No announcement yet.

WSU vs. Houston in the AAC Tournament Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just noticed that gray hasn't been called for a foul all tournament so far.. 2.5 games

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post
      Gray got the star treatment, but there will always be an obstacle or two to orvercome. Our end of game execution, and inability to put games away in general is a reoccurring theme, and can't be blamed on the refs. We clearly need a player who can physically take over and create his own shot at the end of the game, because our end of game sets and execution have been consistently ineffective. I am optimistic that our future personnel will be up to the task, but to think we will suddenly change our stripes next week may be naive.
      We will play teams who don’t know us and thus can’t physically take us out of our game as easily. If we execute our offense against teams who don’t KNOW us we will be better off in the Tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

We will play teams who don’t know us and thus can’t physically take us out of our game as easily. If we execute our offense against teams who don’t KNOW us we will be better off in the Tournament.
        I agree, tournament games are typically not the same grind it out affair as a conference game, but will our D keep the opposition from executing their game?
        “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
        -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post

I agree, tournament games are typically not the same grind it out affair as a conference game, but will our D keep the opposition from executing their game?
          I don’t know. But our defense was pretty good against both Houston yesterday and Cincinnati last Sunday. Just lost by 3 yesterday and 1 last week.

Comment

• Excluded from officiating duties in the NCAA tournament, referee Ted Valentine tells ESPN he is being "punished unjustly" for turning his back on UNC's Joel Berry II in a January game.

hmmm, valentine was told right before the game he wouldn’t be officiating in the NCAA tournament...
            "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              Here

https://j.gifs.com/nrXJRp.gif Gif of it

It's quite possible if not probable the ref(s) missing that call actually play for the "other team"...like literally...and the girly bun had them all doe-eyed and flustered.
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
              X