X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buys McDuffie stock.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
      Regarding McDuffie...I was expecting Shake Milton when he showed up. Did not get Shake. Markis can score, but he is either pressing, or regressing. Either way, 3G needs to push the right buttons to get something out of him. This team desperately needs minutes and points from MM because Kelly can't be figured into the plan to score in bunches and Brown has seemingly forgotten how to play the game.
      Kelly may not be expected or counted on to score in "bunches", but his stats over the last ten games in other areas are pretty dang good:
      G 10
      MP 255
      FG 24
      FGA 48
      FG% 50.0%
      2P 22
      2PA 40
      2P% 55.0%
      3P 2
      3PA 8
      3P% 25.0%
      FT 10
      FTA 18
      FT% 55.6%
      ORB 26
      DRB 45
      TRB 71
      AST 24
      STL 2
      BLK 6
      TOV 12
      PF 21
      PTS 60
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Kelly has seemed the most willing to actually put the ball on the floor and drive the last few games.. for better or worse

Comment

First photo is this season. 2nd is his freshman year. Not a joke.
          Attached Files

Comment

I did read he has increased the circumference of his legs so hopefully he can get them stronger over the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              Kelly has seemed the most willing to actually put the ball on the floor and drive the last few games.. for better or worse
              Stick,
              Complete agreement. Note he scored his career high against Temple, due to attacking the basket. Other than Shaq, RK and occasionally LS no one else really does it.
              It's to the point where they should keep a bottle of oxygen on the bench and get RK some during TV time outs so he can stay on the floor all 40 minutes. He does so MANY things that help this team that never show up in a box score.

Each year there is a player I will miss next season.
              BOBB knows all about Mr. Hatch.
              Then there was Tekele.
              Followed by Evan.

Move forward to this year... Rashard Kelly will be missed big time. Its just a matter of who will step up next.

That is all.
              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Kung Wu
                Kung Wu commented
                Editing a comment
                If you want to increase the number of drives to the basket, just sub in SHJ. You could quadruple your output per game, no problem!

• Rocky Mountain Shock
                Rocky Mountain Shock commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, but we want the ball to go in the basket at least some of the time.

Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post
              First photo is this season. 2nd is his freshman year. Not a joke.
              His freshman year, he only weighed 175 or so. Last year, he was 205 (probably his actual weight while 215 was listed). This year he can't be more than 200 or so. His bulk isn't holding him back.

Comment

My problem with the proposed "reason" for MMcD changes is that it assumes Kerry Rosenbloom didn't see/ didn't correct/didn't notice the effects. I'm not buying it, certainly as a significant factor.

Comment

• IndianaShocker
                  IndianaShocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You have a better reason? Fact - his upper body is thicker than anytime previously. Fact - his lower body is still rail thin. Fact - he can't go full speed and shift directions without eating the floor.

• OregonShocker
                  OregonShocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "better reason?" Prob not, but certainly I have several OTHER reasons. To say your theory is "obvious" and then blame the coaches and training staff is where I think it falls apart. This isn't the first lower body injury Kerry Rosenboom and the staff has dealt with in 30+ years; I think they know how to handle such scenarios.

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

His freshman year, he only weighed 175 or so. Last year, he was 205 (probably his actual weight while 215 was listed). This year he can't be more than 200 or so. His bulk isn't holding him back.
                Sophomore season attached. Clearly thinner in the upper half.
                Attached Files

Comment

Shamet will be gone. MM and AR will have to lead the way. MM needs next year to get to where he started but i don't see him finishing off he college career after next year. But who knows. Gotta go with your dreams and ambitions.

Comment

• Aargh
                    Aargh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't know if I read your post correctly, but next year is McD's last year. He finishes his college career next year.

• El_Wu
                    El_Wu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My bad for some reason i thought he had red shirted maybe because of his injury early. Need more coffee. Freaking daylight saving.

Are we sure Shamet is leaving? Asking for a friend.
                  “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                  -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                    W are not sure if Shamet is leaving. We are not sure Duff is staying. I doubt if HCGM knows for certain.

Comment

Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                      IMO both LS and MM will be back next year; attached file represents my thoughts on next season's roster as of today
                      Player Position Height Weight Year
                      Shamet, L G 6-4 188 Jr
                      Reaves, A G 6-5 185 Jr
                      McDuffie, M F 6-8 216 Sr
                      Keyser, CJ G 6-3 195 Jr
                      Midtgaard, A C 7-0 281 So
                      Lomax, A PG 6-0 180 Fr
                      Stephenson, E SG 6-4 180 Fr
                      Brown, Rod F 6-6 215 Fr
                      Moore, C F 6-7 180 Fr
                      Udeze, M C 6-8 240 Fr
                      Chandler, I C 6-9 255 Fr
                      Echenique, J F 6-11 220 Jr
                      Haynes-Jones, S G 6-0 177 Sr
                      Malone, K G 6-0 175 Sr
                      Herrs, J G 6-3 164 So
                      Bush, B G 6-0 152 So
                      Barney, B C 6-9 210 Jr
                      Last edited by Kung Wu; March 13, 2018, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• OregonShocker
                        OregonShocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ok; I see it now. And here I was thinking he was making a clever comment....;-)

• Kung Wu
                        Kung Wu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I editted the font so it should work on both color schemes.

• Shocker1976
                        Shocker1976 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Apologies, I always forget about those of you who view in the Dark Format and thanks Kung Wu for making the edit

Here’s how I view the Landry situation:
                      Option 1 - enter NBA draft and hope for 1st round selection. He will likely be very late 1st/very early 2nd, a very risky position
                      Option 2 - come back and lead a very young inexperienced team. Can him improve his quickness, thus enhancing his draft position? Will he be more of a focu s of defenses with Shaq gone and can he handle the extra attention? Is he really going to improve his draft position in this scenario?

It’s a risk either way, if he can have great pre-draft workouts and move into Top 20 range, he is gone. Book it.

Comment

Book it that Landry is back. I love his game and his potential to improve, but he is so not ready for the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                        X