Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I know 3 things:

1) Life isn't fair
    2) Austin has a complaint
    3) P*****s bail on programs

Happy Black Friday!

T

Since Cold wants to bringing the white mans disease thing into it, I guess ES suffers from the same symptoms? That is weak dude, let it go.

AR is a good player and will continue to put up big numbers for OU. Yes, its true WSU spent and bunch of time and cash on his Dr's and rehabilitation, but its in the past and time to move on.
    Look, HCGM is not an easy coach to play for and was once described as "an acquired taste." That's a pretty accurate analysis and holds true today.

It goes both ways...AR didn't find the 'HCGM way' to his liking and moved on.
    On the other hand TE, who is indeed the next big thing, flatly proclaimed the manner is which HCGM teaches and runs his program was the main reason he chose WSU over several P5 schools.

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Since Cold wants to bringing the white mans disease thing into it, I guess ES suffers from the same symptoms? That is weak dude, let it go.

AR is a good player and will continue to put up big numbers for OU. Yes, its true WSU spent and bunch of time and cash on his Dr's and rehabilitation, but its in the past and time to move on.
      Look, HCGM is not an easy coach to play for and was once described as "an acquired taste." That's a pretty accurate analysis and holds true today.

On the other hand TE, who is indeed the next big thing, flatly proclaimed the manner is which HCGM teaches and runs his program was the main reason he chose WSU over several P5 schools.

That is all.
      Actually no, Erik Stevenson suffers from exactly zero symptoms of White Man's Disease. ES could jump over AR's head. AR is as slow as molasses. Dippin' into the eggnog early this year Ref?

HCGM makes it clear to all (including parents) that he will try to kill a brotha in practice in hopes of transforming said brotha into Godzilla on game day. AR knew this when he signed up.

"AR didn't find the 'HCGM way' to his liking"
      Thanks for clearly articulating AR's lack of honor and emotional toughness.

AR was perfectly fine with the 'HCGM Way" until he wasn't. AR isn't the first emotional weakling we've had wash out of the program and certainly won't be the last. He did cash out nicely before bailing tho...

Here's to a bruising performance outta the Shockers when OU comes to town.

Expecting Capt. Telegraph to be roundly booed.

T

Comment

• Austin Reaves is gone, and he ain't coming back ever again....after 12/14, and I expect us to fully take advantage of that special opportunity in every way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Short answer is talent and playing for a coach with whom he shares mutual confidence/trust/respect.
          bingo...

Comment

• I imagine practice that year was not much fun. That team struggled to sell out on defense and was constantly testing Greggs patience. They themselves decided to put an emphasis on offense and not playing tough. On top of all of that, one of the leaders of the team he lost made moves on his daughter. Players should always stay away from the coaches daughter, especially when the coach is a hardass and rules his team with an iron fist. Marshall was going to regain the team in the offseason no matter the cost and we saw the low effort exodus. I don’t think Austin wasn’t willing to put in the work just like I don’t think Sean Ogirri wasn’t willing to play Marshall ball. I just think the work environment was too tough.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• AR offensive rating is 106.7. WSU has 6 players with better offensive ratings. He plays 87% of their minutes and takes 27% of their shots when on the floor. His equivalent on the Shockers is Erik Stevenson.

Offensive Rating - 115.4 ES / 106.7 AR (corrected)
              Offensive Rebound - 2.2 ES / 0.5 AR
              Defensive Rebound - 18.0 ES / 15.6 AR
              Assist Rate - 26.0 ES / 14.4 AR
              TO Rate - 6.3 ES / 13.4 AR (lower is better)
              Blk% - 1.1 ES / 0.5 AR
              Stl% - 2.7 ES / 1.4 AR
              3pt% - 31.6% AR / 26.3% ES
              Last edited by SB Shock; November 29, 2019, 10:59 PM. Reason: (was) 106.7 ES (now) 106.7 AR

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                AR offensive rating is 106.7. WSU has 6 players with better offensive ratings. He plays 87% of their minutes and takes 27% of their shots when on the floor. His equivalent on the Shockers is Erik Stevenson.

