Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Matt and PJ

Matt,
    You are are point guard and you know GMs system.... However you cannot carry this team on our own. Start creating plays with passes and not layups and shots all the time. We appreciate your layups however this offense needs flow.

PJ,
    Were sturggling. Offense has been a disaster.
    Its time to be a lil selfish. Put the ball on the floor and take it to the hole.
    "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
    CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Re: To Matt and PJ

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
    Matt,
    You are are point guard and you know GMs system.... However you cannot carry this team on our own. Start creating plays with passes and not layups and shots all the time. We appreciate your layups however this offense needs flow.

PJ,
    Its time to be a lil selfish. Put the ball on the floor and take it to the hole.
    I guess if Matt is the only one that knows GM system that explains why he was just dribbling the ball around back and forth against the zone - probably nobody knew where to go. But you would think a player aspiring to be a coach would know that you attack a zone by either sharp passing or penetrating, not from dribbling from one side of the court to the other.

I would watch what you ask for on PJ might take double or triple his NBA 3 pointers next game and brick them all. He needs to quit being selfish and start playing for his team instead of himself.

Comment

PJ needs to do what he is good at, and drive and take it to the hole!

Comment

Yes, we just suffered 2 disapointing losses that should have been wins. However, we all talked early on that this was bound to happen at least early on. This team also has the capability of pulling off some nice upsets.

MB---Thus far, Matt is on target to have his very best year as a Shocker. There is no longer a point guard contoversy because no other player on this team compares at that position. MB has played some very solid D for us this year and hit some big shots. MB will make a fine Coach someday.

PJ--He still usually has the nice all around game. PJ most always draws the assignment of our opponets best player. Therefore, he has had some foul trouble which we need him to avoid. PJ will be big come Valley time and is a gamer. PJ is a class act and will make some money next year playing the game he loves. He still will be on of the premier Valley top players this very Season.

PT--He has been more effective in this System. I have been proud of his effort and he is NOT playing soft. We have a short starting line-up and PT uses his quickness and hustle to help overcome that.

These 2 losses are indeed frustrating. No way should we have lost either game. However, the 3 players mentioned will take us where ever we go. They are our leaders for this team. Don't give up on them because it is still early and they are taking these losses hard too because they are all competitors. Our influx of new players in a new System will take some time. We have 2 tough home games around the corner that will help guage what it will take to go where we want to go. Come Valley time, we should be seasoned enough to start finding ways to win our fair share of games. I see no team in the Valley that is going to dominate everybody else. The Valley will be interesting and is up for grabs. Let's go kick some behind and let the chips fall where they may.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

do u really think Phil Thommason is better int he post than durley?
          "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
          CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Never said that. Durley will be hard to keep off the court. The Shockers need them both producing to shine. This is one of the shortest Shocker starting line-ups I can remember. It was interesting to see AE get the starting job in place of GM. AE played some good defense in the 1st half. No matter who starts, in my estimation, the 3 Seniors will be our leaders.

Comment

Re: To Matt and PJ

Matt,
              Or maybe we should bring Gal back to the point.. :roll:

PJ,
              I hope you're kidding. PJ may actually be a better passer at times than shooter. Did you watch the game last night? How many more times do you wanna see PJ throw up a hurried-up three or an off-balanced, ill-advised, sloppy drive to the hole?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

i think PJ should drive to the basket 15 times a game. he can choose to pass are lay it in when he gets there... or get fouled.

though he should probably change his form on his free throws.
                veni, vidi, vici

Comment

As proven tonight, this team will go as far as these 3 take us. However, the supporting cast will also follow their leader. Ramon, MG, WP, AE, and Durley had some good touches and contibutions tonight.

Comment

Working...
                  X