No announcement yet.

Austin Reaves transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hated to see him go...but, he’s gone. And now, he is going to play, at some point for an opponent. He’ll be no different, in my mind, as any other opponent. Bring what you’ve got, lace ‘em up, and get ready for a battle.

Comment

• Reaves is a good player.
      However, this is a different team now with different physical attributes.
      Hated to see him go but I'm over it. Something was lacking last year.

Comment

• Aargh
        Aargh commented
        Editing a comment
        Our perimeter D was MVC level. The AAC has a different style and more athletic, quicker perimeter players. The lack of quickness on perimeter D was severely exposed. The AAC and many of our OOC opponents were loaded with guys who could drive to the hoop and hit from 3. We had no defense for that type of player.

In the MVC there was Paris Lee who was best at doing that. Weren't many others. In the AAC, many teams had multiple guys with Paris Lee type skills and the top teams had guys who were substantially better than Lee.

The better competition exposed weaknesses that hadn't been a problem in the MVC.

• I'll be excited to see Erik Stevenson drop 30 on him at Intrust. I wish him well, but "once a shocker, always a shocker" applies to those who graduate. However, if his teammates aren't mad about him leaving (and they don't seem to be), there is no reason we should be mad either. He doesn't owe the fans anything, and if his teammates don't feel like they've been abandoned, I don't understand all the hate.

Comment

• XManCometh
        XManCometh commented
        Editing a comment
        His teammates don't seem to be mad because there are only like 3 left that actually played with him. And those that are back are probably too smart to rip a former teammate on social media.

• shocker43
        shocker43 commented
        Editing a comment
        MM has made multiple posts on social media about him. ZB just made an Instagram post about him, with support from past players.

• Double Dead?

I am pretty sure that Austin's decision had nothing to do with basketball.

Lawyers sticking together?
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        Astute and timely Ricky! <3<3<3<3

T

...:cool:

• I kind of like double dead.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• The lawyers are right again.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• C0ld why aren't you as heated about Keyser leaving?

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
            C0ld why aren't you as heated about Keyser leaving?
            You devil you... you just want to pour more C0|d flames on the fire.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

You devil you... you just want to pour more C0|d flames on the fire.

T

CB is one "mean" dude man. :)

Comment

• My favorite shitty hot take from this thread is the claim that Austin deliberately chose OU so that he could play against WSU again. What a solipsistic crock of ****.

Austin will be fine. We'll be better.
                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• rjl
                  rjl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Or, you know, it could have been because it's the best of his options, and of all the factors he would consider, I'd guess specific games on the team's upcoming non-conference schedule would have little to nothing to do with it.

Besides, if he is as weak-minded as you posture, wouldn't he have wanted to avoid playing Gregg Marshall in the future?

I'll hang up and let you argue with yourself.

• C0|dB|00ded
                  C0|dB|00ded commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yup it could have been his best option. And my participation on any message board could strictly be for the sole purpose of knowledge transfer. The possibilities are endless in the pursuit of truth. There are however plausible, logical conclusions that can be drawn out of any set of circumstances. I myself have a predilection for the controversial so...

Weak-mindedness are your words not mine counselor... I spoke to character and emotional state.

T

• Windiwu
                  Windiwu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Austin was one of my favorites and I still think he is a fine young man with a great heart. I also think he will be a better fit with OU than the team that GGG is wanting to build. I also have my doubts that had anything to do with the change and that most of us will just have to keep wondering. :)

• Don't see how Austin leaving is different then Keyser or any other players in the past

Comment

• proshox
                  proshox commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Because the reasons for leaving are suspect at best. This is definitely unique.

• XManCometh
                  XManCometh commented
                  Editing a comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                  C0|dB|00ded commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Indeed. Keyser is the typical "Shocker transfer" who decides after his post-season "evaluation", that his future playing time will be more plentiful elsewhere. Reaves' was in line for plenty of minutes next year. He's leaving for "personal" reasons that have nothing to do with Gregg Marshall being a meanie. It's best that we just say goodbye and focus on next year's team. I apologize for continuing to feed the conspiracy theories.

T

Don't see how Austin leaving is different then Keyser or any other players in the past
                ^This.

Nothing more; nothing less. No need to wash Austin’s feet with you hair using perfume, nor is there any real reason to tear him down. He is simply a former WSU MBB player at this point.

His pros and cons were fairly balanced IMO, with his biggest pro being that he was a known quantity in a season of turnover, but it’s not as if we lost the second coming of Ron Baker.

Comment

Don't see how Austin leaving is different then Keyser or any other players in the past
                  Whenever a player who was supposed to be a Day 1 starter and big member of the team just up and leaves out of the blue, that is troubling for the program and should be questioned.

That being said, I think the team upgraded talent-wise when they filled his scholarship opening.

Comment

• Please lock this thread.

T

Comment

• Keyser was pushed out. Reaves didn't like that. Too bad. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                    X