Official Selection Show Watch Party Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Ok CBB, where is the perfect pod for us since you're so mad?
    Responding only because it has to do with basketball:

The Midwest, assuming Kansas lacks Azubuike, otherwise the South. I'm pretty confident we match up well with a Kansas team that literally doesn't have a post player, and Clemson is closer to the type of team I want to face, defensive oriented teams a la Cincinnati with somewhat of a reliance on a traditional big. KU without a post is one of the most likely 1 seed upsets in the history of the tournament, meaning we have a really good shot at getting to the Elite 8 without wearing black. And even with Azubuike, I'm not sure KU matches up super well against us because I'm not sure they could handle Shaq.

Otherwise, like I said above I'd prefer a defensive team to an offensive one so I'd prefer Virginia to Villanova. Both are good, the two best teams in the Dance by any statistical analysis, but judging by Cincinnati I think we could play above our normal level against Virginia and have something close to a 50/50 game. Whereas Villanova is like a supercharged Houston, with the best duo in basketball in Mikal Bridges and Jalen Brunson and 3 other guys that can absolutely light it up from deep. Of course, the other side of the equation is getting to that game. Kentucky is scary 5.

Comment

• I really do hope OU has to play Duke. It’d be great to see what Grayson would do to Tre. Would he kick him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
        Would he kick him?
        Right in the grapes!

An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Really fun regional for WSU fans. Added bonus getting to root for NMSU and Charleston. Clemson and Auburn don't even know they just got screwed with fan support.

Comment

• We lost last time we played in Viejas btw.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
              We lost last time we played in Viejas btw.
              No Kawhi Leonard this time.

Comment

• Don’t think Tre will get a chance, I’ll take RI. like our chances against Marshal, West Virginia second game will take a all-hands on deck effort

Comment

• I'll be rooting for K-State in their first game. No question.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I don't remember being so not pissed on selection Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      Yep, definitely lucked out in a Fri/Sun draw. Works well for those attending here.
                      I’m extremely excited for the Friday/Sunday draw. Moving on Saturday. TV will be the last thing taken down on Friday and the first thing up on Sunday.

Comment

• OU got in cause of Tre Young. Really a joke. For them to go 2-8 down the stretch and really look bad at it and OSU beating Kansas twice and OU in tourney and not getting in is sad. I thought it’s how you finish

Comment

• Jamar Howard 4 President
                          Jamar Howard 4 President commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Blackmag, the committee officially removed the “last 10” or “last 12” games consideration. It’s literally no longer a criteria point.

So no, it’s not “about how you finish”. Right or wrong, they’ve been upfront about this.

• Bill Self is probably gonna have to call someone to find out directions to Wichita. What’s 3G’s number?

Comment

• Nm

Comment

• Slykryck
                            Slykryck commented
                            Editing a comment
                            So did I which Is why I initially posted it. but then I deleted it for language. If the audience is fine with an uncensored F-word, I’ll repost. But wanted to keep it respectful for the masses.

• SHOCKvalue
                            SHOCKvalue commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Doesn’t bother me. KW can take it down if he deems it no bueno.

• Kung Wu
                            Kung Wu commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I didnt see it but two mods before me got a laugh so ...

• Love our draw.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• What time do the Shox play Marshall Friday?

Comment

• AndShock
                              AndShock commented
                              Editing a comment
                              We’ll find out in a couple hours.
                          Working...
                          X