No announcement yet.

2018-19 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"A definitive ranking of college basketball’s best rebounding teams this decade" - NCAA.com

BY DANIEL WILCO
    POSTED: OCTOBER 31, 2018

Since the 2000-01 season, there have been more than 6 million missed shots in Division I basketball. We looked at who collected the most of them to find the best rebounding team.

"Since the 2000-01 season, there have been more than 6 million missed shots in Division I basketball. We looked at who collected the most of them to find the best rebounding team in college basketball....

Here's what that equation looks like:

On the defensive side, the most efficient rebounding team is Wichita State, which has picked up 74.3 percent of available defensive rebounds since 2010, much greater than the Division I average of 68.7.

...While Wichita State ranks 1st in DRB% and 26th in ORB% — the highest combined ranking — the deviation in ORB% is greater, and Quinnipiac’s performance there gives them the edge. As far as totals go, the Bulldogs average 40.95 rebounds per game, just 0.03 off of North Carolina’s leading mark...."

Comment

https://sports.yahoo.com/sixty-eight...151654623.html AAC breakout star MM
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Not sure that belongs under Media Love kcshocker11 due to it continuing on with the following:

31. Team that will take the biggest fall from last year to this year: Wichita State. Thanks to the graduation of a handful of key seniors, Landry Shamet entering the NBA draft and Austin Reaves unexpectedly transferring, Wichita State is unusually shorthanded. Forward Markis McDuffie is the only returner to average more than 5.3 points per game last season. It’s never wise to count out a Gregg Marshall team, but the Shockers seem to lack the firepower to contend in their league or return to the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Instead of media love, will call this Secretary of State love:

Last edited by wichshock65; November 8, 2018, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• WstateU
            WstateU commented
            Editing a comment
            Surely the POTUS or SOS has some pull with the NCAA. #FreeTeddy!

• shock
            shock commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice to see everyone leave their oppinions at home while visiting the WH. As it should be.

Some nice recognition to our coach! https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...tanntp#image=7

Comment

• IndianaShocker
            IndianaShocker commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for posting, but that list is not credible. Top 8 for sure & maybe top 6.

American.jpg

Comment

• DUShock
            DUShock commented
            Editing a comment
            Not a fan of Trump but this meme is funny and I think it is very cool that the team was able to meet a sitting President. Thanks to Secretary Pompeo, who I am a fan of, those involved in orchestrating a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Originally posted by Wooglin View Post
          Some nice recognition to our coach! https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...tanntp#image=7
          Several of the guys in front of him on that list have zero business being so.

Comment

• Shocker Mama
            Shocker Mama commented
            Editing a comment
            It has to be a lot easier if you have shoe companies buying players for you.

• DUShock
            DUShock commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree with you both, he should be much higher on this list.

Go Shocks!

• WSUwatcher
            WSUwatcher commented
            Editing a comment
            Matt Painter? Really? He's a nice coach, but there's no way I'd trade Marshall for him.

Andy Katz in his ranking jumps WSU to No. 26. I think WSU went from being picked by Katz to finish 9th in the American to know being a favorite to win it.

26. Wichita State: The Shockers were picked in the lower grouping in the American because they lost so, so much. The season-opening loss to Louisiana Tech was a sign that it could be a rebuilding season. Not so fast. The Shockers, led by Markis McDuffie’s 32, beat Providence in Annapolis.
          https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...wer-36-college

Comment

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            While we were ranked by Katz higher than the next American team, his following review made no mention of WSU:

36. Houston: The top of the AAC will have a rotation of teams. UCF took a hit with a home loss to Florida Atlantic and Cincinnati lost at home to Ohio State. The Cougars played a weaker opponent in Alabama A&M but cruised to a 101-54 win behind Armoni Brooks’ six 3s for 24 points.

The Albany/Dartmouth game was on at the restaurant I was at earlier on CBS Sports Network. During halftime of it, it appeared to be about a 5 minute long segment on the Shockers. They had interviews with Gregg, McDuffie, and Torres it appeared. There wasn't any sound so I couldn't get any context. Anyone else see that?

Comment

• WstateU
            WstateU commented
            Editing a comment
            I wonder if it was 'snippets' from the Navy/DC trip?

• Stickboy46
            Stickboy46 commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't think so. Most of it was filmed in CKA.

This article is by Eldridge, but it's out of Garden City. I don't believe the Shox would have ever made a newspaper out of Garden City until Baker came here..

Torres just needs to make the first one.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• SHOCKvalue
            SHOCKvalue commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s originally an Eagle article. Just shared via the AP or however they do that.

• TheShocktocles
            TheShocktocles commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes!!! It will happen and when it does look out. Torres has real good basketball IQ. I hope he keeps working on that Midrange pull up. I was cheering for him when he made one against Baylor. The Dude can ball. Keep working.

Comment

Nice to see ESPN include the AAC in a conference rank list.

Comment

• Topshock
              Topshock commented
              Editing a comment
              It is huge to be recognized right there with power 5 conferences.

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
            http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ege-basketball

Nice to see ESPN include the AAC in a conference rank list.
            They didn't have much choice if they didn't want to leave out the PAC12. It also mentioned McDuffie and Marshall.

Comment

I didn't want to start a new thread so thought I'd put this here, from The Athletic (subscription required):

Kentucky, Wichita State and the classic second-round game that should have come much later

Marshall was not laughing. He still is not.

“It was ridiculous,” he told The Athletic this week. “They didn’t want to give us a 1-seed, didn’t really respect that we were a legitimate 1-seed, so they made us play a team that never should’ve been an 8-seed. How many first-round picks did Kentucky have again? I don’t recall my initial reaction to that, but I’m sure it was just something like, ‘Wow.’ What else can you say? Nothing about that made sense. But we never made sense any year we’ve been in the NCAA Tournament. We were always an outlier that they said, ‘How do we deal with these guys?’ ”

Comment

• grudkin
                grudkin commented
                Editing a comment
                For anyone to relive that awesome game and the heartbreak. Easily top three NCAA games I've attended - F4 > WSU/ku omaha > WSU/kentucky > UNI/Texas half court heave > UNI/TA&M meltdown
                Full game - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2eFmKKshGQ
                Highlight reel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBmT9szzr_o

• Topshock
                Topshock commented
                Editing a comment
                I did watch it one time and it still made me a little sick. That was the quietest ride back to Wichita I've ever been on. I don't think anyone spoke a word for about 200 miles.

NY Post picks WSU to beat Lipscomb and then win it all with stellar defense

https://nypost.com/2019/04/01/stella...oneyline-pick/
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
              X