UMKC game weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMKC game weather

6" of snow friday night- 50% chance Sat for more. Will this stiffel WSU attendance?

:goshocks: 8) 8)
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Re: UMKC game weather

Originally posted by kcshocker11
    6" of snow friday night- 50% chance Sat for more. Will this stiffel WSU attendance?

I doubt it'll do too much to the attendance.

Although I'll admit that I'm not looking forward to the drive home I have to make on Friday night. If this weather moves in while I'm working it's going to be a long drive home.

Come to think of it....if it does get to around 6" then it could do some damage to attendance. That is a long way to drive if the roads are bad. But I think I heard that things should clear up by late saturday. If the crap stops soon enough that people are comfortable that the road crews will have the roads in decent shape, they'd probably go ahead and make the trek knowing it won't get any worse. Unlike last time when it snowed before, during and after. That drive home sucked.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Re: UMKC game weather

Originally posted by SubGod22
      Originally posted by kcshocker11

I doubt it'll do too much to the attendance.

Although I'll admit that I'm not looking forward to the drive home I have to make on Friday night. If this weather moves in while I'm working it's going to be a long drive home.

Come to think of it....if it does get to around 6" then it could do some damage to attendance. That is a long way to drive if the roads are bad. But I think I heard that things should clear up by late saturday. If the crap stops soon enough that people are comfortable that the road crews will have the roads in decent shape, they'd probably go ahead and make the trek knowing it won't get any worse. Unlike last time when it snowed before, during and after. That drive home sucked.
      thankfully its a drive up i-35.... where the roads will be worke don all night. :)
      "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
      CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Come up tonight, and you'll miss most of the weather.

Go visit the Plaza, I'm sure it'll look pretty cool with a little snow.

Comment

vbird would know, he lives in KC

Comment

Originally posted by verbeak
            vbird would know, he lives in KC
            Hey Beak: Thanks for the props.

:-x :-x :-x :-x

Comment

Or you could go up tonight and see the big kid play.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

I'm in Olathe and we are starting to get a dusting of snow.

Comment

I'm in ICT and JJ Clamdip's courage has turned to sh*t. My garage door has 8' of snow against it and I cannot get my car out.

His sweet wife said JJ is cowering under the bed.

This is the same guy, who says that God hates a coward.

Go figger.

Comment

I just got back from Moundridge tonight and it's not horrible. Granted, between there and Newton wasn't the greatest but traffic was flowing well enough and the trucks were out trying to get something accomplished. Between Newton and home here things picked up and the roads weren't that bad at all. North of Moundridge has been hit pretty good. We were hearing reports of 7" already and it's still coming down. But if you stay to the main roads it shouldn't be too bad. Just allow for extra time because you're not going to be going 70+
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                      I just got back from Moundridge tonight and it's not horrible. Granted, between there and Newton wasn't the greatest but traffic was flowing well enough and the trucks were out trying to get something accomplished. Between Newton and home here things picked up and the roads weren't that bad at all. North of Moundridge has been hit pretty good. We were hearing reports of 7" already and it's still coming down. But if you stay to the main roads it shouldn't be too bad. Just allow for extra time because you're not going to be going 70+
                      Looks like we got 4-6 inches on west side of the I-435 loop. Havent been on the roads yet, but I would imagine things aren't too bad up here.

Just be careful coming up on I-35 through the Flint Hills, it's not a forgiving road if you have to go off of it....
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

My group of 6 may be down to 4 but I am going for it.

See Ya at the Prep rally!

SLK

Comment

I'm in ICT and JJ Clamdip's courage has turned to sh*t. My garage door has 8' of snow against it and I cannot get my car out.

His sweet wife said JJ is cowering under the bed.

This is the same guy, who says that God hates a coward.

Go figger.
                          I had breakfast with JJ this morning and he said you are full of shi*.

The three old women he was going to drive up started wringing their hands worrying about the weather on Wednesday afternoon and did not stop whining until he called it off.
                          Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X