No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Shox Offseason Predictions and Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You added other skills besides ability to guard. My point was that without his instant offense that year, we wouldn't have been nearly as good. I remember Gregg saying that Cle looked to shoot and thought offense first.

Comment

• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't disagree that Cle was more of an offense first, defense second, but he became a decent defender. However, to have good blocking and steal numbers, he had to have some reasonable ability to guard. No one on last year's team had the defensive skills to guard well enough to get 80% as many steals.

• Shockm
      Shockm commented
      Editing a comment
      Almost all of Cle’s blocks came from people others were guarding and not his own man. Maybe he was decent. Steals for Fred, Ron, and TC were because of their strength. Cle, too mostly benefitted from those three pressuring the perimeter, and creating bad passes. His steals showed how good they were. Cle was not a good defender. Decent maybe.

• this pg will be a good one

Comment

• Originally posted by G.O.E View Post
      https://youtu.be/qaUr7OM8m34

this pg will be a good one
      hmmm... Freddie II?
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

30% from 3. 39% fg.

Comment

• Low FG%...But a winner and loves the big moments...stats can’t measure that

just a thought

Comment

Low FG%...But a winner and loves the big moments...stats can’t measure that

just a thought
            "Don't trust the large sample size of important attributes, but judge this kid based on a statement like this that can really neither be proven nor disproved because it's so subjective."
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Highlight Videos are just that...I watched him play in the Region 6 Tourney and he is tough as nails. Tourney MVP and most likely will be a Juco All American. He might be a good fit if the others don’t workout

Comment

• 3posts, all on this thread, all about this kid...
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Yes, he did score 1,135 in 2 seasons, but he also averaged 5.7 rebounds, had 63 blocks, and 29 steals both seasons which is 6 more steals than any Shocker did this year (lest we forget).
                  Great point on rebounds and blocks. I personally thought Cle's benefit to the D was his backside help presence. He was great at altering shots from the backside. That team was so long, they deterred a lot of good looks during their runs. That is an easily overlooked part of their success.
                  Last edited by GreatWhiteBuffalo; April 2, 2018, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• Shockdaworld...I didn’t know you started on this forum with 4K post...I’m just sayin

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
                      ShockdaWorld commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I didn’t. Also didn’t come in with what appeared to be an agenda about one specific JuCo player. Welcome to Shockernet.

• pie n eye
                      pie n eye commented
                      Editing a comment
                      An agenda? Lmao

• Thought this thread is about the team next year? PG is the highest priority

Comment

Has some D1 recruiting interest. Current interest seems to be mostly UNO and UM-W T%ulsa took a look, but last reported interest was last July.

Originally signed with IUPUI out of HS, but asked out of his commitment.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...0745887e9.html
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• It's a safe bet the WSU staff is aware of him. What they do with that awareness, we'll see. But I'm confident they'll come up with a player or two worth having.

Comment

• My ultimate wish is to very soon see another Shocker team with four players who can match the skills and talent of one each Fred, Ron, Cotton, and Cle.

Comment

• You get 13 scholarship players... realistically 6-7 is your main rotation...Gregg gets paid to recruit and make it work... some years are great... And are average... But hardly does he ever put out a team that doesn't compete year in and year out... We will be fine

Comment

Working...
                            X