Can Your Heart Take It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slykryck View Post
    Am I the only one that spends 30 minutes of a 40 minute game standing up in my living room, 2 feet away from the tv?
    No. Heart-Attack City Baby!!!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• 60Shock
      60Shock commented
      Editing a comment
      You are not alone and I will add clapping, screaming, cussing. I hate close games!

I don't post much during games this year. That is a direct result of my level of tension with our new conference. There is no way my heart will take both the game and SN,
    Go Shocks!

Comment

• WheatShock
      WheatShock commented
      Editing a comment
      I've gotten to where I only post during timeouts or halftime.

I end up spending a fair amount of time standing up in my living room when its a close game. I also change seats (or standing spots) to try and stop runs by the opposition or spark a run by the Shocks.
    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

I stand up in front of the TV during the closing couple of minutes of a close game, but it’s just nervous energy, not superstition.

Comment

I travel some but figured out that I can spark a shocker run if I turn all the lights on in my hotel room when we are playing. Tried to do this at home but the wife got involved and quickly put a stop to it. She just doesn't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Answer:

This is what happens when you switch over to a real conference.
          Bingo.

Plus, I can accept results whenever I feel like I'm, or the people I'm supporting, are doing things the right way. We're not perfect, we're not infallible, but who is? I like where this program is and where it's going. Personally, I can honestly say that on many levels, I am satisfied. I will not sweat too many details.

I've said 1000 times that fans all too often dismiss the "other guy's" influence on the outcome.

"If we'd made more free throws....If we didn't turn the ball over so much" etc The other guy has a say. The other guys we play now have a BIG say. Yet somehow we're 24-6. And one miserably failed call and 2 fractions of inches from being 27-3, Conference Champs, Mid Season Tourney Champs and a likely #1 seed. That works for me.

I watched last night's game with zero consternation. What happened was going to happen. But I don't have to sweat going 28-3 anymore to continue the season. And I freaking love it .....for the coaches, team, and for me. I can take all the close games they can play. Every single one of them. And that's from a guy with a heart that could explode at any minute.

Comment

I don't know about my heart, but my liver sure can't take it.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I noticed last night that WSU played better when I was folding laundry. I had to refold some of it several times. But, I have a whole basket of clean stuff today, so rest easy!

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                I noticed last night that WSU played better when I was folding laundry. I had to refold some of it several times. But, I have a whole basket of clean stuff today, so rest easy!
                I can bring you mine if that will help the cause more.

Comment

Working...
                X