No announcement yet.

New Schools Named in FBI Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self accused of 3 Level 1 violations himself. That's has to be more than just a suspension...

Comment

• So my 15 year old posed the question at dinner tonight..."Which would Bill choose, the job or the rug?" My kid is a smart kid. That's probably a tough call.

Comment

• The phog is interesting. With what KU fans are proposing - sue the NCAA out of existence, fight it to every court to which it can be appealed, the NCAA has a simple solution - KU is no longer required to pay their annual renewal fee to be a member. That one cannot be adjudicated in a court - well, it can - anythoing can, but it can't be adjudicated successfully.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          Self hauled off anc blasted the NCAA

https://247sports.com/college/kansas...ons-136040848/
          I like it: False equivalent huh?

Comment

• Self has essentially declared the NCAA's allegations a witch hunt and is counting on KU to circle the wagons. But the NCAA appears ready and willing to put up a fight too this time.
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Self has essentially declared the NCAA's allegations a witch hunt and is counting on KU to circle the wagons. But the NCAA appears ready and willing to put up a fight too this time.
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• The NCAA must be really, REALLY mad at WSU to be going after KU so hard.

Comment

• But now, Arenas is claiming to know of two former Duke Blue Devils players that were paid to commit and play for Duke, over Kentucky nonetheless.

Comment

• I would love to see KU finally get what they deserve, but I still don't have any confidence that anything substantial will actually happen. So far it sounds like KU plans to follow the example set by UNC with the fake classes and fight it until the NCAA gives up.
                        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• I'm thinking KU has to stonewall this because if they cooperate, there will be more uncovered.

Normally, the NCAA might be going in with a wink and a nod mentality, but they have soooo much egg on their face and can't afford to look weak here.

We shall see. I have no idea how this pans out.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• KU has 90 days to formulate a response. From what I gather, their primary defense is that the Addidas reps acted on their own and are not considered boosters or agents of KU, per the definitions provided by the NCAA.

Comment

• My dream scenarios are that KU makes such a spectacle of this that the NCAA just throws the book at them. Or that Self throws such a fit that he starts singing about all the other dirt he knows about other programs and the dominos just start falling.

But, at the end of the day, I think it will be underwhelming.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Self's defense. You can't prove that we knew without a doubt. "Gassnola said as a witness that the KU coaches didn't know he (shoe company) paid the players but they did tell us that we needed to get to work and talk them into changing their minds and coming to KU."

Wink, Wink. Wink.

:)

Comment

Working...
                                X