Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No surprise or let down here. :D

Comment

• From all I've read, mostly here, most of the reports this summer were very high on Jaime and that it looked like it might be his position to lose. I'm not really all that surprised as God Bear was reported to be a fairly raw project IIRC. Of course, I'm an old fart so my memory ain't what it used to be and I'm too lazy to look back at any of the posts or threads where I vaguely remember reading this. But I would also say that I'm not surprised just based on how little the man played last season. And I will add that I'm disappointed we're not hearing about what a stud he is but that may take another year or two.

Comment

• Nobody really mentioned McDuffie as being hard to guard either and he’s afringe level All Conference player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          Nobody really mentioned McDuffie as being hard to guard either and he’s afringe level All Conference player.
          Honestly, McDuffie's strength isn't that he's a guy who can get his own bucket and create off the bounce. His strength is that he can stretch the floor with his shooting, and defensively can cause problems with his length. He can be a borderline All-Conference player, but he gets there if he has players on the floor with him who can create off the bounce and cause the defense to rotate and leave itself exposed.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Dan
            Dan commented
            Editing a comment
            agree with everything you said. My comment was really in response to a comment that someone made about Asbjorn not being mentioned by anyone as being hard to guard. Virtually everyone talked about SHJ and he has done very little at the D1 level to date, so take the comments with a grain of salt.

• WstateU
            WstateU commented
            Editing a comment
            https://media.giphy.com/media/QOgvV9...RBfQ/giphy.gif

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          Nobody really mentioned McDuffie as being hard to guard either and he’s afringe level All Conference player.
          I think Poor Bear did mention Markis as his hardest to guard. But when you look at the make up of the newcomers interviewed I'm not sure this is to surpirsing. I counted 6 guards, 2 small forwards and 3 bigs. None of the guards are likely to be guard Markis (although as an aside he might be called to guard them) and I believe all 6 guards picked Samajae. Not surprising his quickness would given them trouble. Chance picked Teddy because of his strength and unorthodox game. Again not too surprising considering Chance's slight build. Chance probably matches up much better against Markis than he does Teddy. Teddy picked Jamarius, interestingly because of Jamarius' strengh. That one is strength on strength.

Poor Bear picked Markis. Jamie said Morris, Poor Bear and Asbjorn were all tough for him because of their heft compared to him. Morris picked Jaime whose length and athleticism not doubt present a tough challenge.

OTOH hand Markis received a lot of love when it came to helping the newcomvers out and providing leadership.

It was an interesting set of interviews. Loved hearing all the positive comments about Samajae. I'm not going to read too much into these interviews. I just enjoyed hearing directly from the newcomers.

I hope Paul follows up with a similar set of interviews with the returning players.

Comment

• Markis was our leading Scorer and Rebounder two years ago. I hope he gets back to offensive rebounding and playing defense first, and then his scoring and shooting will just happen naturally.

Comment

• I believe that is Dexter Dennis in the photo in the lower right hand corner of this tweet: https://twitter.com/GoShockersMBB/st...87586899480577

You can enlarge that enlarge each photo by clindking on it.

Now it may be a little difficult to guage with Dexter guarding a 3 foot opponent and a lowered basket in the background but this guy looks like he has some impressive length and a couple of grappling hooks for hands.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 29, 2018, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• WstateU
                WstateU commented
                Editing a comment
                Does SHJ only have 4 fingers and a stub on his left hand? Probably just an optical illusion. :)

• Dan
                Dan commented
                Editing a comment
                Chance Moore has a serious wingspan

• No more months waiting guys .. 4 weeks from today is the exhibition game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ixiah View Post
                No more months waiting guys .. 4 weeks from today is the exhibition game.
                Four DAYS to my introduction to the newbies!
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

Four DAYS to my introduction to the newbies!
                  A few years back, us out-of-towners were lucky enough to watch Shocker Madness on ShockerVision or whatever it was called. Since that got the ax, it's been tough to follow. Has anyone heard anything about streaming the practice?

If not, I'm sure I speak for all those unable to attend when I say that any detailed reports would be greatly appreciated. I will certainly be devouring any and all descriptions of who can jump out of the gym, if there's someone who will likely never miss a 3-pointer in their Shocker career, that McDuffie has put on 50 pounds or Asbjorn has grown a foot, etc.

Comment

• Does anyone know the itinerary for Saturday and the estimated time for the men's actual scrimmage?

Comment

• Steeleshocker
                      Steeleshocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's just a men's and women's scrimmage, and I'm sure they won't release a schedule.

• Wichita State Basketball lost a majority of a core that won 25 games a year ago. Will the Shockers extend their NCAA Tournament streak despite the turnover?

​​​​​​Meh...this guy has no clue

Comment

• WstateU
                      WstateU commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Obviously written by a KU grad. :)

• Dexter just post a picture on his Instagram story with one foot in a boot.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                      Does anyone know the itinerary for Saturday and the estimated time for the men's actual scrimmage?
                      2:00 and I'm sure they will put the women up first so they have a crowd to play in front of. I have no idea how long they intend to run each one.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• So what time should the men's begin?

Comment

Working...
                        X