No announcement yet.

New Schools Named in FBI Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The thing I admire about fans of the Kentucky Wildcats is that they don't walk around with their noses up in the air, pretending they are innocent.
    Last edited by Kung Wu; October 16, 2018, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• FadedCrown
      FadedCrown commented
      Editing a comment
      I am guessing this is black on purpose.

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

If we would be KU, we'd get 3 years of probation.
    It will all be swept under the rug!
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Kung Wu
      Kung Wu commented
      Editing a comment
      Ouch!

• coachk.JPG

Yeah, sure Mike.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
      coachk.JPG

Yeah, sure Mike.
      7nf6i1.jpg
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Kel Varnsen
        Kel Varnsen commented
        Editing a comment
        Amen. So annoying how much praise he gets when he's a completely awful human being.

• Consider the source but.....

Also why is my hyperlink showing up in blue all of a sudden?

Comment

• SHOCKvalue
        SHOCKvalue commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks yeller to me.

• Kung Wu
        Kung Wu commented
        Editing a comment
        Should only be blue if your mouse is over it. Is it that way after a screen refresh?
        Last edited by Kung Wu; October 16, 2018, 11:18 AM.

• shoxlax
        shoxlax commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually sending from my phone-shows up blue on my screen and yellow on here. Sam Axe may be right

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
      coachk.JPG

Yeah, sure Mike.
      Insert Baghdad Bob meme here.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Insert Baghdad Bob meme here.
        baghdad%2Bbob.jpg
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Baghdad Bill Self.jpg
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• "Zion Williamson's Kansas recruitment comes up in hoops scandal trial" - Yahoo Sports

By Dan Wetzel, Columnist,
            Posted: October 16, 2018

"...details of at least two such conversations were introduced into the public domain during attorney arguments.

Both could cause significant NCAA problems for the coaches involved – LSU head coach Will Wade and Kansas assistant Kurtis Townsend – and perhaps even one player, current Duke freshman Zion Williamson.

In a September phone call between Townsend and Adidas consultant Merl Code, the discussion turned to KU’s recruitment of Williamson, a top-five national recruit out of South Carolina. Mark Moore, one of the attorneys for Code, read a transcript of the call.

Code (Adidas): “Hey, but between me and you, you know, he asked about some stuff. You know? And I said, ‘Well, we’ll talk about that, you decide’ … I know what he’s asking for. He’s asking for opportunities from an occupational perspective, he’s asking for cash in the pocket and he’s asking for housing for him and his family.”

Townsend (Kasnas): “I’ve got to just try to work and figure out a way because if that’s what it takes to get him here for 10 months, we’re going to have to do it some way.”

Bill Self and Kurtis Townsend - Kansas.jpg

Kurtis Townsend, right, has been on head coach Bill Self’s staff at Kansas since 2004.

Comment

• Seems like the media is underselling this news a bit.

Comment

• Townsend is the bag man. We knew KU was dirty before this, now we know LSU is too.

Comment

• "at this point, what difference does it make...?"

The Deep State's got this one covered.

Comment

• This is a straight quote off of Phognet. LOL

"People keep talking about bidding wars, but I don't see much evidence of that. It seems more like the price gets set and the shoe reps take care of it on behalf of the schools they work with. If Kansas, Kentucky and UNC really want Zion Williamson they aren't getting outbid by Duke. The money is there for all of them.

At some point it becomes, "OK, I'm getting 100K and my parents got a house, now which program do I like best?"

Any "bidding" done seems to be when a desperate program like DePaul comes in with a crazy high offer. But from the testimony I can't see any reason to believe KU, Duke, UK, UNC, Arizona and some others aren't on a level playing field. At least among themselves."

Comment

• Wow, it’s not bidding unless someone outside the Big 5 programs land a big recruit. Forget about the fact that they are making these guys professional athletes by paying them.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        Seems like the media is underselling this news a bit.
                        Yeah, I get it, they don't report that the sun comes up every morning and sets every evening on a national level. Is it possible the media is as bored of this story as I am?

I agree with (Im4WSU) in that nothing, NOTHING will come from any of this. The NCAA traffic cop is barking "Nothing to see here, folks, you can move along!"

Comment

Working...
                        X