No announcement yet.

2018 General NCAA Tournament Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved hearing the Dayton crowd support for fellow A10 member SBU.
    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Bonnies/Bruins was a good game. The Bonnies were loose and relaxed, UCLA wasn't...

Comment

Freaking Cuse ASU game is brutal.

Comment

• Mr. Pickle
          Mr. Pickle commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed. Just generally bad basketball, dumb turnovers, out of control play, and tons of ill advised threes. Either team seems destined for a loss next round.

PAC-12 exposed

Comment

• Rlh04d
          Rlh04d commented
          Editing a comment
          ShockTalk Is that actually a defense of the P12 or a condemnation of the RPI system? If you use KenPom, for instance, there were 10 ACC teams in the top 42 -- the second best P12 team (USC) comes in at #45. And the five lowest ranked P12 teams were ranked below the third worst ACC team -- effectively matching 42% of the P12 to 13% of the ACC. Which correlates far, far better with NCAA tournament representation.

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          My bad Rlh04d. Typing to fast or thinking to slow. I didn't mean ACC, but AAC. Sorry.

• Rlh04d
          Rlh04d commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah, that would definitely explain it -- I was assuming RPI was particularly awful this year. Then yeah, the P12 matches up relatively favorably with the AAC, with the exception that the AAC is very top heavy, with three teams better than the best P12 team. Granted, the UCF/SMU injuries beat up on the middle American team rankings.

NIT, not NCAA, but I thought this was absolutely crazy:

Comment

• RoyalShock
          RoyalShock commented
          Editing a comment
          Is that Zelton Sneed?

• Rlh04d
          Rlh04d commented
          Editing a comment
          That is absolutely unbelievable. How can he possibly penalize the team for something he caused?

• Kung Wu
          Kung Wu commented
          Editing a comment
          Can't comment for basketball, but in soccer it's absolutely the correct call. The ref is just an extension of the field, so if the last person to touch it was Harvard the ball has to go the other way. If the ref runs into you or you run into the ref has no bearing on that decision. If the ball bounces off the ref, its as if it bounced off the field. The ref will certainly feel bad about it and apologize -- but he made the right call. That said, his positioning on the pitch in that situation would definitely be grounds for review and possibly discipline.

Really fun pace for URI/OU

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
          Really fun pace for URI/OU
          Yeah, good game so far. And this is about the easiest non-GMU game (besides ones with you guys) to favor a team for me: URI's in GMU's conference; OU shouldn't've even been in; plus the mid-vs.-big (though the A10's not quite a "mid" level).

Comment

Anyone know what the spread opened up at in the KU vs Penn game. Currently on 13.5. Seems awfully low for a 1 vs 16 when the 1 is 150 Miles from home.

Comment

Opened at -14. The 538 has an article about the game being the least lopsided 16-1 matchup in tourney history.
              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Slykryck
                Slykryck commented
                Editing a comment
                If the chickenhawks are the first 1 seed to lose to a 16, that would be one happy tourney moment.

Tennessee putting it on Wright State, 21-8

Comment

Does anyone know if we get any of the tournament share money from this year? I know part of the stipulations of us joining had something to do with not getting all the shares.

Comment

Penn up at the first media timeout.

Comment

• ShockerPrez
                    ShockerPrez commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It would just be funny to be in doubt in the 2nd half...

C'mon Rams
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Lot of empty seats at Intrust. A bit surprised by that since the 'home' team is currently playing.

Comment

• Walker
                      Walker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If any Shocker fans bought tickets for the sole purpose of not going so the seats would be empty for this one...I salute you.

• Rlh04d
                      Rlh04d commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'd salute them more if they were there to boo and take away any home court advantage.

• Walker
                      Walker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Even better. A sign with Bill Self handing Billy Preston keys to an Audi would be pretty savage too.

Watching OU/URI but 4 fouls to 0 in the KU game? I’m sure they’re blaming the refs that they’re losing to a 16 seed.

Comment

Working...
                    X