WSU Versus Marshall NCAA Dance Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Marshall NCAA Dance Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. It's Marshall versus Marshall and the Shocker Marshall will prevail. Almost sounds like a Law firm. Marshall and Marshall? Marshall Law for sure, for sure. Next, this will Not be the last Prediction Thread so there is that. Marshall U. is 24-10 and plays in Conference USA and have waited 31 years to Dance? No Cinderella in our bracket playing us, thank you very much. Jon Elmore is a key player for them that will be on the Shocker radar.

The Shocks will win this game and then would play the winner of W. Virginia vs Murray State. Look for solid guard play by the Shocks in this first game led by LS and Shaq will lead our bigs with a double/double. The Shocks will win by 9 and probably then play W. Virginia which would be a very interesting game. However, our beloved Shocks have to beat the Thundering Herd first and I believe we will do just that. This is what we been dreaming for and now is the time for all good Shocks to come to the aid of their basketball team. Mr. Frankamp will swish 5 three pointers just because it will be his time to do some March Madness of his own.

WSU/Marshall-----------------86

Marshall/Thundering Herd--77
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

I fully expect and DEMAND that the Shockers win this game. Prince McJunkins 90-Randy Moss 75.

Comment

I saw on Twitter that HCGM was an assistant at Marshall for a couple of years. If I knew that, I had forgotten it.

Comment

Marshall's forums:

​​​​​​​https://marshall.forums.rivals.com/f...erd-nation.10/

Comment

This game may get into the 100s. Marshall is the 12th highest scoring offense out of 351 D1 programs. Wichita St. is the 20th ranked scoring offense. Marshall's defense however is ranked 321st, while we're ranked 152nd.

They appear to have good depth as 9 of their players play 10 or more minutes per game compared to 10 players for the Shox. Marshall is certainly capable of 'hanging' with the Shox as they lost at Xavier 81 - 77 early in the season. That's one tough place to play and losing only by 4 is impressive.

We struggle in tight defensive games and we won't have to worry about Marshall giving us any grief. I'm predicting a 93 - 81 victory over the Herd.

Comment

So the CBS talking heads say we are "the easiest path to the Final 4".
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Two big games for Marshall were losses to both Illinois 91-74 and to Xavier 81-77. They defeated W. Kentucky in the Conference Tourney as Jon Elmore scored 27 for the Herd that Thunders.

Comment

I don't know bout anyone else but I am stoked to participate in the second least productive workweek annually.

Go AAC!

Go Shocks!!
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Donnie Jones was the Head Coach there too.

Comment

I saw Marshall play yesterday. They will shoot lots of 3 pointers and lots from 25’ or longer too.

Comment

• Shox The Revenant
                      Shox The Revenant commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And I want our coaching staff to remind our players to guard them from that far out. If they start knocking down the long stuff early in the game and get their confidence going, it could be a long game. I'm hoping Marshall kind of overlooks us hoping they can get a match up with West Virginia. Their relationship with them is not so different than how WSU/KU is, kind of. They absolutely despise West Virginia and would love nothing more than to get a chance at them.

• GreatWhiteBuffalo
                      GreatWhiteBuffalo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Great. The one area of the floor WSU refuses to guard.

Comment

I had shared quotes from their coach earlier today. That was one of the best interviews of the year. So i guess i should not be surprised we will play them.

Comment

The Shocks will need to be on Jon Elmore like a cheap suit. He can stroke it and he can score.

Comment

Time is <removed> per one of the Marshall posters.

Edit: Per ESPN it is at 1:30 EST on TNT. This can be seen below.

ESPN has the full 2023-24 Wichita State Shockers Regular Season NCAAM schedule. Includes game times, TV listings and ticket information for all Shockers games.

Last edited by Ixiah; March 11, 2018, 07:24 PM. Reason: Marshall poster had the incorrect info.

Comment

TruTv is 2051 on Cox.

Comment

Working...
                            X