No announcement yet.

New Schools Named in FBI Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like there could be some antitrust or racketeering issues that could be discovered within the NCAA and P5, if a law enforcement agency could actually be persuaded to flip over some heavy rocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      Seems like there could be some antitrust or racketeering issues that could be discovered within the NCAA and P5, if a law enforcement agency could actually be persuaded to flip over some heavy rocks.
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• If that rock ever gets tipped over, the NCAA will no longer be a monopoly. The P5 will slither out from under that rock and go make their own little snake den somewhere else. That's a pretty obvious "inintended" consequence.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          If that rock ever gets tipped over, the NCAA will no longer be a monopoly. The P5 will slither out from under that rock and go make their own little snake den somewhere else. That's a pretty obvious "inintended" consequence.
          If it went that far, I'm not sure those going to jail would care.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            Seems like there could be some antitrust or racketeering issues that could be discovered within the NCAA and P5, if a law enforcement agency could actually be persuaded to flip over some heavy rocks.
            See post #136 from 6 weeks ago.
            Last edited by Kung Wu; November 20, 2018, 03:11 PM.
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• "Gonzaga coach Mark Few wants NCAA to 'make decisions' in corruption investigation" - Yahoo Sports

By Dan Agnew
              Posted: Dec 9, 2018, 7:12 PM

"PHOENIX – It isn’t just the FBI that wants to clean up college basketball.

The head coach of one of the nation’s top basketball programs wants it cleaned up as well – and he’s not afraid to call out the head of the NCAA by name.

While many of college basketball’s marquee programs have been caught up in a massive federal corruption case in the past year, it’s been business as usual for the Gonzaga Bulldogs, who are 9-1 and enjoyed a two-week run as the No. 1 team in the land.

They’ll likely remain in the top 5 after falling 76-73 to No. 7 Tennessee in a thriller at the Jerry Colangelo Classic.

Competing at the highest level of the sport has become a regular experience for Gonzaga in Few’s 20 years at the helm.

All this while somehow avoiding any connection to the FBI’s wide-sweeping investigation that involves illegal funneling of money to top-notch recruits. Among the schools implicated in the probe: No. 2 Kansas, No. 8 Auburn, Arizona, Louisville, USC and several more.

But even as the investigation drags on and casts a dark cloud over the sport, Few thinks Sunday’s game is a prime example that good basketball programs can also follow the rules.

“There’s two teams today who were competing who do it right. I know that to be true,” Few said. “And there’s a lot of teams who do it right – the national champions two out of the last three years. There’s a lot of great things. This thing is worth saving.”

NCAA president Mark Emmert said earlier this week he doesn’t expect any schools to be hit with major sanctions this season, making certain that this investigation will drag out for a long time – potentially years.

The FBI released its findings and information to the NCAA in November so it can begin its own investigation.

Few doesn’t see what the holdup is.

“I’m disappointed. I don’t think this is something the NCAA needs to take their time on,” he said. “There’s teams out here who are competing for Final Fours and national championships and they don’t need to stall this thing out. They need to make decisions and roll with it. I think that’s on Emmert. Emmert needs to step up and be a leader and make some quicker decisions....”

Comment

• WOW!!!! Good for Mark Few.

This "good ol' boy", "cash cow" mentality needs to stop. One and done player approach is a mockery of college sports and higher education.

Comment

• Hooray for Coach Few. One of the FEW coaches to speak out against the cheaters.

Comment

• Can't imagine Mark Few is 100% saintly. He's pulled some heavy recruits into a very mid-major league. He's no Cheatin' ChicKUn that's for sure but clean as a preacher's sheets? Errrmmm.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• ShockerEngr
                      ShockerEngr commented
                      Editing a comment
                      simpler than that, he's got a good team this year. If the NCAA would do it's job, his path to a championship gets easier. Hopefully he keeps pushing it.

• abdullah_sharif
                      abdullah_sharif commented
                      Editing a comment
                      im very skeptical when you mention preacher and clean sheets in the same sentence. wait, that priest...

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                    Can't imagine Mark Few is 100% saintly. He's pulled some heavy recruits into a very mid-major league. He's no Cheatin' ChicKUn that's for sure but clean as a preacher's sheets? Errrmmm.

T

I don't think he'd be calling everybody out if he did anything. I just think Gonzaga's program far outweighs the conference affiliation thing. Hell, we were able to pull some decent recruits in the Valley.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• ShockTalk
                      ShockTalk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Exactly, Fev. Going on record like that certainly can unsettle of number of powers. He's basically sayin', "look at me. Just se what you can find."

• C0|dB|00ded
                      C0|dB|00ded commented
                      Editing a comment
                      "I don't think he'd be calling everybody out if he did anything."

I would. Nothing like walking around with a 10lb set of balls and forcing others to call your bluff. Maybe he's calling people out because some are sniffing around his program. As I said before, he's not in the Charter Cheat Club but it's hard to believe he's 100% clean as the undriven snow. He's pulled recruits that were a LONG way from decent. I'm talking one-and-done NBA big men.

But if he really is, bully for him. I wouldn't even wanna bet that Marshall is 100%100%100% clean. Everybody seems to have some dirt under their fingernails. Hell, FVV's little tip would count against Marshall from the perspective of other fanbases. I'm sure VCU was like, "yup, we knew Marshall was dirty."

T

• C0|dB|00ded
                      C0|dB|00ded commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just look back to when K|Uck-City Central called the NCAA PoPo down on us when we landed Mo Evans.

THE UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS TURNED US IN FOR CHEATING...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

T

• No one is entirely clean. But grading on a curve Few looks like a **** pot full of Tide Pods.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                      C0|dB|00ded commented
                      Editing a comment
                      **** pot full of Tide Pods lol.

That made me laugh. I have a weird sense of humor sometimes. Thx shoxlax!

T

• "Ex-Arizona assistant Book Richardson reaches plea deal in bribery case" - ESPN

Mark Schlabach, ESPN Senior Writer
                    Posted: 01/07/19, 5:27 PM CT

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l-bribery-case

"Former Arizona assistant Emanuel "Book" Richardson, who is facing federal bribery charges as part of the FBI's investigation into college basketball corruption, has reached a plea agreement with federal prosecutors, his attorney told ESPN on Monday..."

Comment

• https://kuathletics.com/news/2019/2/...Fne57fpF_Y_iOw Vick taking leave of absence from K-who
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• What, the coaches send him home to burn old financial records before they get subpoenaed?
                        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• lol
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                          X