Potential Charleston Classic opponents

Purdue: Q1
    Appalachian State: Q3
    Virginia Tech: Q1
    Alabama: Q2
    Northeastern: Q2
    Ball State: Q3

Comment

• Tickets for the OU game go on sale here in a few minutes. It will be interesting to see what tickets are actually available. And on cue

EDIT: Not surprisingly, very few tickets are available...and those that are available are behind the baskets. Looks like the ticketing for this game will be a fuster cluck just like it was two years ago.
      Last edited by WuShock16; October 24, 2018, 10:06 AM.
      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
        Tickets for the OU game go on sale here in a few minutes. It will be interesting to see what tickets are actually available. And on cue

EDIT: Not surprisingly, very few tickets are available...and those that are available are behind the baskets. Looks like the ticketing for this game will be a fuster cluck just like it was two years ago.
        I called both OU and WSU's ticket office and neither said they were provided any tickets for this (besides OU's for Season ticket holders)

Comment

• Just purchased online. They are all lower bowl (end zones)behind the baskets. I got four for less than 120.
          If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

• Stickboy46
            Stickboy46 commented
            Editing a comment
            4 x 16 dollar tickets for less than 120 dollars!!!!

• What section are you guys in?
          THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

• Stickboy46
            Stickboy46 commented
            Editing a comment
            i grabbed 4 in 119

• Someone remind me again why available tickets are so stupid for an event in an 18K seat arena that draws a half-full crowd, with half of that half being opponent fans fighting over bread crumbs.

Comment

• ArtVandalay
            ArtVandalay commented
            Editing a comment
            They hold back tickets for OU season ticket holders and members of the OKC Sports Commission. They don't release the tickets those members don't want until essentially the day of the game.

• SHOCKvalue
            SHOCKvalue commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! It was actually a real question wrapped up in a sarcastic wrapper.

Have to think demand for this event will be low, considering historic OU MBB support plus OU MBB’s projected weakness this year, all coupled with a rebuilding WSU on our end.

• "College basketball rankings 1-353: From Kansas to No. 353 and an interesting fact on every team" - CBS Sports

by Matt Norlander
          Posted: 10/24/18, 1"00pm cst

"Matt Norlander's annual ranking extravaganza puts the entire sport of college hoops in order one team at a time

October has come again. It's a time for artistic changing of the seasons, overplayed debates about pumpkin-spiced foods, maybe the best sports month of the year, and a reminder that Division I men's college basketball has way too many freaking schools. This is never more apparent than when I annually take on the ultimately rewarding but undeniably psychotic task of ranking every single team in this beautifully unruly sport.

College basketball's population of programs has gathered moss over the past two decades, adding more low-major squads in clusters and bloating from just over 320 teams at the turn of the century to 353 at the start of this season.

The concept of having 353 teams of vastly different resources competing for the same championship is part of what makes college hoops unique and outstanding -- but also highlights why the sport faces so many issues that tangle its threads: barricades against optimal scheduling, cost-of-attendance inconsistencies, coaching salaries, a fight for regular-season relevancy.

Regardless, the start of another splendid season is less than two weeks out. I hope this list gets you all the more excited for the chaos to come across the ensuing five months. Consider this your biggest single/scannable preseason asset for college basketball in 2018-19.

For this year's ranking, I'm trying something new: I've veered from Gary Parrish's Top 25 (and one) for the first 26 teams, which is why you'll see differences between his rankings and mine. Click and compare! Also, there were 54 coaching changes between last season and this one. All schools that have a new lead man on the bench are identified at the start of their respective capsules.

For correspondence on how accurate this list and how much you approve of where I have every team slotted, feel free to send a note on your unquestioned appreciation.

Here we go. 99. Wichita State

A tumble is irresistible. The Shockers' top four players are gone. Young talent is there, though. Gregg Marshall gets ample credit for being a top-30 coach in college basketball. If he can manage to get this roster to the NCAA Tournament in 2019, he'll lock up top-15 status in that regard. Markis McDuffie is the lone big name on this roster.

American Athletic Conference
          26. Cincinnati
          31. UCF
          40. Houston
          64. Connecticut
          69. Temple
          78. SMU
          84. Memphis
          99. Wichita State
          120. Tulsa
          184. Tulane
          192. South Florida
          273. East Carolina

Charleston Classic
          13. Virginia Tech
          34. Alabama
          44. Purdue
          68. Davidson
          79. Northeastern
          99. Wichita State
          109. Ball State
          182. Appalachian State

Other Non-Conference Schedule
          39. Providence
          66. Baylor
          92. Oklahoma
          95. Jacksonville State
          148. Southern Miss
          155. VCU
          171. Louisiana Tech
          235. Oral Roberts
          335. Rice

Comment

• I like Norlander. Hedged on the Shocks lol.

Comment

• "College basketball blind faith power rankings: Teams who lost a lot but should still excel in 2018-19" - NCAA.COM

BY JOE BOOZELL
              POSTED: OCTOBER 24, 2018

Villanova, Michigan and Florida are three of eight teams who lost a whole lot from last season who we still think will be programs to reckon with in 2018-19.

"4) Purdue (Potential Charleston Classic Opponent)

Can Carsen Edwards fit into an offensive system? Absolutely. We saw it last year. But how much fun would it be to watch him run wild? Edwards may have a chance to do so this year with Isaac Haas, Dakota Mathias and Vince Edwards leaving. The Purdue point guard is one of the craftiest shot-makers in the game; he averaged 18.5 points on 40.6 percent 3-point shooting as a sophomore. Edwards has a real chance to approach 25 per game as a junior....

6) Cincinnati
              Cincinnati’s overall success has been downplayed because of a few NCAA tournament losses, but the Bearcats have been really, really good the last two seasons. They’ve won a combined 61 games in that span. Jarron Cumberland, Justin Jenifer and Cane Broome return, which is enough to stay afloat despite losing Jacob Evans, Gary Clark and Kyle Washington. The AAC is a toss-up this season. NCAA.com’s Andy Katz predicts UCF to win the league. He may be right, but UCF has a lot of question marks itself. The Bearcats are still the team to beat with Wichita State, SMU and UConn rebuilding. Cronin has earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the regular season. How far will this team advance in March, though? Time will tell...."

Comment

• I know it's just a scrimmage but Jacksonville state beat Alabama by like 30.

They might not be a push over

Comment

• WuShock16
                  WuShock16 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Top 100 team in that CBS article that ranked all D-1 teams...

• WSUwatcher
                  WSUwatcher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  In fact, Stick, Norlander has them ranked ahead of WSU in his list, although he'd no doubt favor WSU head to head because of Koch Arena.

Besides, isn't that where Turgeon coached before coming to WSU? A matchup of two teams Turgeon left for better things, he thought, before reaching the Maryland hot seat. And, of course, one of two is great if you're a hitter in MLB (although 3G is batting 1.000 so far by staying at WSU, which is even better).

• What’s the best way to buy tickets to the OU game for a good price? Who do you call and how long should you wait?

Comment

• ArtVandalay
                  ArtVandalay commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Two years ago, I bought better tickets the day of the game at the box office than my friends were able to buy in advance

• Did you get lower bowl tickets? I need lower bowl tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  Did you get lower bowl tickets? I need lower bowl tickets.
                  There was lower bowl tickets on ticket Master this week but they were all behind the basket seats

Comment

• Will lower bowl tickets be available the day of the game?

Comment

• Two years ago, my friends who bought online bought "best available" and were in the 300 level. I bought 200 level club seats at the box office day of game. No 100 level seats were available at the box office

Comment

Working...
                      X