No announcement yet.

2018 General NCAA Tournament Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Loyola hadn't won the Valley tournament they probably, no, absolutely, wouldn't have gotten an invite.

Then we wouldn't have had the opportunity to see how they stacked up against an SEC power... Oh, wait...

Comment

• UConn women edged past St. Francis (PA) today in a #1 vs #16 matchup 140-52.

And if your guess is women's college basketball lacks parity you would be right as rain (which I hope we get tomorrow night).

However, the have been a few upsets today from teams seeded in the 9 through 12 range including 11 seed Buffalo beating 6 seed South Florida 102-79 (Not a good look for the AAC but Buffalo having a fun post season between their men and women).

So while the women's game is still pretty top heavy perhaps some progress is being made below the cream on top.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 17, 2018, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
        I want to root for Loyola but the dip****s in the MVC make it hard.
        Originally posted by shoxilla View Post
        and WON !
        Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Oh my Loyola
        Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Against all logic, it seems that adding Loyola might have been the right decision after all.
        Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
        Loyola-Tennessee a nice win for the MVC....
        Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
        Awesome Loyola! Now the refs are screwing Gonzaga though. Some bad calls and no-calls.
        Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
        Awesome for Loyola! No reason to hold IlSU douchiness against them.

On the other hand, they better pray Nevada knocks off Cinci.
        DON'T BOTHER WITH THE CONGRATS.

After they beat Miami, myself and 3 other SN'rs went over to their board and posted congratulations.

I went over again to day to do the same. I noticed that no other Valley team posters had gone to their board for good wishes on either game, but a few of Loyola's posters managed to lay crap on WSU.

So, I posted:
        I came on here again to congratulate you guys on your victory over TN and wish you well in the S16.

I noticed 3 of my other Shocker mates had done as I did on your first win over Miami.

However, I didn't see any of your conference mates wishing you well, but I did see you managed to put crap on WSU.

Well, have fun with your good buds in the Valley and you (all 7 or 8 of you that post here) can stick it where the sun don't shine.

Comment

• Shox The Revenant
          Shox The Revenant commented
          Editing a comment
          The Valley fans are weird. Gregg Marshall never 'dissed' a particular Valley program, he was simply exasperated at the lack of respect WSU would get from the selection committee because they were IN the Valley and it hurt them come tournament time. I have no idea how or why Valley fans took Gregg's comments as a personal attack. I never had an issue with Loyola because we never had enough time to either hate or like each other. Now they can go jump off a mountain for all I care. They catch lightning in a bottle and all of a sudden they act like they're the schitt? Gimme a break.

• Rlh04d
          Rlh04d commented
          Editing a comment
          To be perfectly honest, Loyola deserves to hate us. The **** we threw on them the moment they joined was a bit overwhelming. I don't think we were wrong in our reasoning, but I also think whether we were right or wrong, they're right to hold a grudge. My issue with them was never that there was no chance they could eventually become a great part of the conference -- it was that we replaced an every-year-tournament team with a long-term project. Who have possibly turned out to be a medium-term project. Had we replaced Evansville with Loyola, I think fans here would have been absolutely okay with that, if not very happy.

But let's be honest, the Loyola addition was the worst possible choice for us where we were at that moment, and we heaped scorn on them as if it was their fault. We never really welcomed them to the conference. If they want to hold a grudge, it's justified. How have we reacted to UConn fans bitter about our addition to the American? Obviously not the same thing, since we're actually successful, but still -- joining to that reaction generates bad feelings.

And regardless of whether or not they do, I'm still happy for them. I hated their addition because of who they replaced, but I have nothing at all against their program, and I'll cheer for them the rest of the tournament whether they want our support or not.
          Last edited by Rlh04d; March 18, 2018, 08:32 AM.

• Jamar Howard 4 President
          Jamar Howard 4 President commented
          Editing a comment
          The "all 7 or 8 of you that post here" is the key. Don't put too much stock into the culture of a subset of frat kids so small they all can fit into their mom's minivan on the weekends.

• KU gets away with a walk before a critical 3 lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

After they beat Miami, myself and 3 other SN'rs went over to their board and posted congratulations.

I went over again to day to do the same. I noticed that no other Valley team posters had gone to their board for good wishes on either game, but a few of Loyola's posters managed to lay crap on WSU.

So, I posted:
          I came on here again to congratulate you guys on your victory over TN and wish you well in the S16.

I noticed 3 of my other Shocker mates had done as I did on your first win over Miami.

However, I didn't see any of your conference mates wishing you well, but I did see you managed to put crap on WSU.

Well, have fun with your good buds in the Valley and you (all 7 or 8 of you that post here) can stick it where the sun don't shine.
          Ironic part... We don't leave... They likely miss the tourney

Comment

• ShauXTyme
            ShauXTyme commented
            Editing a comment
            They wouldn't have been in the tourney because we were better than them this year?

• Rlh04d
            Rlh04d commented
            Editing a comment
            With our history in St. Louis, they probably lose the regular season and win the auto bid.
            Last edited by Rlh04d; March 18, 2018, 09:01 AM.

• Refs had to make sure Seton Hall couldn't make another shot with that illegal screen call.

Comment

• That illegal screen call was as bogus a call as I've ever seen, and I've seen some bad ones. My God. That ref earned his money though, because Carrington buried the three that didn't count.
            "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• We know the NCAA is corrupt. I'm sure Rasmussen prefers to have KU playing in Omaha next week.
              Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
                That illegal screen call was as bogus a call as I've ever seen, and I've seen some bad ones. My God. That ref earned his money though, because Carrington buried the three that didn't count.
                Then immediately after that he stops KU from getting a 5 second call so he can "warn" SH to give the inbounder more room

Comment

• “So while the women's game is still pretty top heavy perhaps some progress is being made below the cream on top.”
                Hope nobody reports you for this sexist comment!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

So, I posted:

You're actually surprised fans of Valley teams are hanging crap on WSU. What did you expect? They know we've spent the whole season talking about how glad we are to be out of their crappy league. Now they go beat two high seeds in the tourney, while we lose in the first round to a 4th place, 10 loss team from Conference USA. They have scoreboard and we don't have sh*t. You must not remember all the butt hurt around here when Creighton bolted the Valley for the Big East. Valley fans are enjoying the hell out of this and I don't blame them. I still love it every time Creighton loses and I'm pretty sure most Valley fans are feeling the same way about the Shockers. You think it's bad now. Next year may be REALLY ugly

Comment

• Lady in red sitting next to Big E??? Anyone catch that?

Comment

• proshox
                      proshox commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Haha

• Gray trying too hard to get AAC ref treatment. Just needs to trust his teammates.

Comment

• ......onions

Comment

• Houston seems better at not closing out games than the Shox.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                      X