No announcement yet.

Annual melt down thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This team was lacking in not only talent, but toughness. You can get by on lack of talent if you have the toughness. The issue is we lose what toughness we did have...

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
      Shamet probably needs to come back and play off the ball, but I bet he leaves.
      I would be surprised if Shamet leaves now.

He's been hovering on the line between the first and second rounds for a while now. A great performance in the Tournament would have risen his stock to the point where I would think he would go.

Today was the opposite of a great performance for Shamet. He looked bad.

I predict that (1) Shamet stays; and (2) there's a shakeup in our assistant coaches in the coming months.

Sadly, a bullet in the head of this season may have been the only thing that could right this ship.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Rlh04d
          Rlh04d commented
          Editing a comment
          Has Muller ever made the tournament?

• SHOCKvalue
          SHOCKvalue commented
          Editing a comment
          No Muller has never been to the NCAA’s.

• Walker
          Walker commented
          Editing a comment
          Shouldn’t Muller’s ass be heading to cell block D at the state penitentiary looking for his 2018-2019 class?

Even after all the dirty crap we’ve put up with from Muller and the Redbirds over the years, 3G had a lot a class last year after the Valley tournament and congratulated him on a good year and said he thought they should be in the tournament, he probably wanted to vomit afterwards but he still said it. Then Muller takes such a petty jab at this time. That dude is the most classless jerk in college basketball.

Petty douchbag

Comment

Surprised he could find his phone in his giant zuit suit to tweet that out.

Didn't he put his name in the hat for the Dayton job? It's really cool to be in the valley when nobody else wants you!
          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Ok i'm done. On to baseball season.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

No melting down for me. Points off turnovers was 27-7 in Marshall U. favor. I have no excuses because we had the most experienced team at the Dance and prolly the most floor time minutes on the for players on any team Dancing too. Even so, i love our beloved Shocks.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post

You are talking MLB right? Because WSU baseball is well....not a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post

Take me with you in your time machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
                    I will try and keep this level headed.

Our coaching staff did us no favors this year. We usually looked unprepared for games and had to play from behind in what seems like most of the first halves. I don't pretend to know more than them, but wow that season left a lot to be desired from the top down.

We had a very soft team this year- stupid turnovers, lackadaisical play, no defensive intensity. It was sad to see how much regression took place with essentially the same team as last year.

I'm probably overreacting, but other than Shaq did anyone else on this team get better as the year went on? I can't recall anyone. I certainly appreciate and am thankful for what all the seniors and others who may leave did for the program, but I am not sad to have the chance to see new faces and a team that is tougher. We need a reset and a change in culture/attitude from what we witnessed this year.

There were some good moments and happy times, but overall it was a frustrating and disappointing year. Next November can't get here soon enough.
                    Rashard Kelly improved and was a beast and LEADER. Others improved in streaks, but never consistently.
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Losing 6 seniors is a lot of subtraction. There will be some addition by subtraction. And no, I'm not going to name names or specify specific situations. The end of this season was not a group of guys pulling for each other. It was a group of guys wanting to get on with the next phase of their lives.

I think Kelly said something that needed to be said, and I believe he put in the work and effort to earn the right to say something. Break down what he said into 2 parts and you get that the seniors weren't all pulling together and the underclassmen made some mistakes. Those two put together took the Shox from a great team to a very good team.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Could be Houston.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          Losing 6 seniors is a lot of subtraction. There will be some addition by subtraction. And no, I'm not going to name names or specify specific situations. The end of this season was not a group of guys pulling for each other. It was a group of guys wanting to get on with the next phase of their lives.

I think Kelly said something that needed to be said, and I believe he put in the work and effort to earn the right to say something. Break down what he said into 2 parts and you get that the seniors weren't all pulling together and the underclassmen made some mistakes. Those two put together took the Shox from a great team to a very good team.
                          Very true, Aargh -- Addition by subtraction is hardly a new phenomenon (we used to see it at times in the glory days of Shocker baseball, too), and I expect that some of it will occur next year.

Just another thought, this one under the heading of addition by addition: to the extent we saw some "Oubre-ism" from the Shocks this year, especially late in the season when one would think it should matter most, I suspect from the way he talks that a guy like Erik Stevenson will bring along a good infusion of Playing Angry next season. He strikes me as having some of X's attitude that, "One of you is going to have to sit." We could use a dose of that -- in fact, the more, the better, because I thought we saw more of it on Friday from the guys in green than the Shocks.
                          Last edited by WSUwatcher; March 18, 2018, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Well. I missed a shitty week of Shocker hoops, but perspective. I got to see some bucket list things. Above the altar is a bronze relief of “The LastnSupper.” If you look at it you will see a piece of wood behind it. That piece of wood is the table from the upper room. The very table Jesus sat at with the twelve the night before his arrest.

Comment

Attended a Mass at the tomb of St. Mark.

Comment

Working...
                              X