Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisville’s 2013 Title Vacated

This makes me angry.

Download the Feb. 2018 University of Lousiville Infractions Appeals Decision Louisville must vacate men's basketball records in which student-athletes competed

Wichita State: Undefeated in 2013 March Madness tournament!

Comment

I don't think there's much doubt in anyone's mind that the winner of the UL-WSU game was going to win the Natty.

Shame.

Comment

• Rlh04d
        Rlh04d commented
        Editing a comment
        I have some doubt if we would have faced Syracuse. Not Michigan.

I understand that it'd be... sour to call ourselves National Champions... but at the very least, we are runner-ups, no?

Comment

ESPN's article:

Louisville must vacate its 2013 national championship and 2012 Final Four appearance after the NCAA denied its appeal of what the school described as "Draconian penalties" from last year.
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Jamar Howard 4 President, any idea what Kenpom would have said about our matchup with Michigan in the championship?
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

May the NCAA will reconsider since Louisville is strenuously objecting:

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Jamar Howard 4 President, any idea what Kenpom would have said about our matchup with Michigan in the championship?
              Would have favored Michigan by a fair margin. But that was also true of Pitt, Gonzaga, and Ohio State.

WSU was still dragging around numbers built without Ron Baker, and a number of other key injuries.

It's difficult to compare NCAAT team WSU and injury-plagued regular season WSU.

Comment

Jim Rome just gave a shout out to shocker nation as having A legitimate claim to the 2013 title. LOL

Comment

Would we have beaten duke in final four? If we advance because Louisville beat us, doesn’t all the teams they beat?

Comment

• Cdizzle
                    Cdizzle commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's a fair point. IMO, WSU and UL were playing a level above the field that month. UL obliterated Duke.

Not saying we wouldn’t have won, just saying it’s unfair to just give Michigan the title or us a title appearance. However I will say take away our loss when compiling records for NCAA tournament games.

Comment

• Cdizzle
                    Cdizzle commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yep. It's a fair point. To that end though, I think what's "fair" has gone out the window a long time ago. If Louisville, who cheated repeatedly about as much as you can cheat, is still going to claim a title, why shouldn't Michigan or WSU or Duke. Or all 3. They all have a more legitimate claim.

Meh, Louisville didn't beat us that day, the refs did. But screw 'em anyway - they were dirty, everyone but their fans know it and they'll probably be in the FBI report too.

Comment

I'm not so concerned with the title at this point. It would be nice to claim it and be recognized. I'd much rather see WSU share in the tourney revenue that had to be returned by UofL. And I don't want to see WSU have to fight a legal battle with the Misery Valley Conference to keep it.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, this still doesn't address their latest issues, correct? If that is the case, I still expect them to get the death penalty (see Baylor), which make the next coach's job at least a 5 year rebuilding project.

Comment

I not interested in getting credit for any wins we did not earn on the basketball court as opposed to the court of law. Maybe splitting Louisville's 2013 NCAA credits between WSU and Michigan should be split between those two schools.

Hopefully, the NCAA Record Book will forever show the 2013 Naitonal Championship as "Vacated by Louisville for Cheating"

Comment

Working...
                        X