X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1sgfb0.jpg
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• 'Black-Ops' mission: Hoops bag man details how he offered 'help' to college basketball programs, like Kansas
      - Yahoo Sports

By Dan Wetzel,Yahoo Sports
      Posted: 10/10/18, 6:00pm cst

"...the payments to college players and their families that he copped to on the witness stand, including Billy Preston (Kansas), Silvio De Sousa (Kansas), Brian Bowen II (Louisville), Dennis Smith Jr. (North Carolina State) or Deandre Ayton (Arizona).

It did note various meetings with coaches at Adidas schools around the country – NC State, Indiana, UCLA, Miami and so on. In particular was a trip in 2014 to Lawrence, Kansas, to attend the Kansas Jayhawks’ annual first practice called “Late Night in the Phog.”

“Met with Coach [Bill] Self and his staff,” Gassnola’s note read. ” … talked recruiting targets and the upcoming season. Assured them we are here to help....

... including Kansas in the case of Preston ($90,000) and De Sousa ($20,000). Rather, it was an effort to help Adidas’ flagship college programs land top recruits, often from the Adidas AAU and high school ranks. Here is a government witness saying it for them.

Fenny Falmagne, was paid $20,000 to have De Sousa attend Kansas. De Sousa played on last year’s Final Four Jayhawks team.

Kansas has even followed the government’s lead and labeled itself “a victim.”

Gassnola’s testimony Thursday may shed light on just whether that is accurate. That’s why Kansas appears to have sent two attorneys to observe testimony, although on Wednesday the men would only say they were from “elsewhere” and laughed if “elsewhere” meant a small town on the Plains...."

Comment

• Not only did de Sousa take money from Adidas but he had already signed a pro contract in Spain.... And KU was aware of this...

Comment

• Also fun... Read this off the Bradley board. Ole tornado has a huge hard on for all this and WSU being mentioned. He now wants to claim wins over WSU for the past few years....

Comment

• Walker
            Walker commented
            Editing a comment
            That's funny. If they were to vacate wins, wouldn't they just vacate the ones that occurred after Fred received money from an agent his senior year? I haven't seen Landry mentioned in any of this stuff ever. Is he?

• Stickboy46
            Stickboy46 commented
            Editing a comment
            Even if they vacated wins from us, Bradley wouldn't receive the wins lol. That's just comical.

• Steeleshocker
            Steeleshocker commented
            Editing a comment
            Actually, if the NCAA did something about wins, it would only vacate wins for WSU. Bradley would still have their losses.

See WSU v. Louisville

• It seems really strange to have the FBI and the Department of Justice in court trying to prove that KU is a victim in recruiting battles.

Somehow getting the best pro prospects doesn't seem like KU and the other heavily involved schools suffered much. Maybe the NCAA will force them to vacate some wins. If the NCAA were to fine them for all the money they received from TV revenues, NCAA appearances, etc. while using the ineligible players, then they could play the "victim" card. Vacating wins is sort of putting an asterisk on some records that only historians will ever look at to realize something happened.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Stickboy46
            Stickboy46 commented
            Editing a comment
            Well the FBI and Justice department doesn't care about NCAA rules. They are trying to get convictions. If they said the schools were in full knowledge and organized the payments, the shoe guys did nothing legally wrong. By trying to hide the payments, it becomes fraud.

• Smoke is getting pretty thick up in Lawrence; thick like when the forest fires in Colorado make Wichita hazy thick. As these stories continue to evolve - knowing we’re only seeing that part of the iceberg above-water - I struggle to see how KU is going to come out of it all unscathed.

KU’s official spin on the story thus far is akin to trying to pick up a turd by the clean, stink-free end.

Comment

• Wait, so if my banker, Bob, bribes one of his clients to sign a huge contract to buy widgets from me instead of someone financed by Bob's rival, then that makes me a victim?

I need to get a shady banker.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Nothing is going to happen to KU or any of the big schools. The plausible deniability defense will be used and the NCAA won't want their bread and butter missing the big dance at the end of the year, driving down tv ratings and revenue.

Comment

• The NCAA will probably be so mad they penalize KU. Look out Kutztown University!
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• How is DeSouza still on the team? I can't believe KU hasn't revoked his scholarship already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    How is DeSouza still on the team? I can't believe KU hasn't revoked his scholarship already.
                    That would imply guilt, they're going to wait for the NCAA to make them do something.
                    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• This thread is a really good breakdown of what's happened so far today.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                          1972Shocker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I looked up outside enitities in the dictionary:

Outside Entities = Kansas University Boosters

• Where was the institutional control when Preston and his family were getting paid?
                        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Aargh
                          Aargh commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I believe it was on probation, so it had a good excuse. It was at a mandatory meeting with its' parole (compliance) officer. Making sure the vial of pre-tested warm urine was available, ready, and in place, in case there was any testing to be done.

• Stickboy46
                          Stickboy46 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Ah yes... The trusty urine test to test for unauthorized payments. So reliable

• Am I the only one not surprised by all this? I've been calling the ChicKUns cheaters since I learned how to access Al Gore's magical invention. I'm just hoping to see Deputy Dog cry some more before he retires (he'll likely cry then too). Deputy Dog is the real enemy of the Shockers. Ah shucks Bill is just a cog in a very cruddy mechanism.

The way ChicKUn Central has treated the Shockers throughout the years aligns perfectly with the profile of a criminal organization. This doesn't happen with the Iowa schools. They support each other. In Kansas you have criminal athletes and criminal programs.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Working...
                        X