No announcement yet.

New Schools Named in FBI Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a reason that KU has announced that DaSouza will not play at this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
      must say that this whole process has soured me on college basketball. i mean the season starts next week and i can honestly say that i’m not at all excited.
      I'm still excited for our team but this whole thing is really disheartening. It's playing out like we thought it would and is going to be manipulated to protect the schools they want to protect. The shoe companies will still be paying the recruits to attend their schools and the schools will continue play stupid and put on their shocked face when something comes to the surface. It makes you feel like a sucker for even being a fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post

I'm still excited for our team but this whole thing is really disheartening. It's playing out like we thought it would and is going to be manipulated to protect the schools they want to protect. The shoe companies will still be paying the recruits to attend their schools and the schools will continue play stupid and put on their shocked face when something comes to the surface. It makes you feel like a sucker for even being a fan.
        I too remain excited for the coming season. However, IMO fans of NCAA Mens Basketball should not be surprised with the verdict and the pending NCAA's predictable failure to "discipline" the coaches who have been active and willing participants in this scam for the past decades.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
          There is a reason that KU has announced that DaSouza will not play at this time.
          It shows they're doing what they can to be on the "up and up." It's the only penalty they'll suffer, for sure.
          Last edited by ShockingButTrue; October 24, 2018, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• "College basketball corruption trial verdict: All 3 defendants found guilty" - Yahoo Sports

By Dan Wetzel,Yahoo Sports
            Posted: 10/24/18, 3:00pm cst

"A federal jury in New York found all three defendants guilty of wire fraud and conspiracy to commit wire fraud in the closely watched college basketball trial.

After nearly 20 hours of deliberation across three days, the jury of eight women and four men declared Adidas executives Jim Gatto and Merl Code, as well as aspiring sports agent and basketball middleman Christian Dawkins, guilty after they paid the family of a top recruit to attend the University of Louisville.

Gatto was found guilty of an additional charge involving the recruitment of athletes to the University of Kansas...."

Comment

• After talking to a KU fan a little while ago, I was surprised that he feels like Self and the assistant should go down for it and lose their jobs. They are going to have a hard time not punishing the coaches themselves with all the evidence that was used to convict 3 individuals.

Comment

• Dan
                Dan commented
                Editing a comment
                I’ll bet he’s in the minority. Most KU fans think he walks on water.

• So if the key factor in the cases were that the particpants in this scheme defrauded the universities when will the former players and their parents who were part of the cosnpiracy to defraud be charged?

Comment

• I just listened to a KU fan tell me this was the verdict they were hoping for because it exonerates Self and the program completely.

It's really hard to believe or stomach.

Comment

• Bill looks a little worried to me.
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Can someone post links to articles with evidence I can send to my KU friends? I see the one on ESPN and some others saying that the defense attorney stated that Self directed it. I'm hoping for ones with evidence presented or something argued by the prosecution?

Comment

• Ole awe shucks billy bob... how can he say that his program is squeaky clean with dirty sanchez helping to facilitate payments and/or trade to prospects..

Comment

• mattdalt
                        mattdalt commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Same thing A-Rod said, that Ryan Braun said, etc, etc, etc.
                        "We have followed the rules, however difficult they may be, for 30 years." Dave Bliss

• It was not KU who got defrauded, it was KU who de-frauded the rest of the NCAA basketball. They should have to forfeit all the shares they earned and have them redistributed.

Comment

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
                        Ole awe shucks billy bob... how can he say that his program is squeaky clean with dirty sanchez helping to facilitate payments and/or trade to prospects..

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...220587445.html
                        He’s smooth. He said that he and his staff do not and never have given inducements to attend KU. I’m not aware of his staff being accused of offering anything. In this case, it was the shoe companies who under prodding from Self and Townsend, gave monetary inducements to recruits and their families.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

He’s smooth. He said that he and his staff do not and never have given inducements to attend KU. I’m not aware of his staff being accused of offering anything. In this case, it was the shoe companies who under prodding from Self and Townsend, gave monetary inducements to recruits and their families.
                          This could very well be the scenario.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                            WSUwatcher commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Indeed it could, and if so, how can that not be illegal? "I can't give you illegal benefits, but I know someone who can" -- does the name Reggie Bush ring a bell?

There was a time I actually thought The Rug ran a clean program, but once he decided to go the Calipari route and chase the one-year guys, it appears that he gave up whatever integrity he had to do so and never looked back. Swept it under the rug, one might say.

• Same old song and dance, where Biiy plays innocent and dumb when it’s obvious that he knew exactly what was going on. He’s such a genius coach I’m sure he knows EVERYTHING that goes on

Comment

Working...
                          X