Offensive Rating - 115.4 ES / 106.7 ES
                Blk% - 1.1 ES / 0.5 AR
                Stl% - 2.7 ES / 1.4 AR
                Erik must have white mans disease.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  AR offensive rating is 106.7. WSU has 6 players with better offensive ratings. He plays 87% of their minutes and takes 27% of their shots when on the floor. His equivalent on the Shockers is Erik Stevenson.

Offensive Rating - 115.4 ES / 106.7 ES
                  Blk% - 1.1 ES / 0.5 AR
                  Stl% - 2.7 ES / 1.4 AR
                  Thanks, SB -- I didn't realize that, and it's an indication of how Stevenson has come along. Erik may not be the light-out streak shooter Reaves is, but there's reason to think he's a better player overall even if a few inches shorter. Plus, the Shocks can count on him (possibly in more ways than one) for two more years after this season, which would not have been the case with Reaves.

Comment

• The truth is Reaves had little to do with the success and/or failure of the offense then, or now...

He's now playing for a coach that has flat-out embarrassed the Shocks the last 2 years. Really hope it's different this year. That doesn't seem to be too unreal of an expectation. One hopes it isn't.

Comment

• Another truth could be that AR's contributions to the success and failure of the Shocker offense was due to a lack of chemistry/trust/confidence between AR and the coach. Having watched Coach Kruger in game situations AR gained an appreciation of what a coach like Kruger could mean to his college career, so he took a year off to let his shoulders heal completely, gain weight and build his body strength.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                        Another truth could be that AR's contributions to the success and failure of the Shocker offense was due to a lack of chemistry/trust/confidence between AR and the coach. Having watched Coach Kruger in game situations AR gained an appreciation of what a coach like Kruger could mean to his college career, so he took a year off to let his shoulders heal completely, gain weight and build his body strength.
                        Well whoever he works better for, we don't know for sure. However, one thing we know for sure is that he didn't have anyone (except Arkansas State), in Div. 1 recruiting him until WSU recruited and signed him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

That is all.
                          Emotional weakling???
                          Jeezus Cold, eggnog is mild stuff compared to what you are apparently inhaling.
                          You act like AR left a white powder dusted envelope with his transfer papers on HCGM's desk.
                          This may be quite a challenge for you, but until you spend 4 years playing D-1 basketball and understand what truly happens each and every day, ease up on the 19 year old.
                          I won't be there when OU comes calling, but I won't letting out any boo's when he runs on the court. Just keeping it classy...try it out Cold, you'll feel better inside.

That is all.
                          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Actually no, Erik Stevenson suffers from exactly zero symptoms of White Man's Disease. ES could jump over AR's head. AR is as slow as molasses. Dippin' into the eggnog early this year Ref?

HCGM makes it clear to all (including parents) that he will try to kill a brotha in practice in hopes of transforming said brotha into Godzilla on game day. AR knew this when he signed up.

Thanks for clearly articulating AR's lack of honor and emotional toughness.

AR was perfectly fine with the 'HCGM Way" until he wasn't. AR isn't the first emotional weakling we've had wash out of the program and certainly won't be the last. He did cash out nicely before bailing tho...

Here's to a bruising performance outta the Shockers when OU comes to town.

Expecting Capt. Telegraph to be roundly booed.

T

I'm sorry but all I see in posts like these are bent ex-lover.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I was a fan of Austin's when he was a Shocker and was disappointed when he moved on to OU although I really don't know what his reasons for doing so were. While I have moved on from Austin I am quite amazed at the level and duration of the analysis and vitriol being directed at the young man. Austin will either succeed or fail without our help just as the Shockers motor on successfully without Austin. I think the Shockers have hooked up with some pretty good talent to fill in the gap left by Austin. It will be interesting how our current talent stacks up against Austin head-to-head this month. In any case, I don't need to hate Austin to be all in for the Shocks.

But carry on if you must if that is what you floats your boat.

Comment

• can we lock this ****ing thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X