No announcement yet.

Austin Reaves transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we really expect Coach or Austin to comment??? Come on man!!

Comment

• Topshock
      Topshock commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly, and if they do it won't address the reason he left.

• SB Shock
      SB Shock commented
      Editing a comment
      The details will come out eventually. Mutterings are already being heard. In fact their has been mutterings surrounding this team since last summer. Hopefully with the "reset" this program can get back to play angry..

• It's enough that he has made the decision to leave. Let it rest.

Comment

• Jeff ******* reporting Reaves will visit Oklahoma and UNI. U...N...I. Oklahoma is slightly closer to home, but UNI?

Comment

• Reaves talks about leaving WSU. Says all the right things. Top choices include Oklahoma, UNI, Michigan, Purdue, Indiana, Iowa State, Texas Tech and K-State

Comment

• Originally posted by washedup View Post
          Reaves talks about leaving WSU. Says all the right things. Top choices include Oklahoma, UNI, Michigan, Purdue, Indiana, Iowa State, Texas Tech and K-State
          http://hitthatline.com/reaves-leavin...-on-next-stop/
          Pretty much what you would expect would be said for public consumption and pretty much included no information as to what drove his decision. Something I am not expecting we will hear from Austin or Coach Marshall.

Comment

• It was a lot more fun when we were on the other end with Gabe, Malcolm, and Conner.
            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Reaves talks about leaving WSU. Says all the right things. Top choices include Oklahoma, UNI, Michigan, Purdue, Indiana, Iowa State, Texas Tech and K-State
              Please, not Kansas Satte. I'd hate to have to follow them, let alone cheer for them!
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Husker4Shockers
                Husker4Shockers commented
                Editing a comment
                Or OU!!

• BOBB
                BOBB commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't understand this. I like Austin and wish him well in his future endeavors, but not so much as to root for or follow whatever team he goes to. He is choosing not to be a Shocker. Probably has a good reason for that, but he will be a Wildcat, Panther, Sooner... Rooting for his new team is the equivalent of Walter Sobchack watching his ex-wife'dog.

Oh, and Frostbite Falls? Don't freeze your ass off there.

• OU or Michigan makes sense

Comment

• Please go to a team WSU gets to play in the next couple years

Comment

Is it curious that Austin did not clue in the local media? Taylor had to call the Univerity to get confirmation on the transfer. Then Austin only had a "no commnet" for Taylor when asked about the transfer. Or perhaps transfering players do not speak to the local media when they are leaving. I am not sure, so thought I would check here. Thanks.

Comment

• ShockerEngr
                    ShockerEngr commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I guess I don't see what benefit to Austin there would be for talking to local media

• 1972Shocker
                    1972Shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    And the one media report we have seen here did not discuss why he left Wichita State. It focused on where he might be headed.

• SB Shock
                    SB Shock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There was people in the media who knew he was leaving, I believe they were keeping quiet out of respect for WSU and the process. I heard one media member say he was not surprised by the announcement on the day of.

• What a classy young man. I wished him the best before, even more so now. Good luck Austin!

Comment

• “I felt like it was time to move on” is no reason at all. Wonder if we will ever figure out the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                      “I felt like it was time to move on” is no reason at all. Wonder if we will ever figure out the truth.

I think it's quite literally a fantastic if not perfect answer. I (takes personal responsibility, doesn't blame others) felt like (says he's using his own emotions and might not be perfect about it) it was (eliminates any chance of backtracking, clarifies his resolve) time to move on (best for both parties, nobody at fault, just the way it is sometimes). Brilliant. I'm not sure what else you could ask from a young man.

I get that everyone wants to know a different reason (what you might refer to as the "real reason") but you JUST READ the real reason. We might think we're entitled to more, but we aren't. Austin (and WSU) are moving on, we should as well, and wish them all the best.

Hell, Austin says we're great and wishes us the best. Can we not do the same without trying to tell him what to say????!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I think it's quite literally a fantastic if not perfect answer. I (takes personal responsibility, doesn't blame others) felt like (says he's using his own emotions and might not be perfect about it) it was (eliminates any chance of backtracking, clarifies his resolve) time to move on (best for both parties, nobody at fault, just the way it is sometimes). Brilliant. I'm not sure what else you could ask from a young man.

I get that everyone wants to know a different reason (what you might refer to as the "real reason") but you JUST READ the real reason. We might think we're entitled to more, but we aren't. Austin (and WSU) are moving on, we should as well, and wish them all the best.

Hell, Austin says we're great and wishes us the best. Can we not do the same without trying to tell him what to say????!
                        Of course not, Doc. We have to belittle the player and say he isn’t tough enough so we can make ourselves feel better about his departure.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• ShockTalk
                          ShockTalk commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Frankly, that was the last thing I would have thought of, Kel. Also, I guess I missed the "belittle the player" part, but may I just have ignored it. As for the making ourselves feel better about his departure, I'm not sure that can happen. He was a favorite of myself and others on this board and he will be missed. I wish him well.

That doesn't lessen my concern for the program. I believe that is fairly normal reaction anytime one is blindsided by an event.

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

While I agree with your analysis, I can understand people getting the "it's not you, it's me" vibe.

The Assman

Comment

Working...
                        X