2018 General NCAA Tournament Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    If Loyola wins, the joke is on us. If KState wins, the joke is on the Chickenhawks if they don’t make the Final Four.

As much as I hate to admit it, the Big 12 is more than pulling their weight.
    Even a blind squirrel....
    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• More Loyola fans at the game tonight than at all home games combined this year?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Not sure why, but the more I watch of the tournament, the more upset I’m getting about the Shocker’s debacle last Friday. I’m seeing teams play a brand (many brands) of basketball that we just weren’t up to. Grrrrrrr!

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
          ShockingButTrue commented
          Editing a comment
          I hate to say it but: After watching the 1st round last Thursday, and the level of guard play on display, I started to wonder if we were up to it. I thought we were in Nov. and Dec. but down the stretch our perimeter game seemed somewhat lacking.

• Glad K-State won. I dunno, I just don't have much hate for them. They're kinda like a cute teddy bear, a cute mid story. Kentucky can go **** themselves. Their fanbase has ruined it for eternity with me. So glad they're out of it again.

Sisten Jean getting on the NCAA post game podium? Look, I like a great story and it's great for her to experience that, but the media is absolutely killing this thing to death. Really getting tired of hearing about it every 30 seconds.

LOLoyola is definitely a one-hit wonder. They'll be a mid pack Valley team next year and will never be heard from again. Some idiot might actually hire Moser out of there this year. LOLoyola vs. K-State? Gotta root for K-State unfortunately. Dan Muller absolutely ruined any Valley sympathy I had for the rest of eternity. He is afterall the reason Loyola is in the Elite 8. Nope. Screw that.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Woodrow
          Woodrow commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm conflicted on who I want to win that game. I still like being the last final 4 team from Kansas. Kinda hope it stays that way.

• Would kstate end up beating a ranked team on their path to the f4?

Comment

• jdshock
          jdshock commented
          Editing a comment
          Kentucky

• Happy for Bruce and K-State over the sleazy program at Kentucky. Love Loyola's run but will be rooting for K-State in that game. Unlike the Phog Net opinion, I think Weber is a good coach. Now Marshall needs to go out and get a good point guard...

Comment

• Am I the only one thinking that Loyola should be thanking WSU for leaving the Valley? Without the Shocks departure, Loyola is an NIT team with an awesome record; Valley would not be a two-bid league.

I agree with the previously expressed sentiment that this tournament is only aggravating me with some of these teams I see winning games. Granted, I'm sure there are several really good teams and fan bases that are experiencing the same frustrations.

Can it be next season yet?

Comment

• Shocker85
            Shocker85 commented
            Editing a comment
            Anything but a sure thing this season's WSU team would have been the MVC auto-bid. Then who would have been in the NIT?

• GreatWhiteBuffalo
            GreatWhiteBuffalo commented
            Editing a comment
            There is never a "sure thing" that any team will win. That said WSU would easily be the odds-on favorite to win the Valley and had the mental edge on everyone in that league. I firmly believe WSU would have won the MVC. If not, they MIGHT get an at-large bid based on their reputation...if they were a 3 or 4-loss team (OU, ND, perhaps at Loyola...maybe a stinker in Arch Madness).

• 1979Shocker
            1979Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            The way Loyola looked in that game against Nevada, I don't see how we wouldn't have swept Loyola if we were still in the MVC.

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Glad K-State won. I dunno, I just don't have much hate for them. They're kinda like a cute teddy bear, a cute mid story. Kentucky can go **** themselves. Their fanbase has ruined it for eternity with me. So glad they're out of it again.

Sisten Jean getting on the NCAA post game podium? Look, I like a great story and it's great for her to experience that, but the media is absolutely killing this thing to death. Really getting tired of hearing about it every 30 seconds.

LOLoyola is definitely a one-hit wonder. They'll be a mid pack Valley team next year and will never be heard from again. Some idiot might actually hire Moser out of there this year. LOLoyola vs. K-State? Gotta root for K-State unfortunately. Dan Muller absolutely ruined any Valley sympathy I had for the rest of eternity. He is afterall the reason Loyola is in the Elite 8. Nope. Screw that.
          Loyola will be good again next year. They return POY Custer, Townes, and the freshman center. They have some talent on the bench as well.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Random thoughts: WSU is out this year and I am over it. KY losing is always a treat. Happy for Loyola fans. I know the giddiness they are feeling! For the rest of the tourney, I’m a Ramblers fan!

Comment

• Custer could be a grad transfer.........

Comment

• ShockCrazy
                ShockCrazy commented
                Editing a comment
                WuDrWu Nope. You can use your grad transfer regardless of previous status.

• 1972Shocker
                1972Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                There are a few more hoops to jump through if a student-athlete has previosly transfered. A player can still get a graduate transfer but if he/she has already transferred once the player must apply for a Graduate Transfer Waiver.

For a graduate transfer the student-athlete meets the other requirements of the one-time transfer exception. Those requirements inlclude not having previously transferred from another four-year school. The graduate transfer waiver is now typically used by athletes who have previous transferred once before and so cannot use the one-time transfer exception (even as a graduate student).

My guess is that in most cases these waivers are granted.

The transfer process has a complex mix of rules and regulations that determine when and where athletes can transfer and if and when they can receive a
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 23, 2018, 09:21 AM.

• shoxlax
                shoxlax commented
                Editing a comment
                Actually Townes could be too for that matter.

• Kentucky is not a good basketball team. They have a roster full of long freakishly athletic players which is enough to disrupt about anyone and also win a lot of games. It would be frustrating to be a Kentucky fan and see a roster so full of promise get turned over year after year.

Comment

• Shocktoberfest
                Shocktoberfest commented
                Editing a comment
                Agreed. Rooting for Kentucky would be what Seinfeld called “cheering for laundry.”

• When was the last time a UK player shot TWENTY free throws in one game ? PJ Washington got the Yante Maten treatment tonight..but only after it was apparent that he was a mess at the free throw line. Everybody in the building knew he was going to keep missing free throws. It was written all over...

I love this one. The refs screwed us because they put Washington on the line 20 times. That's right the refs knew he would miss so many, they kept calling fouls to put him on the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/t...onight.263230/

I love this one. The refs screwed us because they put Washington on the line 20 times. That's right the refs knew he would miss so many, they kept calling fouls to put him on the line.
                Priceless.

To be honest, I thought K-State should have gone to hack-a-Shaq on Washington in the last two minutes. Bring in some dude from the END of the bench like OU did to Doke. Also thought they would certainly foul before Kentucky could get a look at a three. Worked out well for the Purple tho. Good for them.

Comment

• UNI fans logic...."Loyola won more games then the American combined, therefore the MVC is better then the AAC"

Comment

• Stickboy46
                    Stickboy46 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yet, Loyola still needs to win 1 more game to just match the number of credits the AAC will get .... Which - unless you win it all ... is all that matters.

• Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post

Priceless.

To be honest, I thought K-State should have gone to hack-a-Shaq on Washington in the last two minutes. Bring in some dude from the END of the bench like OU did to Doke. Also thought they would certainly foul before Kentucky could get a look at a three. Worked out well for the Purple tho. Good for them.
                  I don't think K-State should have fouled at the end. All of their big guys had already fouled out or were injured so I don't think Weber could afford to take a chance on being able to get a rebound on a missed FT.
                  Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• GreatWhiteBuffalo
                    GreatWhiteBuffalo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Fair enough.

• 1979Shocker
                    1979Shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Coach Marshall said they did the right thing by not fouling.
                Working...
                X