Lomax is Gone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ah82 View Post

Lol.. Marshall had to do this... He would look like an ass if he didn't... He had no choice... don't kid yourself
    Solid first post. Clearly you were going for the “it can only get better from here, because this post couldn’t be any worse” strategy.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Solid first post. Clearly you were going for the “it can only get better from here, because this post couldn’t be any worse” strategy.
      Like I care what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by ah82 View Post

Lol.. Marshall had to do this... He would look like an ass if he didn't... He had no choice... don't kid yourself
      Many a Coach didn’t let that stop him.

Hmmmmm. Two hater kinds of posts? Back to Memphis? Remember the King is really dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
        The 7’ 4” Conner Vanover was released from his commitment to Memphis. He’s still considering Memphis, but we should totally recruit. Maybe have Tubby talk to him for us. Hell, let’s bring him on the staff. He’s got all the money he wants. It’d be a great way for him to settle a blood feud. Win-win for everybody.
        At least bring him in as a practice player for Erik Stevenson.

Comment

• Walker
          Walker commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh my goodness. Stevenson makes that 7 footer look like an oompa loompa. Stevenson along with the other good recruits we have coming in, make this Lomax situation a bit easier to swallow.

It's probably wishful thinking to think that we will beat Memphis every single time in the next four years, but I at least hope that Alex never wins a game in Wichita.
        78-65

Comment

Just to be clear, people were happy with Alex because he showed a lot of the same signs as Fred and looked to be "college-locked" by his size so whoever got him probably had him till graduation. A very good PG with a "winning" mentality that probably would stay 4 years is worth more than most 5 stars.

Comment

He's long gone like a turkey through the corn!

I'm still not worried!! :)

1uh0hm.jpg
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Can we just stop talking about this kid. He is gone and now let's hope we kick his ass on the court. I'm sure the staff will find a worthy replacement..

Comment

• Horn28Clem30
                Horn28Clem30 commented
                Editing a comment
                Post of the day!

Originally posted by shelback View Post
              Can we just stop talking about this kid. He is gone and now let's hope we kick his ass on the court. I'm sure the staff will find a worthy replacement..
              You do realize you are able to navigate to anywhere on the board you would like to go, and you chose a thread with his name in it, right?
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• This thread title would make for a good opening line in a blues tune. Looooooomax is goooooone ...
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• ShockerPrez
                  ShockerPrez commented
                  Editing a comment

Sub Tuesday with Lomax

• Kung Wu
                  Kung Wu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Swing Looo-max ... sweeeet charioooot, come forth n' point guard my teeeeaaam

• 1979Shocker
                  1979Shocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Don't try out for American Idol or The Voice.

• So long Lomax...

Last edited by WstateU; March 21, 2018, 01:40 PM.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• FadedCrown
                  FadedCrown commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dang it, I cannot post anymore, I am at a perfect and round 2.00 posts per day

• Kung Wu
                  Kung Wu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Classic!

• Well, that's a bummer. I can't fault the kid for wanting to play for his mentor, and I wish him well--except for when we play him.

On a related note, congratulations to everyone who guessed correctly that ALo was leaving. Way to go. For the record, I never predicted he wasn't leaving--I had no clue. Some of those who knew nothing wouldn't shut up, and those who knew something weren't saying a word. I was just wanting to cool the jets on the speculation and paranoia. When you have doomsdayers like KC Shox Reincarnated infesting threads with doom and gloom, and Faded Idiot posting polls about us losing our prized recruit, perhaps what was needed was a collective deep breath and backing away from the ledge.

We have enough negativity around here with the annual "Marshall to XXXX University" threads full of posts claiming it's a "done deal". Until there is an ounce of, you know, ACTUAL information in which to base opinions, it is just guessing. If you actually know something, please code yOur PosT wIth CaPitaL leTTers. If you don't know something, then post with less wild guessing and more restraint please. There is no badge of honor awarded for negativity. Thanks.
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• kochHead
                  kochHead commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Has the nickname "FadedClown" been used yet? If not, i would like to submit it for use.

• Shox The Revenant
                  Shox The Revenant commented
                  Editing a comment
                  KC Shox Reincarnated? I am very close with him but practice what you preach, you said "some of those who knew nothing wouldn't shut up". If you do not know Shox The Revenant and KC, then see your comment in your post. Anyway, you will be hard pressed to find a single post about Lomax where I stated it was a done deal. I believe the vast majority of my Lomax posts were sharing Memphis fans' 'inside information' or expressing my opinion the reasons why it would make sense for him to choose Memphis. I felt the possible departure of Lomax would negatively impact this program next season as I didn't see a current player on this squad that could adequately fill the role of a top tier PG needed to compete in the AAC for the 2018-19 season.

I certainly wouldn't consider any of my posts as a proclamation of the Shocker basketball apocalypse as you so embellish. I can point out several naysayers and doomsdayers who constantly have knee jerk reactions to anything negative that occurs within Shocker sports. You and everybody else knows who these select individuals are so why don't you focus on them instead of me. If you were to compare their posts side by side to mine, you'll probably be surprised as to who is the actual a$$-clown. GTHOH w/ that BS of yours.

• .....and Coach already knew it when he did his radio show....

Comment

• Sometimes you just draw a bad hand. Sometimes you draw a good hand, and the improbable happens. We haven't forgotten how to play the game, so i am not worried about future outcomes. Focus on the process, and in the long run the outcomes take care of themselves. Always have, always will.

Speaking of which, I should probably get back to work...
                “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• I’ve got a treat today: a rare story in which a college program isn’t trying to totally dick over a player who wants to transfer.

Comment

• jdshock
                    jdshock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Cdizzle, you mean you're not 100% sold that Penny is going to be the best coach of all former players since he coached AAU ball for a bit before trying D1 basketball?

• Cdizzle
                    Cdizzle commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm honestly not even sure where to start, so I won't. To be fair, that's on me for clicking the link.

• 1972Shocker
                    1972Shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They don't call it dead spin for nothing.
                Working...
                X