X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is UMKC game on tv tonight?

Anyone know?

From goshockers.com:

"The game will tip-off at 7:07 p.m., and it will be broadcast live on Kansas 22 in Wichita and Metro Sports in Kansas City"
    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

On The Tube
      Saturday’s game will be broadcast live on Kansas 22 in Wichita and on Metro Sports in Kansas City. WSU’s Bruce Heartl will call the play-by-play, while Craig Steven will serve as the color commentator.

The MetroSports directory on TimeWarner in KC does not show the game being telecast, so wouldn't take the info above as gospel.

edit:
      Fans can watch all UMKC home games and all league contests live on SummitTV. Fans can access SummitTV through www.umkckangaroos.com or www.thesummitleague.org. More than 275 men’s and women’s games will be featured as part of the $49.95 annual subscription package.
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

On The Tube
        Saturday’s game will be broadcast live on Kansas 22 in Wichita and on Metro Sports in Kansas City. WSU’s Bruce Heartl will call the play-by-play, while Craig Steven will serve as the color commentator.
        The UMKC men's basketball team will play the first of three straight home games on Saturday night when it squares off against Wichita State at Municipal Audi...

The MetroSports directory on TimeWarner in KC does not show the game being telecast, so wouldn't take the info above as gospel.

Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

The Cox guide on digital cable doesn't show the game as being on either, but then again it never does. The game will be on.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCity
            The Cox guide on digital cable doesn't show the game as being on either, but then again it never does. The game will be on.
            Yep and since I'm not gonna be home and the way the current guide is set up, I get to record 4 hours of nothing with 2 hours of game.

I hate Cox so much. D-level cable company.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Make a manual recording. You should be able to record from a set time of your liking no matter how they have it blocked out on the guide. This means you should be able to start a manual recording at 7 and then have it finish at your desired time of something like 9:30.

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
                Make a manual recording. You should be able to record from a set time of your liking no matter how they have it blocked out on the guide. This means you should be able to start a manual recording at 7 and then have it finish at your desired time of something like 9:30.
                Thanks. I always forget about that. I've seen it before but I never used it.

It still bothers me though that they can't insert the actual info in the time slot so people actually know there's a game going on if they're flipping through the guide.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Everest in KC doesnt have MetroSports.

If you folks can`t get the Shockers on TV, NFLN offers a great game:

Cincinnati at San Francisco 8:15 PM EST

Comment

Watch party at Hatfields in Topeka. It is the sports bar that is part of Westridge Bowl.

I'll be at the game.

Comment

Too bad we can't get our games on real TV again

I just checked channel 22 in wichita and it still says 5 to 8 pm- "Local News and Information".

I trust you guys that come 7pm, the Shocks will magically appear on 22.

I really hate this. I wish we could get our games on a real TV station.

How are we ever going to gain more fans when even diehards have a hard time figuring out when and where we are on TV?

I remember that during even the Mike Cohen and Scot Thompson days nearly all of our road games were on KAKE TV 10 and all our home games were on the Shocker Channel. (Mike Cohen and Scot Thompson even had weekly TV shows on KAKE- something Turgeon and now Marshall have never had).

Our programs media coverage has really sunk to new lows. I can't believe that we had more potential TV viewers back then.

The sweet 16 run should have gained us some more fans. It's too bad our athletic dept can't figure out a way to get us some more exposure so we can take advantage of it.

Comment

yeah, it will be on at 7. Ironically, every once in a while Ch 22 guide will show WSU vs. Indiana St. when that game really ISN'T on. So, they show that a game is on when it isn't and don't show a game as on when it is. You'd think with all the money that Cox rakes in they could fix this.

Comment

Just a thought, but you could always check in the programs at the games. It has a list of all the games that will be on. I think the rest of our away games are going to be on. Plus the LSU game for sure, and the UAB game if I'm not mistaken

Comment

Originally posted by macshocker2004
                            Just a thought, but you could always check in the programs at the games. It has a list of all the games that will be on. I think the rest of our away games are going to be on. Plus the LSU game for sure, and the UAB game if I'm not mistaken

If it were on a real TV station (like 8 to 10 road games used to be every year until about 8 years ago), we could just check the TV Guide.

Comment

Aren't there more games on TV then ever?

I don't see how this is a "new low."

Comment

Working...
                              X