X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• molly jabali
    replied
    Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
    Ahh whatever. Too easy to call him a snowflake which he definitely is NOT. He's a good kid first and a pretty good Division 1 basketball player second. Wish him well and agree to disagree is all. P-5 school coaching generally cater to talent...and good for him to achieve that status. Play angry schools have a little bit more to prove before tasting that privilege. Go Shocks!!!!!!
    Pretty good assessment, AZ Shocker....I agree.

Leave a comment:

• AZ Shocker
    replied
    Ahh whatever. Too easy to call him a snowflake which he definitely is NOT. He's a good kid first and a pretty good Division 1 basketball player second. Wish him well and agree to disagree is all. P-5 school coaching generally cater to talent...and good for him to achieve that status. Play angry schools have a little bit more to prove before tasting that privilege. Go Shocks!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• WuShock Reaper
    replied
    "OU basketball: Wichita State transfer Austin Reaves has found new start at Oklahoma" - The Oklahoman

by JOE MUSSATTO
    Published: Fri, December 7, 2018 5:55 PM
    Updated: Fri, December 7, 2018 10:21 PM

The practice gym is the only place to watch Reaves play in an Oklahoma uniform. He’s one of the most overqualified scout team players in the country.

"...So why did he transfer?

“That's a hard question,” Reaves told The Oklahoman, choosing his words carefully. “I just didn't feel like I was able to play my game there at Wichita. I just felt like it was time to move on.”

Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall and Oklahoma coach Lon Kruger are known to have vastly different personalities. Marshall is fierce while Kruger is universally liked, though Reaves didn't blame his former coach for his departure.

“They're both as successful as any coach in the nation,” Reaves said. “Whatever they do works. There's a big difference in the style, but I'm happy I got to play for both.”

Reaves said Wichita State's roster turnover was the main reason he transferred. One of his roommates, Landry Shamet, turned pro. The other, Brett Barney, transferred to Omaha.

The teammates he came to college with were largely absent, and without those connections came the need for a new start...."

Leave a comment:

• Walker
    commented on 's reply
    LOL I need a t-shirt with the 3 of them airbrushed on it. Kind of like the shirts people make for Biggie Smalls and Tupac.

• _kai_
    commented on 's reply
    Harambe, Paul Walker, & Austin Reaves. The trifecta of sadness.

• shoxilla
    replied
    Ok, this was worth waiting for!

Leave a comment:

• Walker
    replied
    This morning when I woke up and had my usual Colt 45, I spilled some for Harambe and Austin while listening to "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac. It gave me closure and now I'm at peace with it all. There's just something about Stevie's sweet voice that made it feel like everything is going to be okay.

Leave a comment:

• choida
    replied
    Austin Reaves: The One That Got Away.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    Is there any chance he'll come back?

Leave a comment:

• Bluzrover
    replied
    It's like watching an episode of Botched. You know you don't want to look but you just can't help yourself. Why would Tawny Kitaen do that to herself? She was hot without the boob job(s)...wait, what were we talking about?

Leave a comment:

• DwShock
    replied
    Austin who?

Leave a comment:

• shoxrox89
    replied
    Cant stand this thread and wont click on it anymore, until later today.

Leave a comment:

• choida
    replied
    I hope this thread is buried by November

Leave a comment:

• BOBB
    commented on 's reply
    What a effin waste of talent. Thanks for bumming.me out.

• shoxilla
    replied
    I can't stand this thread and refuse to read any more about it until page 30.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X