Thank you Seniors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Seniors

I won't let this very disappointing game diminish what this Senior class did for this program. One game won't ruin the vast majority of great memories I have for these fellas. I wish you all well in your future endeavors....good luck to you all.

Well said. We can pick things apart until the cows come home, but those gentlemen played hard and represented us well. Thank you all.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
      Well said. We can pick things apart until the cows come home, but those gentlemen played hard and represented us well. Thank you all.
      +1
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Very proud of these young men. I will miss them.
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I will miss all of them. Time goes by so fast. It seems like just yesterday that Shaq was a freshmen and now he is gone.

Comment

thank you, seniors, for an incredible couple of years & for leading us into a new conference!
            You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Thank you to the group. My son shed tears when he realized he wouldn’t get to watch them again.

As time moves forward you remeber every player for their best moments.

Zach’s freshmen NCAA tournament was awesome. He had a number of game changing highlights. Last year he destroyed ISU red!

Rashard had game winners and the infamous Double Block

Rauno had the left hook! Made some big threes and defensed legit bigs in the tournament

CF’s final third of the junior campaign was insanely good! Today should have been a game that was remembered for his multiple killer shots.

Shaq was a monster this year and always had highlight real plays.

Willis made buckets when our offense sputtered. His quick first step was hard to comprehend. Had breakout games against power conference opponents.

Comment

In addition to thanking the seniors for years of hard work, also want to thank Austin Reaves for putting his body on the line throughout this season...Austin, get stronger and healthy this off season...

Comment

The best stats of all:

Girlfriends punched: Zero.

Mysterious car accidents no one can seem to figure out: Zero.

Police chases and/or trips to jail: Zero.

Kids for whom they modeled well: Thousands.

That part will always be my favorite about the kids in the program now.

Kelly deserves special praise for grinding out the tough stuff on a team where fewer than we're used to enjoyed that part of the game.

Comment

My favorite memories by the seniors:

The great representation of WSU and Wichita. The lack of "I", "hmm", "you know", and other repetitive colloquialisms in the interviews. The "yes, sir" attitude, whether actually in words or simply in respectful answers.

The extra pass, the screen walls, the floor burns, the involvement when on the bench, coachability, the rebound fights, the sweet threes and most of the FTs, and the coaching of the young 'uns. The commitment to each other, the team and the coaches.

Thank you, Seniors. Thanks to all the others on the team, including the walkons, the redshirts, the managers, the trainers and the coaches.

Thanks for taking us through the thrilling experiences of a tough non-con, a newer and tougher conference, the 25 wins and even the competitive losses (average of 5 points).

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                    X