2018 General NCAA Tournament Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
    With all the crazy news out there...it's a good story. I'm surprised the media is even picking up on it in this day of age but I suppose snowflakes don't watch sports. I'm also surprised their (the snowflakes) are not protesting her being on tv so much. At least I haven't heard of any yet.
    The problem is the student athletes did all the work to get them here... She's taking all the attention. Why did she even accept a press conference ?

Comment

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe Loyola just figures whatever pub they can get they will take.

• Play Angry
      Play Angry commented
      Editing a comment
      From most of what I've read, the school is basically begging her to let them pimp out her license/advertising rights for all it's worth (without additional compensation), and she's simply going along with their requests. Where do you guys get it from that she's somehow commandeered the spotlight and hijacked the show contrary to the wishes and interests of the school and team?

• I can live with any team winning the NC as long as it is not a Kansas school.

The more I think of this, it is really kind of a shame being a Kansan for my first 22 years of life, but I just calculated that I have thoroughly hated their guts for around 70 years, or more.

Comment

• Sister Jean has been part of the team for years and just like WSU, before they hit the Final 4, most of the country knew little about them. They have a huge endowment, but haven't really committed big resources to sports programs. Guarantee she has been taking a lot of the pressure off the players and put it in Gods hands.
    Not to worry Fever, heard Pope Francis say there isn't a hell. You are safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
      Sister Jean has been part of the team for years and just like WSU, before they hit the Final 4, most of the country knew little about them. They have a huge endowment, but haven't really committed big resources to sports programs. Guarantee she has been taking a lot of the pressure off the players and put it in Gods hands.
      You need to let it go, Wedel.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
        Sister Jean has been part of the team for years and just like WSU, before they hit the Final 4, most of the country knew little about them. They have a huge endowment, but haven't really committed big resources to sports programs. Guarantee she has been taking a lot of the pressure off the players and put it in Gods hands.
        Did he really say that?
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Go Big Blue
        The Assman

Comment

• My head wants Michigan to win but I can’t help but get chills every time Loyola scores. Fun stuff.

Comment

• Shock Top
            Shock Top commented
            Editing a comment
            If Loyola wasn’t in the Valley, it would be easier to root for them. The Valley is dead to me.

• Seriously. I wish WSU had this kind of path to the Final Four when they made it.

Credit to Loyola for winning, but it’s unarguable that WSU’s path was harder.
          The Assman

Comment

• ShockerEngr
            ShockerEngr commented
            Editing a comment
            Credit to them though, they've beaten the teams put in front of them. The reason they've had an 'easier' path is the lower seeds couldn't manage that.

• Shock Top
            Shock Top commented
            Editing a comment
            Didn’t I say “credit to Loyola”?

• Ballgame.
          The Assman

Comment

• Loyola plays great defense. I miss Cotton.
            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Both teams perimeter defense are outstanding. They both push their opponent way off the line and are right there when the pass is made to front the receiver. I can see why they made it to the FF.

By the way, Loyola's big man, Cameron Krutwig is just a freshman and is 6'9", 260lbs holding his own against MU's 7 footer. Damn I wish Asbjorn was just as good. Krutwig is shooting 60 percent and averaging 10 PPG - very impressive. If AM produced just like this kid, we definitely would be in the FF right now.

Comment

• AndShock
                AndShock commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes. Not having a good center was our Achilles’ heel.

• Rocky Mountain Shock
                Rocky Mountain Shock commented
                Editing a comment
                ^^^ That made me literally laugh out loud

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
              Loyola plays great defense. I miss Cotton.

Since we've left the Valley our D has been less effective, but, our O has been much better it seems.

Comment

• Anyone been watching the Loyola TeamCast? Think I’m gonna switch to it for the 2nd half assuming their guys aren’t terrible.

Comment

• I am absolutely rooting for the Ramblers. This is a great underdog story. I love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                    Cameron Krutwig is just a freshman and is 6'9", 260lbs holding his own against MU's 7 footer. Damn I wish Asbjorn was just as good. Krutwig is shooting 60 percent and averaging 10 PPG - very impressive. If AM produced just like this kid, we definitely would be in the FF right now.
                    ddd0a5b331ba7e87778e9187017d2120--silly-quotes-humor-quotes.jpg

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                    X