No announcement yet.

New Schools Named in FBI Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Phog.net Bill seez everything is ok , so the flock is happy as a possum chewn on a peach pit.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
      On Phog.net Bill seez everything is ok , so the flock is happy as a possum chewn on a peach pit.
      Cause he believes (rather probably knows) nothing is gonna happen.

On another note...maybe something good will come of all this. If I understood correctly...these shoe companies are dishing out dollars mainly to the one and dones of the world before they even get to campus and placing them at the quote/unquote cheating schools. That's the cheating part right there right?

It'll never happen for soooo many reasons... but it would be cool if the shoe companies work a deal with the NCAA and agree that they'll stop shelling out dollars to players before the player chooses a school and rather pay the player their Junior and Senior years. Like in Fred's case. Then the player is free to choose where to play his college ball at. There's no more manipulation and cheating to place a kid at certain schools.
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• So, DeSousa was paid $60k by a Maryland booster, then opted for KU, but kept the $60k? LOL. What is the MD booster going to say? ”But, Officer, I bribed him to play for Maryland, and he got a bigger bribe to go to KU!”

Comment

• How can these Adidas guys not be considered boosters? They have a lot more interest in an athlete attending a certain school than a fan does.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            How can these Adidas guys not be considered boosters? They have a lot more interest in an athlete attending a certain school than a fan does.
            Yes they do. Yes they do. Total "boosters".
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• New article by yahoo

From one crazy moment to another – many of them detailed by a larger-than-life Adidas consultant – college basketball's corruption trial has become a theater of the ridiculous.

Comment

• I don’t know how you stop it. You can declare all the kids mentioned ineligible and you can slap these schools on the wrist, but new bag men will step up, kids/families will keep holding their hands out and schools/shoe companies will keep paying. Even if you make a rule where you can pay athletes, certain schools will offer more money and the cycle continues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ixiah View Post
                  Wow, this has some gory details. lol

KU is dirty.
                  Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Wow, this has some gory details. lol

KU is dirty.
                    Agreed, I don't see how you can claim that you didn't have knowledge when you are flat out meeting with Shoe company "recruiters" and telling them who your top targets are. At that point, it doesn't matter if you are aware of payments. You should be kicked out and banned.

Comment

• this isn’t limited to a few Adidas schools. The NCAA needs to just blow away all these useless rules and move on.

Comment

• Dan
                        Dan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        but you still have tax evasion by the parties receiving the cash

• 1972Shocker
                        1972Shocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I assume any information gathered with respect to tax fraud and evasion will be turned over to the IRS for investigation at some point. No statue of limitations on that. This could be a nice pay day for the Treasury Department if they want to pursue it aggressively especially when the tack on the big penalties and interest.

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Agreed, I don't see how you can claim that you didn't have knowledge when you are flat out meeting with Shoe company "recruiters" and telling them who your top targets are. At that point, it doesn't matter if you are aware of payments. You should be kicked out and banned.
                      Question: Did KU execute a contract with the consultant? If not, failure to execute a contract with a 3rd party consultant that told the head coach that they would be recruiting an athlete on their behalf would show a lack of institutional control. If so, lets see the contract.
                      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Preston's gay mom told KU that she was having an affair with the Adidas guy that KU invites to their Midnight Madness event to meet with their recruits.

This is starting to walk like a duck - and quack.

The prosecution is doing a good job of portraying KU as the victim in this, but their prime witness is a guy who took a plea deal. I can't wait to see what evidence the defense is going to present. Their goal is to demonstrate that KU was not defrauded in these deals.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Players need to start being punished, severely. Cheating at the college level should equate to suspensions at the professional level. I'm tired of players being ignored. We jail drug users, we should also suspend/ban college cheaters. It's always been said that you can't stop the drug epidemic when you have such demand from the customers. Same deal here. Dirty players enable dirty payers and vice versa.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Kung Wu
                            Kung Wu commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I like it!

• OregonShocker
                            OregonShocker commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I'm not a lawyer, and would love to hear from someone here who is, but I don't think that would work. You can't punish me financially for a wrong my parent(s) perform. And, I believe, it has been successfully argued that banning someone from their profession for something like this amounts to illegal restraint of trade.

• C0|dB|00ded
                            C0|dB|00ded commented
                            Editing a comment
                            If the kid received no benefits fine, but likely you'll find a trail of money that ends at the student athlete. Speaking of parents, hit them with Federal Conspiracy charges.

"Restraint of Trade" LOL!

The university as well as the NCAA incur significant expenses whenever an investigation is conducted. If the student athlete's behavior is the reason for the investigation then of course he is civilly liable.

T

...:cool:

• Kansas and Louisville both deserve the death penalty. So let it be.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
                            Kansas and Louisville both deserve the death penalty. So let it be.
                            main-qimg-e491eb0a4024cc90f577a2cfa4610980-c.jpg
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                            X