Official Selection Show Watch Party Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Coog89 View Post
    OK, boys. We're headed your way. Would love to see some of you out cheering on the Coogs and your favorite player, Rob Gray.
    I'll be cheering every time a foul is called on Robbie.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Shox The Revenant
      Shox The Revenant commented
      Editing a comment
      C'mon Fev, you don't really mean that do you? We want Houston to earn some money for us right?

• asiseeit
      asiseeit commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't hold your breath - fouls are not allowed to be called on him

• ShockerFever
      ShockerFever commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry KC. I didn't appreciate the "shhh" treatment on Saturday. If he wants us to shhh, then I'll shhh.

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
    People keep talking about Ok State but have any of you watched them more than the KU and WSU games? Or even just looked at their resume? Honestly they got listed far closer to the bubble than they should. RPI in the 80s 5 and freaking 12 in q1 games. 8-14 against q1 and 2. Not even close.
    They beat a ranked Seminole team before conference play even started, handled the Horns, won in Morgantown against a ranked team, beat #6 Texas Tech, beat the Chickens twice, and finally, won 2 of 3 against the sooners.

Comment

• I'll be cheering for Houston. Maybe not Rob Gray, but Houston.
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        The more games that Houston wins ... The better the conference looks and the more money that comes in. I'll cheer them on
        I'll be cheering on the Shockers and the Bearcats. Good luck to all. I would love it if all 3 of us made it to the Final 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

They beat a ranked Seminole team before conference play even started, handled the Horns, won in Morgantown against a ranked team, beat #6 Texas Tech, beat the Chickens twice, and finally, won 2 of 3 against the sooners.
          Awesome! They also took 17 attempts to get there.

Comment

• If anyone is curious - the only other Valley team (besides Loyola) in the postseason was Drake (CIT).

Comment

• ShockTalk
              ShockTalk commented
              Editing a comment
              No team was really NIT worthy and for any other teams to play in a tourney means spending money to do so. That's a problem.

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            Cincy and WSU treated pretty fairly. Houston could make an easy argument for a slightly better seed.
            I think Houston’s non con SOS caught up to them.

Comment

• WSU grabbing the 4 seed is huge. Big drop off from 12s to 13s. KenPom has the 5s chances between 63-74%, WSU at 84%.

Comment

• Wasn't our best seed recently a 5 in 2012? This is huge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  Wasn't our best seed recently a 5 in 2012? This is huge.
                  1 in 2014.
                  Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, Shockm -- this is the best 21st century seed for a Shocker team that has lost a game

• Creighton vs K-State on Friday. Hmmm, let's root for .......... a Tiger Woods come back at the Arnie Palmer Invitational!
                  Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post

1 in 2014.
                    Well we were undefeated for that so it doesn't really count.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                      Wasn't our best seed recently a 5 in 2012? This is huge.
                      My meter has got to be broken.

Comment

• KU and OU really took advantage of all their quality losses. When is the last time you saw a 1 seed with 7 losses? Or a team with 13 losses in the tournament? Kind of have to include Syracuse in there, but I was going for local teams. Missouri with only 12 losses hardly makes a ripple this year.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• shocks02
                        shocks02 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        BCS schools get in with 13 or 14 losses all the time. Heck, Vanderbilt got in out of the SEC with 15 losses last season and the SEC wasn't even that good.

• Originally posted by Coog89 View Post
                      OK, boys. We're headed your way. Would love to see some of you out cheering on the Coogs and your favorite player, Rob Gray.
                      Your boy Rob has requested we "shh", so i will oblige.

Comment

Working...
                      X