X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by MadDog View Post
    I used to think this thread really sucked. But now that the anxiety for the game is over, the good guys won, and Reeves didn’t go off on us for 30, it’s kind of interesting to get everyone’s take on him as a basketball player.

I like the comparison to Grayson Allen. Also maybe reminds me of that kid from Ole Miss from a couple of years ago. I may not remember correctly but Reeves sure seems to be a radically different player at OU than what he was here. I’m sure Marshall never would have tolerated the way he plays now. Lots of speculation as to why he left, but maybe it is just as simple as a philosophical difference between Austin and coach as to how he saw his role on the team.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    Lots of comediennes bumping various old threads of previous transferees...

Did they all get into a confrontation with the true head of the Marshall household, get clocked, and then run off pouting too?

Know your place son. You are a tiny ant in the grand scheme of things...

Reports are that a certain young lady involved in the Shocker scandal transferred out of Wichita too...

Nobody is bigger than the program.

If anything is to be learned here it is this: KEEP THE ******* WOMEN OUT OF THE LOCKER ROOM.

We all remember what happened with Cooz and O.

Fastest way to ruin team chemistry is to toss a little ***** in the middle of the huddle.

T

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Fastest way to ruin team chemistry is to toss a little ***** in the middle of the huddle.
    This is actually true.

Leave a comment:

• NCAABound
    replied

Did they all get into a confrontation with the true head of the Marshall household, get clocked, and then run off pouting too?

Reports are that a certain young lady involved in the Shocker scandal transferred out of Wichita too...

If anything is to be learned here it is this: KEEP THE ******* WOMEN OUT OF THE LOCKER ROOM.

T

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

He did something, you could see it from both the Creighton player and the ref's reactions. That said, that was when the fans began to ride him. FWIW, I just checked the stats, Reaves was 4-16 from the field, 2-9 from 3. 25% overall and 22% from behind the arc. 13 of his 23 points were free throws. 23 sounds good until you look at how much he chucked up garbage.

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied

You guys say Creighton was flopping, and I get it, you hate Creighton, Reaves flopped the whole second half. Flopped like a little girl. And he didn't get booed until he lept into a Creighton defender and threw up a three. He got the call..... And tee'd up on the same play. I think he shot around 15 free throws in the second half, maybe two fouls warranted a whistle. Fans of any school (Creighton or otherwise) are going to boo that play.

Personally, I think he hurt OU by jacking up bad shots and not playing defense. He played almost the whole game. He had to shoot sub 30% not counting all the free throws he took.
    Honestly, Reaves should transfer to BJ. His current play suits them perfectly.

Yeesh what a loser program.

T

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied

T

Leave a comment:

• MadDog
    replied
    I used to think this thread really sucked. But now that the anxiety for the game is over, the good guys won, and Reeves didn’t go off on us for 30, it’s kind of interesting to get everyone’s take on him as a basketball player.

I like the comparison to Grayson Allen. Also maybe reminds me of that kid from Ole Miss from a couple of years ago. I may not remember correctly but Reeves sure seems to be a radically different player at OU than what he was here. I’m sure Marshall never would have tolerated the way he plays now. Lots of speculation as to why he left, but maybe it is just as simple as a philosophical difference between Austin and coach as to how he saw his role on the team.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    The more I see him, I think he might be Grayson Allen, but MAYBE with a little less d!cKhead in him, and a lot less skill.

Leave a comment:

• Walker
    replied

You guys say Creighton was flopping, and I get it, you hate Creighton, Reaves flopped the whole second half. Flopped like a little girl. And he didn't get booed until he lept into a Creighton defender and threw up a three. He got the call..... And tee'd up on the same play. I think he shot around 15 free throws in the second half, maybe two fouls warranted a whistle. Fans of any school (Creighton or otherwise) are going to boo that play.

Personally, I think he hurt OU by jacking up bad shots and not playing defense. He played almost the whole game. He had to shoot sub 30% not counting all the free throws he took.
    I thought that same thing last night when watching the game. I was almost in a state of disbelief of how frequent and obvious he was about it. It was pretty sickening that the refs were falling for it every single time. Then the desperation 3 pointer he jacked up and flailed his arms...it was so obvious that he caused the contact, almost looked like he was trying to punch the guy. Is that why he got T'd up? He shouldn't have gone to the line for that. It's one thing to play smart and draw fouls and then another thing to revert nothing but acting when your shots aren't falling. I was really surprised that Kruger tolerated it. Maybe he didn't have much choice. Even more irritating that these refs would reward it.

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Shot em out of the game.

Leave a comment:

• MoValley John
    replied
    Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    I never figured out exactly what that technical was for. It was definitely a bad call on the preceding foul. The FS1 crew was too dumb to even try to figure it out.
    He did something, you could see it from both the Creighton player and the ref's reactions. That said, that was when the fans began to ride him. FWIW, I just checked the stats, Reaves was 4-16 from the field, 2-9 from 3. 25% overall and 22% from behind the arc. 13 of his 23 points were free throws. 23 sounds good until you look at how much he chucked up garbage.

Leave a comment:

• Cdizzle
    replied
    I never figured out exactly what that technical was for. It was definitely a bad call on the preceding foul. The FS1 crew was too dumb to even try to figure it out.

To be fair, OU actually had more baskets than Creighton. Talk about a flop-fest.

Leave a comment:

• MoValley John
    replied
    Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Why was he getting booed?

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    I watched Austin play last night. In person. He didn't get booed until the second half. That was when his play became unbearable.
    Why was he getting booed?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X