No announcement yet.

Austin Reaves transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant stand this thread and wont click on it anymore, until later today.
    Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• Austin who?

Comment

• It's like watching an episode of Botched. You know you don't want to look but you just can't help yourself. Why would Tawny Kitaen do that to herself? She was hot without the boob job(s)...wait, what were we talking about?

Comment

• Is there any chance he'll come back?

Comment

• Austin Reaves: The One That Got Away.

Comment

• This morning when I woke up and had my usual Colt 45, I spilled some for Harambe and Austin while listening to "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac. It gave me closure and now I'm at peace with it all. There's just something about Stevie's sweet voice that made it feel like everything is going to be okay.

Comment

• _kai_
                _kai_ commented
                Editing a comment
                Harambe, Paul Walker, & Austin Reaves. The trifecta of sadness.

• Walker
                Walker commented
                Editing a comment
                LOL I need a t-shirt with the 3 of them airbrushed on it. Kind of like the shirts people make for Biggie Smalls and Tupac.

• Ok, this was worth waiting for!
              For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
              - said no one ever...

Comment

• "OU basketball: Wichita State transfer Austin Reaves has found new start at Oklahoma" - The Oklahoman

by JOE MUSSATTO
                Published: Fri, December 7, 2018 5:55 PM
                Updated: Fri, December 7, 2018 10:21 PM

The practice gym is the only place to watch Reaves play in an Oklahoma uniform. He’s one of the most overqualified scout team players in the country.

"...So why did he transfer?

“That's a hard question,” Reaves told The Oklahoman, choosing his words carefully. “I just didn't feel like I was able to play my game there at Wichita. I just felt like it was time to move on.”

Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall and Oklahoma coach Lon Kruger are known to have vastly different personalities. Marshall is fierce while Kruger is universally liked, though Reaves didn't blame his former coach for his departure.

“They're both as successful as any coach in the nation,” Reaves said. “Whatever they do works. There's a big difference in the style, but I'm happy I got to play for both.”

Reaves said Wichita State's roster turnover was the main reason he transferred. One of his roommates, Landry Shamet, turned pro. The other, Brett Barney, transferred to Omaha.

The teammates he came to college with were largely absent, and without those connections came the need for a new start...."

Comment

• Ahh whatever. Too easy to call him a snowflake which he definitely is NOT. He's a good kid first and a pretty good Division 1 basketball player second. Wish him well and agree to disagree is all. P-5 school coaching generally cater to talent...and good for him to achieve that status. Play angry schools have a little bit more to prove before tasting that privilege. Go Shocks!!!!!!
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                    Ahh whatever. Too easy to call him a snowflake which he definitely is NOT. He's a good kid first and a pretty good Division 1 basketball player second. Wish him well and agree to disagree is all. P-5 school coaching generally cater to talent...and good for him to achieve that status. Play angry schools have a little bit more to prove before tasting that privilege. Go Shocks!!!!!!
                    Pretty good assessment, AZ Shocker....I agree.

Comment

• I look forward to watching Austin play next season; the Shockers lost a fine Division 1 basketball talent when he left.

Comment

• he wants to be a big dog on a roster yet he leaves exactly when his time to be the big dog arrives. I see how that works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          he wants to be a big dog on a roster yet he leaves exactly when his time to be the big dog arrives. I see how that works.
                          Your statement does not support your premise; if all Austin "wants to be" is a "big dog on a roster" then he certainly would not have left WSU.

IMO the Oklahoma News article provides new information that "something" was wrong within the Shocker roster last year and at least a portion of the "something" must be borne by the coaches. IMO Austin is very likely to demonstrate with his play under Coach Kruger that his talent was being abused by the Shocker coaching staff - time will tell.

Comment

• Dan
                            Dan commented
                            Editing a comment
                            He said he wasn’t able to play his game at WSU and there was too much roster turnover. Read into that how you want, but I read, that he didn’t think he had the ball enough. He was the big dog in high school and the ball went through him. This would have been his year to shine and he bolted. Maybe it was because his firends were gone, if that’s the case, don’t say it’s because you couldn’t play your game here.

• shocker43
                            shocker43 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            What do you think his talent is? He came in as a shooter, and left as a shooter. What else is there for him to show us?

• I really do dislike this kid more after reading that article.

Roster turnover? Stop being a baby. McDuffie stuck it out, and if anyone had a reason to leave it would have been him. At least McDuffie has a shot at the NBA and could have improved his stock by going to a P5 school.

WSU didn't let him play how he wanted to? What exactly does he think his game is? He couldn't guard anyone, didn't drive the ball, and never created for himself. He did get the ball when he was open, though. He wasn't the best player on the floor, but expected to get all the touches?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                            I really do dislike this kid more after reading that article.

Roster turnover?
                            Actually, it should be the opposite. Reaves is taking the high road if the rumors around town are true for why he really left.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                              1972Shocker commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Agree. I don't think the article really got to the meat of the matter although I don't put too much stock into the rumor mill either. It is what is. He did what everyone of us would have done. He made the decision he thought was best for him.
                          Working...
                          X