Heads up for Gal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads up for Gal

Under 10 Random Thoughts there is a line about carrying.

"If you're a point guard and you see Ed Hightower refereeing your game, you'd better not carry the ball."
    Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Instead, run over and kick him in his so he won't make a travesty out of the game you're playing.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
      Instead, run over and kick him in his so he won't make a travesty out of the game you're playing.
      It always cracks me up when TV commentators praise Eddie Hightower. This guy sucks on ice as far as officials go. His biggest problem is he seems to have the need to become part of the game. The best officials are the ones you don't notice.

--'85.
      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Irregardless of who the ref is, Gal needs to improve in this area. When Gal first arrived at WSU he exhibited the incidence of turning the ball over. With the NCAA's focus on calling this more as made public last year, Gal hasn't met the challenge of changing his game to avoid the calls. Can't blame the refs.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85
          It always cracks me up when TV commentators praise Eddie Hightower. This guy sucks on ice as far as officials go. His biggest problem is he seems to have the need to become part of the game. The best officials are the ones you don't notice.

--'85.
          yeah, i don't believe earning yourself a household name as an official is ever a good thing

Comment

If you think about it, the best officials are the ones you don't remember.

That means they called a solid game and didn't try to become part of the game. There are certain MVC officials that is see calling WSU games that (rightly or wrongly) make me cringe.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
              If you think about it, the best officials are the ones you don't remember.

That means they called a solid game and didn't try to become part of the game. There are certain MVC officials that is see calling WSU games that (rightly or wrongly) make me cringe.
              So, getting back to the subject of this thread......If a ref doesn't call Gal for obvious turning the ball over, does that make him a bad ref? Or a good one?

Granted, there could be a lot more calls of this type called on other players, but Gal so blantantly shows this error, that even youngsters in the crowd can see it. If Gal can't change his habit of turning the ball over so much, then perhaps he won't be able to learn HCGM's new offenses either, and these type of turnovers will continue.

Comment

This guy has to be noticed. I can't stand him!

Comment

I have no problem with Gal getting called for it. But I've seen him get called for it while others at times do it just as blatantly and don't.

However, Hightower is still a putz and should be kicked square in the grapes!!!

Where's Tyrone????
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Where's Tyrone????
                    If my IP tracker is correct, he's currently typing "hightower" into MapQuest.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                      Where's Tyrone????
                      If my IP tracker is correct, he's currently typing "hightower" into MapQuest.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Hightower at MSU last year.

Missouri State 42 free throws
                        Wichita State 16 free throws

that a hole
                        "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                        CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Me and my buddy were talking about how A lot of these guys are still learning GMs offense. and everything, i think he made a comment about MB being the only one who knows it 100 percent.
                          so not only is gal still adjusting to playing here agaisnst actual defense.
                          Gal is learning an all new system very different then last years with an all new coach at a new position hes playing more consistantly.

Gal is a gamer, Hes a competitor.

I really feel that that ref calling 7 carrys or whatever has really gotten into gals head.
                          He told me that he didnt sleep that night.
                          I told him i was proud of him and believed in him.

Seems like hes lost a lot of confidence.
                          Maybe if everyone would stop yelling o gosh gal has the ball! he might start believing that hes a key part of this team.
                          and He is!

Go Gal
                          Go Shox
                          and Happy Hannukah to all.
                          "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                          CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

I think Gal will be fine. Hes a confident kid that loves the game and loves to compete. I for one thought gal should have gotten more minutes last night as he about the only one that could have penetrated that zone last night with his defense. Matt had to settle for tossing those long high arching lobs down to the basket and it didnt work out as often as we would have liked. I think Ellis started just to keep the hot hand from scoring not because gal is turnover prone or makes to many mistakes. Ellis has that long reach and really did keep him from scoring in th efirst half but we really could have used gal for a few more minutes last night both to pentrate that zone and be aggressive but also because he knocks down his free throws. He took much better care of the ball last nioght and you could tell hes been working on the carries and making better decisions this last week. I wish when he penetrated he would just pull up and settle for a jumper a little more often than going all the way in for a layup. But I'm not worried about him at all. The kid busts his ass and everyone goes through some tough times here and there but gal is going to be just fine because he wont let it be any other way thats just how he rolls as they say. There are other players you really cant say that about.

Comment

Working...
                            X