No announcement yet.

Austin Reaves transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What in the Wild Wild world of sports is going on?

Comment

Say it ain't so....

Comment

https://thesunflower.com/26898/sport...anted-release/

Edit: nevermind. Just reporting the Rivals reporting.

Comment

Absolutely horrible news. He was the one to build around. Our team is going to be simply awful next year.

Comment

He is choosing to sit out a year instead of leading the team here.... there has to be something serious going on behind the scenes.

Comment

• shock757
              shock757 commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't know the details of Austin's departure, however a pretty reliable source tells me players may not have to sit a year after transfering starting next year.

• JayPak
              JayPak commented
              Editing a comment
              Next year, as in players who transfer now. But they have to have a 3.0 GPA.

In other news, McDuffie might just average 25 next year.

Comment

• SB Shock
              SB Shock commented
              Editing a comment
              That only if Haynes-Jones actually lets him take a shot.

• WuDrWu
              WuDrWu commented
              Editing a comment
              You're assuming McDuffie will return.

• jdshock
              jdshock commented
              Editing a comment
              WuDrWu I'm half tempted to start a separate thread titled "Doc suggests McDuffie might not return," just to make sure we're all worked into an appropriate frenzy.

There has to be more behind the scenes with the daily grind of being a player in our program. I do know that his 2 best friends on the team coming back next year were CJ and Brett. Those 2 leaving didn't help any that's for sure.

Comment

I went from hoping we didn't lose Lomax to now losing Austin. What a punch in the gut!
              I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Something has gone terribly wrong with this team. The rumors (yes, I said rumors) of discontent among the players no longer seems correct: Discontent with the players.

Obviously, I'm just spitballin', but it is real, real hard for me to think Austin is the type of player that would just pickup and leave a program when it severely needs it's few experienced leaders it has left.

Comment

This doesnt bode well for the program. No matter how you look at it. You don't have kids transfer like this mass exodus.

Is he going to transfer to Arkansas perhaps?

Comment

• jocoshock
                    jocoshock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Arkansas would not surprise at all. Knew someone on the inside of that program when he signed with us who said the Razorbacks wanted him then, but as I recall, they didn't have a scholarship available.

This is unreal.

Comment

• SweetShocker
                    SweetShocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wu Shock is probably next.

Defensively, he had some limitations. Maybe something came up in the end of season sit down that didn't sit well with him. Time will tell where he lands and what his motivations were. Seems to me his chance to step up and be a leader. Would have been a great opportunity.
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Very disappointing, at this point the wheels are officially off the track. We are looking at a total rebuild in a tough conference. It’s going to take some magic to keep us afloat this season.

Comment

I don’t melt down when we lose two or three in a row in a season, but I might melt down over this.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Do we think there might be a coaching decision changing soon? That is now 11 players gone.

Comment

• shocktown
                          shocktown commented
                          Editing a comment
                          nm

• sekshoxfan
                          sekshoxfan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          If you break it down it's easier to understand and doesn't sound as horrifying.

6 - Seniors with no eligibility
                          1 - NBA draft - Understandable to leave.
                          2 - Walk-ons - No guarantee of being on the team anyway.
                          2 - Transfers - Most D1 teams will have 1-2 every year.

Just an average 2 player turnover coupled with a high number of seniors and pro prospect.
                      Working...
                      X