my feelings for this past season and now the following weeks. I do not know what happened but something significant disrupted the Shockers. Personally I think whatever occurred involved both players and coaches.

I remain loyal to HC3G and believe he will correct whatever my presumed "significant disruptive event" was/is!

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                      All Stop - Someone get down to the engine room to see what just happened - captures my feelings for this past season and now the following weeks. I do not know what happened but something significant disrupted the Shockers. Personally I think whatever occurred involved both players and coaches.

I remain loyal to HC3G and believe he will correct whatever my presumed "significant disruptive event" was/is!
                      This is just stupid speculation bordering panic. Maybe something happened. Maybe players were involved. Maybe coaches were involved. There are too many current Seniors and possible factions. No way this is kept quiet. We probably would already be hearing things now or soon if you are correct. Don't make things up because in the long view, stupid rumors could hurt the recruitment of players we are trying to attract.

Comment

I don't know. We had a team full of Seniors and a couple of sophmores who many predicted was a Final Four team and we didn't make it out of the first game. There was a singular lack of leadership on the team and no real sense of urgency or consistency. I'm as distressed as the next fan about the whole season that started with a lot of promise.

Not only that, but we lost two very key cogs from the coaching staff in Heiar and Jans. How many of the kids who have just left were closer to those two, particularly Heiar, and haven't developed the same chemistry with Donnie Jones? And if I'm not mistaken, I believe DJ was known for recruiting and developing bigs more than guards.

But Gregg gets paid very good money to figure this out and I'm pretty sure he's figuring it out if he hasn't already. I like the attitude many of these new recruits seem to exhibit and it looks to me like we're getting back to that "chip on the shoulder" type of program 3G is so well for running.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
                          Sub .500 next year.
                          Go ahead and roll around in the slop and enjoy it while you can.

Comment

This past Season, we were maybe the most experienced team in College Basketball. This Season, we will be among the youngest. So the Shocks will be young and SN will be restless. While I'm not worried, I'm keeping my expectations to a mild roar. Last Season, expectations of experts for our beloved Shocks were 'Final 4 potential' and were through the roof before we ever even played a game. Not so this Season, with a team that 'pregame roster programs' will be more highly sought after and needed than stale nachos, popcorn, peanuts, cracker-
                            jacks, and even soda pop.

What does it all mean? Coach Marshall will have quite the coaching challenge, but rises up to such endeavors. Once our recruiting class is finalized, it may be our best ever 3G Class of recruits in both numbers but also talent? Even so, patience will be a needed virtue to mesh this talented, but wet behind the ears, new Shocker squad. Will this squad be more athletic and in time play better defense? Dunno, but we won't have a Senior inside force like Shaq or a future ready NBA guard like LS outside right at first. So is a 20 win Season asking too much? Will 3G mesh this team in into a Dance team this Season? That seems too lofty, right? Dunno, but in the following Season he might? Stay tuned, and make sure you get a ' roster I.D. program' for a few games as we watch for all of the new players being recruited and soon signed, even as I write. I'm hoping for some good news maybe even today or by next week as our cleanly shaved Coaching Staff puts the final touches to this influx and reloading of new recruits. "Programs, come and get your roster program."
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                            X