No announcement yet.

Good News / Bad News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We were also a 4 seed which I think is the highest seed we’ve been in the entire marshall era outside of the undefeated season.

Comment

I think the 2011 team, March version, would've roughed this team up. Hatch would've battled Kelley on the boards all night.

Comment

The Good: Kansas (the State) is demonstrating it's Basketball power. in March.
        The Bad: WSU isn't a part of the fiesta.
        The Ugly: Shocker fans hit the panic button in November, and we were right.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerMarch View Post
          The Ugly: Shocker fans hit the panic button in November.
          The good: you’ve only posted 5 times and you sound like a Valley fan. Check mods
          Last edited by Shockm; March 24, 2018, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• AndShock
            AndShock commented
            Editing a comment
            I thought KU

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

The good: you’ve only posted 5 times and you sound like a Valley fan. Check mods
          Honestly, was anything he said wrong?
          Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

nope..he was pretty much spot on. who gives a **** how often he posts.

Comment

Probably a ISUR fan identifying as a Shocker fan. Maybe we have more on here than I think

Comment

I guess we're not allowed to say anything negative out here, even if a pre-season top-10 team can't beat a 13-seed in the tourney.

Frankamp's inbounds pass to Reaves with 19 seconds left against Notre Dame sort of became a preview of the season. The inability to finish games became an inability to finish the season. That's not what should be expected from the number of Sr's we had this year.

After watching some NCAA games this spring, it seems like EVERYBODY has 3 or 4 guys who can hit 3's and at least 2 of those guys can drive into the paint and score there. The Shox didn't have the personnel to play that game on offense or stop it on defense. The last couple of recruits this spring better be home runs. That style of game diesn't fit the skill sets of our current guards, and the recruiting class doesn't seem to have much in the way of quick perimeter players who can hit 3's.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Marshall himself saw this coming... Calling it "fools gold" I believe? This team was offensive... No pun intended... Marshall will hopefully want to go back to basics and let defense and rebounds and low turnovers be his teams calling card. This team lacked play angry... And coasted on past experience and drank their own Kool aid a bit much this year. We didn't have the guard play many of these so called teams having success are having.

Comment

• Aargh
                    Aargh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Marshall knew more about his players than we're supposed to put out here for all to see. There were some things that were handled "internally" that never became public knowledge.

Greg Heiar is making $300,000 at LSU. http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rou...ed21fdbe4.html

Is Chris Jans making only $250,000 to $400,000. http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/sala...ketball/coach/

What are the current salary packages for the current coaches? The best info I can find is in 3G's contract, a pool of $625,000 for three assistants and DOBO. Is that in addition to salary paid by the University?
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                    Greg Heiar is making $300,000 at LSU. http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rou...ed21fdbe4.html

Is Chris Jans making only $250,000 to $400,000. http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/sala...ketball/coach/

What are the current salary packages for the current coaches? The best info I can find is in 3G's contract, a pool of $625,000 for three assistants and DOBO. Is that in addition to salary paid by the University?
                    I’ve always been under the impression that our assistant salary pool hasn’t kept up pace proportionally to Marshall’s salary, so while he is paid unquestionably well, our assistants are still quite average compared to the level we strive to be.

I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

What did the metrics predict about our 8 losses? Was it pretty close?
                      Preseason metrics would have maybe suggested 6 or 7 total (NCAA Tourney included). Shocker fans mostly enjoyed predicting 2-4 regular season losses and a possible national championship, but those were obviously framed through the view of rose-colored glasses.

More importantly, you can forget preseason and look at current end of year ranks. Even knowing what we now know (Loyola was surprisingly good, WSU was maybe a slight disappointment) WSU would still be a large favorite to win the 2017-2018 MVC. Folks saying otherwise have been strangely lacking any sort of ammo for their argument beyond feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                        I think the 2011 team, March version, would've roughed this team up. Hatch would've battled Kelley on the boards all night.
                        Hatch might have (check that, would have) outshot Kelly, but he would have been abused by Kelly on the boards.

Comment

• MJ23
                          MJ23 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          FINAL SCORE
                          95(2018)
                          (2011)
                          The average score is Wichita State (2018): 70.8 - Wichita State (2011): 72.1, decided by < 5 pts 13 times (26.5%)

• ShockCrazy
                          ShockCrazy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          BOBB if we are talking 2011 team specifically, no Stutz/Durley is not an upgrade on Shaq. Nor is Junior Ragland even in the realm of Landry. 2011 is NIT year. If you consider Murry at the 2 vs our 2's this year(though he had to play a lot of point that year), yeah I'm taking Murry every day.

• BOBB
                          BOBB commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Murry over Brown. Ragland over Conner moving Landry to the 2. Guess I saw Shaq as a 4 in that lineup, but probably just clogging the post with Stutz. I would take Shaq head to head all day over Stutz.

Kind of a "Superman V. Mighty Mouse" exercise anyway. Fun to engage in, but either way we aren't playing now. Might as well add Cleo Littleton and Antoine Carr and Xavier McDaniel.

A Shaq/Stutz matchup would be interesting to watch. Stutz had height but I think Shaq would have pushed him around. Murry and Ben Smith better than the top 2 defenders we had on this years squad, while Ragland would be the overall best shooter.

Comment

• SHOCKvalue
                          SHOCKvalue commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I’ll take the shorter Shaq everyday and twice on Sunday over Stutz. Senior Shaq is the best center to don a WSU uniform in a generation.

• proshox
                          proshox commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Win shares data would be interesting on this.... a lot more of the offense went through Stutz...

Originally posted by ShockerMarch View Post
                        The Good: Kansas (the State) is demonstrating it's Basketball power. in March.
                        The Bad: WSU isn't a part of the fiesta.
                        The Ugly: Shocker fans hit the panic button in November, and we were right.
                        Man, mini-hawk/mini-troll/shaqness, sorry to disappoint but I STILL haven't been able to catch a KU game this year yet. I was fully going to watch them against Clemson but I ended up with dinner plans with the family. Then against Duke I'm thinking, "that should be a good game!" But then my wife wanted BBQ and I was ... man ... KU vs Duke or BBQ?! Damn that Hogwild was good.

Or is that obvious?
                        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Working...
                        X